1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Cat) Daryl Morey and MDA Exit Interview quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 16, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Fertita says getting under the luxury tax was a fluke and he doesn't know how it happened

Wtf?

smp and daywalker02 like this.
  2. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'm done listening to them blab, I'll see what Morey does in the offseason, if he doesn't aggressively try and improve this team, I cant see being fully invested in "these" Rockets. I'm a die hard fan, but I call BS when my team stinks.

Ideas for Morey......

1. Put Gordon and Capela on the trade block. ( If it is a really good deal and they are asking for Tucker, do it)
    2. Stop bringing in reclamation projects that nobody wants i.e. MCW, Ennis, Knight....
    3. Aim higher than beating the warriors. Aim at winning a championship and construct a team with high basketball IQ.
    4. Tell MDA to use his bench more. If he doesn't listen and is stubborn, do what you did last time to a stubborm coach.... Fire his ass.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. caneks

caneks Rookie

not in the regular season either.
    Given the fact that neither Harden's FG% no 3pt FG% are in top 50 of all qualified players this season, Morey somehow ridiculously manipulated data and claimed Harden is a player better than Chamberlain or Jordan. would anyone believe in that?

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Obviously Adam Silver believed that, so he had no other choice but to rig games against harden vs the warriors 2 years in a row now...if he doesn't do it , then harden beats the best team of all times 2 years in a row, ALONE, with no star support...NO basketball player has ever done that...
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t see how it’s even possible to be a fan of this team in 2019, been a member since 2007, and this be something you post.

Morey didn’t make up eFG% or TS%.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly.

The"y got it right" by changing the lineup patterns.

Isn't this the point?

7. amaru

amaru Member

Nah.....can't put this all on Melo. Where were Mike's adjustments at the beginning of the season? Why did we lose games to New Orleans, Cleveland and Memphis during the year? The only common denominator there, besides injury, is Mike D'Antoni.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Nah...Green punked Capela even when he wasn't sick.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Lol no.

HCA wouldn't have fixed our biggest issue.....poor coaching (MDA)

10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Them push offs by harden was classless.

Maybe, the push offs were payback for eye injuries but the injuries were apart of the game.

11. amaru

amaru Member

No, the Rockets lost because Kerr outcoached D'Antoni. D'Antoni needs to be better (who am I kidding, he is what he is at 70).

cheke64 likes this.
  12. caneks

caneks Rookie

so the new excuses are the games were rigged for Warriors to win the title 2 years in a row? I am amazed by your Morey's fans.

Is Harden's eFG% the hightest among all qualified players this season? not in top 10, not top 20, not top 30. how could that data translate into one of the all time greats, not mention to the height of Chamberlain or Jordan? please do not bother with that TS% bullshit.

Truth hurts. Not every fans like Morey's approach. I am one of them.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Of course you would ignore the reality that very few players can put up the volume of shot attempts and still maintain an eFG% higher than every team in the NBA other than the Warriors.

And don’t bother with TS% bullshit?

Sounds like the type of rebuttal from someone who knows he’s beat.

biff17 likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Says the idiot with multiple ids.Talk about moralityl lol

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is getting ppl to eat at his restaurant, just dun follow it, if Rox play worse.

#95 daywalker02, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we all know in our hearts what will happen next season.... #runitback with worse players

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

lol, now you are talking about volume shoot attempts now.

to your question, here is a simple example why TS% is bullshit.

player A, no FGA, but got 6 FTAs from 3 2 point fouls, he made 4.
    player B, no FGA, but got 6 FTAs from 2 3 point fouls. he made 4.
    TS% gives the same result for both players. do they really have same shooting efficiency?

You are welcome.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't remember Le$ making them do exit interviews? Good job Til, hold them accountable.

19. smp

smp Member

Oops. We got under the luxury tax threshold! How did that happen? Well alrighty then. I guess we just got lucky. Miracles happen. Praise be!

This coming from a man who probably knows how much each ketchup packet costs at his restaurants. Haha.

Look, I like what he had to say about everything but that lie. He knew exactly how to get under the tax line. It was by design. What I really want to know is why he did it.

That’s the big question. Was it to save money? Reading between the lines tells me he is only willing to spend if he thinks he can win a ring and he didn’t believe this group could take out the Warriors and Bucks. If he says he tried to get under the tax threshold, he will have to answer that question. He doesn’t want to say he didn’t believe this team could win it all and shed salary because of it.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Probably shouldn’t continue but oh well.

Hardens efg% of .541 is higher than any team in the league other than the Warriors. So every shot he takes is more efficient on average than every shot every team in the league takes on average other than the Warriors.

Harden shoots more than anyone in the league. Efficiency almost ALWAYS declines as volume goes up, yet for Harden this doesn’t seem to be the case.

So while .541 isn’t a spectacular number in itself, it IS when you pair it with the sheer volume with which he shoots. And you consider that again only the Warriors on average are more efficient than your average shot by Harden.

Buddy Hield is one of the league leaders in efg%. You think he could maintain that level of efficiency if he doubled the amount of shots he put up? I don’t and I’m sure every scout on earth agrees.

And yes bring up an example of TS% calculation that literally is irrelevant. Sure over 1 half or 1 quarter you COULD run into this weird scenario you played out, but over several games or weeks or a season, TS% is an absolutely solid indicator of overall efficiency.