1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston pursuing Ty Lue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 28, 2019.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Would be a bad hire

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Nook is Dantoni getting extended? Why are they trying to hire his assistants lol (After firing his)

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know if MDA is getting an extension for sure. If I were a betting man, I would say it is very likely that he gets an extension.

A lot of front offices hire at least some of their head coaches assistants, or have a strong say in it. So far all the coaches fired haven't been on the offensive side of the ball, which is what concerns MDA.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. AKVerse47

AKVerse47 Member

no, thank you

5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

yes indeed, but some were his guys.. its just weird to me, that they are doing this.. I mean Ty Lue is a head coach candidate, and your interest in him.. I would think that would be a little disrespectful for Dantoni..
    just a weird situation.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't see us ever winning a title in the harden era if this guy gets extended. and i've been a supporter of MDA throughout his tenure here. with the exception of game 5 at SAS, i haven't had much to complain about. but he was tragically exposed the last 2 games of this postseason. instead of pushing his guys, he fuking sat on the bench. insisted on dying with capela on the floor. drew up nothing during our cold spells offensively. let kerr run the same PnR possession after possession with no adjustments. let kerr play his entire bench getting contributions from out of nowhere while he stubbornly played the same guys into the ground as usual. MDA simply does not possess the clutch gene as a coach. on the contrary, his brain goes frozen under pressure. we are never, ever ever ever, winning a title with him as head coach.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The reality is that whoever coaches the Rockets, it is more likely true than not; that Harden never wins a title with the Rockets. Unfortunately Harden played during the Warriors era and the Rockets didn't have much in house talent to surround him with.

I won't argue with you about the clutch gene, until he wins one, it is fair to question him. However, concerning the P&R, that is on the former defensive assistant coach. There are some limitations that MDA, he doesn't adjust as fast as I would like and he does not pay attention to details. Having said that, I think the roster more than anything will decide if we win a title.

Stormy1234, amaru, smp and 2 others like this.
  8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

regardless he doesnt use his depth.. He could have tried a couple of guys, but decided not too/

amaru and ROXonROXonROX like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Absolutely, he could have used his depth differently. He isn't blameless.

amaru likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ahhh u know winning a championship before

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

If you are able to answer this question, I'll tell you the result.
    Let's say MDA gets 3year $12 Million extension
    Ty Lue demands 5year $35 million contract. How much will you pay him?

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this is a load of bullshit. ty lue was voted among his peers as having the best in game adjustments of any coach.

amaru and ipaman like this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Why u think that. Harden has nothing to prove. He has been scoring champ mvp, got his team one game away from beating the greatest team ever. Plus he been super maxed. Go win a championship. If curry can survive kd harden can lbj. Yall read to much adding lbj does nothing bad to.harden legacy since harden is on lbj level n can look him eye to eye. Mans been in the mvp race for.5 years straight. If he could get lbj he would

tc0330 likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the lack of adjustments on that PnR play in the 4th Q of game 6 is primarily on bzdelik indeed. but MDA has been coaching how many years? i mean he has the final say and the guy just sat there and let his career plummet right before his eyes. and when i say sat there, i mean literally the guy was in his fuking chair. contrast that with nick nurse on the sidelines the entire 4th Q of their recent game 6, squatting with knees bent down and his ass touching the back of his shoes.

i posted here once before that prior to game 6 on league pass they were showing the teams warm up. GS was completely locked in ALL BUSINESS. our guys were joking and fuking around like it was a game in mid-January. i immediately thought of the report after game 1 at ORL, when rudy reportedly tore into our guys during practice for being content up 1 game and not taking the situation seriously. cassell came out in game 2 with that meanmug gameface just like klay did to start game 6. this is the diff b/t a championship coach with a sense of urgency to seize the moment... and a guy who simply is not built to go for the jugular.

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

In 2010.
    Board of Directors believe that our CEO did not do the good job (annual salary $750). The bottom line on financials is on red (lose money). Board of Director then hired a Deputy CEO for a chance to replace CEO at annual salary $1 million dollars. His annual salary was $800K with original company before he was hired.

Then Deputy CEO was unable to get along with CEO. the Board fired Deputy CEO in 4 months. It was published in newspaper. Deputy CEO was unable to find a job in 5 years, then ......

Ty Lue is unlikely to take Assistant job.

16. Nook

Nook Member

If the moon was made out of cheese.... would you eat it?

I know I would.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

In the NBA, MLB, NFL Bad Coaches who do bad job are rewarded with high draft picks.

Bad Coach, Tank, High Draft Picks, Rebuild

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

PREACH.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Harden is 29 years old. With the KD decision looming soon, we can win one for sure.

Saying that it is unlikely is fair, but we have a decent chance as any outside of Golden State. The series was fairly even.. we will have a shot next year.

20. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't impossible..... but I would say it is less than 50% that Harden and the Rockets win a title in the next 3-4 years. Obviously that can change depending on who goes where and what moves are made around the league.

Stormy1234 likes this.