1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) MDA has ended contract talks with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 30, 2019.

1. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Les really sold the team at its highest value and dipped. Legend.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

seems to me they want to keep all their options open, especially when they're apparently dangling some core players.

HP3, hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

It’s happening

Plowman likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Blow it all up. This team (as currently constructed) hit it's peak last year.

cheke64 likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It begs an interesting question.... is lame duck coaching a real liability??

To me, the issue isn't the "lame duck" status, it's all the other stuff around it. Meaning had they come out of the season, and clearly said - or indicated through actions - no MDA extension, needs to prove it next year, but will be some assistant coaching changes, and maybe let 1 or 2 guy, and that "plan" was clear, then that'd be fine.

Meaning, it's ok to be like "we think we want him, but we're not really sure". It's frankly kind of insane that lame duck coaching became a thing. I don't know the exact history of it but I assume it was agent driven.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'll be surprised if they can fill out a coaching staff with prominent assistants without giving DAntoni an extension UNLESS they are hiring someone who knows they are the next coach. At that point though you just need to fire D'Antoni.

Like I said to @Deuce , you can't bring in a guy like a Joerger, Thibs, etc. who is a head coach while D'Antoni has 1 year left. There will be instant drama in the team waiting on him to get fired.

Deuce, Gray_Jay and HP3 like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Right... so again, I guess the questions with this news and ALL news is...

There's sure A LOT of news coming out about the Rockets. Who is leaking all this? And why?

I wonder if MDA is the source of all of the leaks.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The lame duck thing is an issue when you need to replace coaches. That's it in my opinion. For example, let's say you want a coach currently under contract with New Orleans. He's not leaving that gig if he thinks his future here is tied to D'Antoni.

Easy likes this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

We tanking for Zion boyz

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

good point. but that doesn't mean if one of these bigger assistants do commit that it can't be revisited.

11. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]
    God who is this dude? :eek:

likestohypeguy and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's certainly a vote of no confidence

Richie_Rich, Easy and justtxyank like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think @Nook posted its mostly the rockets doing

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Okay but how many top 5 teams just end it because they don't think they can win?

If we're the 8th seed I get tanking, but a top 4 seed? (Really should have been the 2 seed)

Durant is leaving, Curry turning 32. Now he wants to give up?

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

they traded All-Star Demar Derozan for top 5 player Kawhi...of course they’re better

Deckard and HP3 like this.
  16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I blame the owner for not aligning with the FO properly. Could have just fired MDA.

Look at what Toronto did two years ago. Anyone still has issue with that firing?!

Ended up with this farce. Now what? Is Tilman happy now? Do you cut loss now and initiate the firing? Do you swallow the mishap and proceed with the assistancy search? Who's going to join the assistant coaching team given the uncertainty at the top now?

Massive F***up

Little Bit likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's him be a little more respectful

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  18. PWR

PWR Member

Harden tried to tell everyone that he knew what needed to be done, lol. The guy was obviously pissed.

Everyone else got too comfortable in the playoffs, especially the coaches and the recently paid Paul & Capela.

Time to cause some chaos this summer. Maybe people will start coaching and playing better once they know they can be shipped off to the Knicks or Hornets.

I hope Morey and Harden keep their feet on everyone else's necks all summer.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

He hardly even runs plays, he just gives the ball and lets him figure it out. That's not coaching. Hire a coach that runs a semblance of an offense instead of this isolation bullshit.

MC31B likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

what did toronto do? oh that's right they traded for a top 5 player

oh and lebron left the east