1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think you are missing the alleged multiple "go fark yourself" hurled at Lowry.

Patience likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I kinda agree with that but society does define us for those single moments of idiocy. My youngest just got accepted into Hopkins. A friend of his, just as good as a student with top stats didn't got in at any top colleges. We are thinking this is due to a physical fight he had a couple of years ago during lunch break. Apparently, that was noted by his high school counselor to the colleges he applied. I had recently told the wife that a teenager shouldn't really be defined by a single altercation.

3. biina

biina Member

Do you have comprehension problems?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

he has unwarranted physical contact with players.

post still stands. show us where he pushes players. you can't

5. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Doesn't seem like he has a comprehension problem.

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's actually not as bad as Lowry firing a basketball at a female ref and threatening to kick her ass.

7. biina

biina Member

Before the event, doubt many knew the guy was a part owner of GS and thus calling him a representative of the organization is quite a stretch. In fact, most initial reports referred to him simply as a fan cos that what the world knew of him.

Drake has made unwarranted physical contact with player (including the recent "curry lint"). That you (and/or others) dont see Drake's action in the same vein as the Lowry push essentially proves my point that your subjective measure in advocating for a more severe ban is not tenable long term.

A better position in my view, is to have clearer guidelines and punishment. I am not a fan of the kind of antics Mark Steven, Drakes and many of the court side 'fans' seem to get up to. They often seem able to get away with much more than the regular fan would and I feel the actions of mark steven is simply a consequence of the privilege they had been granted

8. yoeddy

Whether or not people knew he was an owner when it happened has no relevance. People know it now, and the punishment should be established accordingly.

If Drake has attacked players, then he should be banned. But again, I'm not familiar with any instance where Drake attacked a player. I just googled "Curry Lint" and found nothing about a physical attack (although I did find something where Drake and Curry are friends). Can you point to a video or an article where Drake has physically attacked a player?

Patience likes this.
  9. biina

biina Member

So in your version of English language "unwarranted physical contact" = "push"?

10. biina

biina Member

Do you share the malaise as well?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

in the context of what is being talked about here. mark's push vs what drake does has no comparison when again he doesn't disrespect someone by physicality

how that needs to be explained to you is beyond me

12. biina

biina Member

I did not accuse Drake of attacking a player and mark steven pushed lowry, which does not qualify as an attack in my view.

But again it is a subjective judgement. The fact you feel Mark Stevens push of Lowry is egregious, allows me (or anyone else) to view Drake's actions in a similar way. That there seems to be no established standard that is adhered to, is the big problem

13. biina

biina Member

So you admit that you have a comprehension problem.

Then its is not surprising that both the premise and the logic of the argument you seem to take issue with has gone over your head.

Apologies, but I do not traffic solely in simple declarative statements, as you seem to desire.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

the person that has a problem here is you and your ridiculous attempt at comparisons. the fact that you can't see that is on you, not anyone else.

yoeddy likes this.
  15. biina

biina Member

You might have had a leg to stand on if I was making a direct comparison.

"Give me the place to stand, and I shall move the earth" must be nonsense in your ears as well

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

snore

17. yoeddy

Nope...I have excellent reading comprehension skills.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If someone shoved you like that in the street, it would be assault. That is an established standard.

19. yoeddy

Mark Stevens went out of his way to push Lowry aggressively and verbally told Lowry to "Eff yourself" (verbal assault by itself is not something to be punished, but pretty clearly establishes Stevens' intentions with the push). Can you be specific about Drake's actions that you consider to be egregious? If there is video, that would be great, but even if it's just an article that discusses Drake's action and discusses why it was inappropriate, that would be very helpful.

Patience likes this.
  20. yoeddy

I 100% agree that you have not made a direct comparison. That is why your assertion seems to make no sense. There is no 100% comparison between what Mark Stevens did and what Drake has done that would stand any kind of reasonable equivalency in a discussion like this. If you have any kind of information that would make the Stevens/Drake comparison reasonable to consider, please share it with us.

YOLO likes this.