1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Murray watching the raptors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 30, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

That first one maybe,....those other 3....I dont know about that. That looks real suspect.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1) Don't dodge. Would you trade our roster minus Harden for their roster minus Kawhi?

2) If I dig up a post early in the season where I called the Raptors the best team in the East.. would you allow me to choose your username for a year?

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Let me give you the response you should expect from these types...

Harden ball hogging and ghosting would make the Raptors guys worse and Kawhi and his awesomeness would elevate the Rockets guys to new heights never before seen. Possible that Kawhi would invent an anti aging elixir for CP3, because he is more of a leader.

HP3 likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Haha

I just want to know if he would personally make that trade. That's not asking much is it?

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Im gonna keep asking this until someone answers me, why do people act like Durant is a bum?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm not sure I would. The rockets were considered far better all year and not just because of harden. They were 7.5 favorites over the warrirors and that's with everyone on the planet knowing harden sucks in elimination games.

What do you think such a poll would have resulted at the beginning of the season? After we wanted to run it back? With everyone talking about were the only team that is even trying to beat the warrirors?

This is pure revisionism.

And yes the fact is kawhi makes his teammates look better. As does Curry. And harden can do that, except he slows the pace down and doesn't move which is nice for stat padding but tough on teammates.

PeterKingX and T_Man like this.
  7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You're not sure if you would trade our roster minus Harden for their roster minus Kawhi? Give me a break dude. Why are you wasting my time?

Either you're being disingenuous or you are a horrendous talent evaluator. This underpins the flaw in your argument.

Now the second question you dodged: if I called the Raptors getting to the Finals, do I get to choose your username for a year?

8. HP3

HP3 Member

I just wanna say, its not really Kawhi out there making his teammates look better it is mostly Lowry, without a doubt.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It doesn’t matter what you say, there are always excuses. A couple of pages ago, it was that Klay was hurt. Now it was KD isn’t there, or they were good all along. The goal posts move endlessly, and for as little of a reason as harden simply can’t not dribble the entire shot clock out and move off the ball more. The raps play smart, the rockets play dumb

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I would take the Rockets.

Chris Paul - Kyle Lowry
    Eric Gordon - Danny Green
    Austin Rivers - Norman Powell
    PJ Tucker - Pascal Siakam
    Clint Capela - Marc Gasol
    Nene - Serge Ibaka
    Iman Shumpert - Fred VanVleet
    Ken Faried - Chris Boucher
    Gerald Green - Jodie Meeks
    Danuel House - OG Anunoby
    Gary Clark - Malcolm Miller
    Isaiah Hartenstein - Eric Moreland
    Vince Edwards - Pat McCaw
    Chris Chiozza - Jeremy Lin
    Trevon Duval - Jordan Loyd
    Michael Frazier

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Raptors were always top 2 in the east. That's not an amazing call.

Did you think they were better than the rockets all year?

I certainly didn't even with my harden doubts.

You seriously need to move into sports betting if you had the raptors as an unbeatable dynasty all year

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'll let you know when you reply to my posts.

Specifically, regarding whether I can choose your usename for a year if I called the Raptors in the Finals and with a chance of defeating the Warriors way before the playoffs.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

How? This is so disingenuous as to what is actually being argued. And is KD and Klay Thompson(not to mention Looney) not being there, not a difference maker. Do you guys think these dudes are just some bums off the street.

14. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Doesn't matter who was out. History suggests Harden will find a way to choke when the pressure is on and Rockets are expected to win.

Did you forget game 6 at HOME against a much weaker Spurs a few years back without Kawhi and Tony Parker where we got blown out and Harden gave up few minutes into the game?

15. Mr. Clutch

No, why would I do that? It isn't a crazy call.

Now answer my question:

What do you think a poll about swapping supporting casts with raptors would have looked like before the season? Before the playoffs? When the raptors were down 2-0 bucks?

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Cmon man, you really think that low of our team and Harden?

So if Kawhi wasnt there to start that series do we lose?

17. biff17

biff17 Member

Our GM did draft a Siakahm of the world, his name is Capella.

Now I think Siakhim is going to be a better player but he is the same type of player who has surpassed his draft status and become a plus starter on a contending team.

Those players come along about every 10 years per a team it's not like a team drafts them every other year.

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I think Harden is a great regular season player but leaves a lot to be desired come playoffs and I would take Kawhi over him in a heartbeat.I also believe this team cannot win a championship with Harden's style of ISO ball hog play. Defenses can key in and focus come playoff time to disrupt that and we are toast as has been proven over and over again.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's not a crazy call? A few posts back you were adamant that we're revising HISTORY by saying the Raptors are excellent. If some people change their minds now, were they wrong then or wrong now? Because I was right then. I was very, very right.

I think, as with all defense-first teams in NBA history, people would not have hailed the Raptors as a great team before they saw it unfold. The fact of the matter is that team was a defensive monster, and then added a 3rd fulcrum from the high post to their offense. I'm a good analyst, I knew what was up.

18 July 2018
    14 December 2018
    8 February 2019
    8 February 2019

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Agree to disagree.