1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Generally speaking (and I realize this doesn’t work with Embiid in the picture), but he needs to get the Giannis treatment. Play him as a 5 and surround him with shooters. He’s an excellent rebounder. Then he can go into Draymond mode and terrorize people in transition with his ability to run the floor and create looks for others.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Should of never traded for Paul. If he wanted to come here in free agency ok. But trading away all that for someone we all knew was injury prone and up I'm age was not worth it. I believe those same pieces could got us something that helped us out better going forward compared to where we are now.

I would send cp3 and capela to new Orleans for AD. I rather keep Capela but to get away fr cp3 contract I would let Capela go especially for AD.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hear ya but Simmons clearly does not want to play any position outside of point guard. He's made that known for a while now. The kid is all kinds of hardheaded. If he were more flexible Simmons would have worked on his jumpshot last summer to make himself a better player but he clearly did not.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I honestly think this is a ploy by feritta to avoid the luxury tax

There is zero reason to blow up a team that is potentially the 2nd best team and at worst the 4th best team.

His comments that we're just a 4th seed and there's no point in keeping this team together "if we're probably not going to win a championship" give it away.

Almost never is a team going to "probably win a championship." At best you can hope to be one of the top 5 contending teams and make a run.

What happened to just adding Butler to this team?

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

1 star can't beat a 3 star well-oiled machine. Give Harden high-caliber talent and the Warriors can be beaten. This roster just isn't it.

Hard_foul likes this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why the hell would NOLA take on 3 years $125M of an aging Chris Paul for the most tradeable asset in the league?? Clint Capela is not NEARLY enough for them to even consider it. You guys understand that all these other teams have fan bases that they have to please too, right??

#506 Fyreball, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    YOLO, pippendagimp and Von Rafer like this.
  7. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

The Rockets did that trade because of #riskprofile
    It got us 1 win away from a championship in 2018, the trade was worth the chance.

The CP3 window has now closed, temper your expectations for a trade. Lonzo Ball is best case scenario, Tyler Johnson and Josh Jackson is more realistic.

Stormy1234 and Hard_foul like this.
  8. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Y’all need to chill
    Y’all need to chill out acting like y’all know all Tillman wants to do is save money. It’s the dumbest **** that is said on here. I get the feeling everyone that says this is the type that hates rich people because they’re rich. Also, you can’t just add Butler. It takes a lot of moving parts to get another max type player here.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Trying to make sense out of this conscious that it's coming from Kyler.

- Boston, not sure here, they might have some interest in Capela if Irving bolts, at that point i think Ainge would try to get younger by moving Horford, resigning Rozier and play Hayward with the hope he rises his value in order to get something out of him. Regardless i'd expect the Celtics to trade one or two of their 1st round picks in this draft for Clint. They have the 14th, 20th and 22nd.

- Hornets are still paying Biyombo and Zeller around 30M, unless they move them i don't think they'll look at Capela, probably more Gordon, maybe also Paul if Kemba bolts. They have the 12th pick and the 36th. I wonder if they would move Miles Bridges in this kind of trade...probably not.

- Magic should've have little interest in Clint, i don't really know if they plan to resign Vuc, but even if they don't, they have Bamba so, unless they already gave up on him i just don't see it, they need guards, especially a PG so, they could actually be a team interested in Chris, they have the 16th pick, Fultz, Isaac...

- Mavs have no 1st rounder to trade, Brunson (which tbh i think is an underrated player) and Justin Jackson in rookie scale and 2nd rounder/s are their asset so, i don't see how we trade with them regardless, unless we're specifically looking into dump salary

#509 Vivi, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

This.
    AD is the most valuable trade chip that's been available this decade. He's going to the Knicks or Celtics for a king's ransom.

Anyone that thinks we can trade for Davis is stupid.

luckyman76 and J Sizzle like this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All that? We gave up nothing!

You might not like the contract, but...

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is a pretty ignorant post. First of all, we would have lost EVEN MORE assets in order to outright sign CP3 in FA since his salary would have been even higher. Secondly, the trade was never for long term benefit. It was purely for trying to wing a championship over GSW within the next 2-3 years.

Also, why the hell would NOLA trade AD for CP3 and Cappela?

Von Rafer and YOLO like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i was just reading the comments under that AZ Central tweet about that CP3 to Phoenix idea (for the 6th pick, Jackson, Johnson and Warren), and there's literally not a single Suns fan saying he would do that (obviously), they're pretty much all saying that it would be the worst trade in their history and that they already made enough bad trades lol.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

same goes for the fakers fans. i know a ton of people from LA and they're all sour on CP3 and his injury history. they're all like "no F'n way"

Vivi likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not shocking, i also don't believe Lebron would give his ok to make a similar trade, because even if he's Chris friend, he knows he needs more to stay relevant. Maybe only if they literally strikeout on every all star available in free agency and via trade, which is a difficult scenario to imagine for me...

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I think a trade sending Paul to Phoenix is realistic, but the 6th pick is completely off the table.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

How reliable is Kyler?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wouldn't write it off because the Suns are dumb but there're other point guards available, all much younger and cheaper than Chris (which imo would've have also zero interest in playing there and would ask to get traded before even making a step in Arizona), i just can't believe they could be this dumb, but hey, they're the Suns so, who knows...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

their entire roster consists of guys mid 20s or lower with yet another high pick. they're not trading for a 34 yr old pg owed $40mil per for a couple more years

20. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Eh....it’s Kyler. No stock