1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

From September:

HP3 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Guess that changed a little after Gm 5 and Gm 6.........

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol have did your research about Harden always wanting to play never wanting to rest. It'll be the perfect match. (being facetious) Though Rockets now have a better roster than any team he has previously coached. With the way Dantoni plays them it'll be a lateral move at best.

Thibs a decent coach but horrible GM and Coach. Morey wont let him do that. Rockets won't.

But im tired of debating probabilities. Right now MDA is our coach. So all we can do is hope the team learns something from all this. They have to be tired of being mocked.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Maybe...

Quite possible the owner doesn’t knee jerk as hard as random clutchfans posters.

jcf likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

just goes back to the inconsistent logic. you criticize a coach for apparently in your own words "running the starters into the ground". Yet you advocate for the replacement, whose top criticisms does such. makes a ton of sense there my friend. thibs problems didn't just start in minny.

either way we both expect him to be let go or at least it wouldn't be surprising. so lets see what happens and how things play out

Remlap likes this.
  6. Remlap

Remlap Member

He's not infallible. NO.
    So, yes, some of our performance can be put on him.
    And YES, GSW is just that stacked. Their 4 year track record is proof.

Had we been swept or steamrolled then yes, there would be more cause for concern.
    However, we've thrown punches at these guys for the last 2 years that NO OTHER TEAM has been able to do.
    That says SOMETHING. We are awfully close.
    But (AGAIN), to run off a coach with an amazing winning record just for not being able to knock
    off one of the greatest teams of all time seems short sighted.

To fire a guy with such success likely means a step backwards

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, and no. Anyone clamoring for the removal of someone should have an idea of who the replacement is going to be. Advocating Step 1 without having a good idea Step 2 will actually be better may feel good, but its foolhardy.

Sometimes, the current coach is so bad that almost anyone would be better. That's not the case here...nor are there a lot of great coaches just sitting there waiting for a job. So...what is Step 2? Without knowing that, I think we don't take Step 1.

As for saying that's Tilman's and Morey's job, and trusting they will make the necessary changes....well, that's how we arrived at MDA. So, what you're really saying is we're good with what we already have. OR...you are saying no, you don't really believe that's the right process.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Also for you geiniuses saying Mike didn’t adjust(which he did) tell me what was your genius adjustments. Play Faried and House more LOL

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No...stop twisting what I write because you know for a fact Thib would be better so you salty. Our defense would be better i just said it would be a lateral mover at best dont you understand. I advocate for Rocketa getting better period. Whatever way that is.

See I can misinterpret what you write too.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

what are you talking about. nobody is twisting anything. how is quoting exactly the things you say classified as twisted. that makes 0 sense.

read everything you posted and actually do some thinking. your inconsistences are just glaring. your problem is you can't see it because obviously you have an agenda

that's not anyone else's problem but your own.

11. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Its Jeff Bzdelik time :D:D:D

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No agenda you just dont know basketball. Do Rockets seem to be improving under MDA?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

who are you again? certainly not anyone that's known to be credible around here. yet you want to tell someone else they don't know basketball. ok cool guy.

when you run out of things to say because they've all been refuted, this is the obvious last resort. might as well take that last breath before drowning

#233 YOLO, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lol what? who are you Max Payne?

Are Rockets improving under MDA?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

who are you again? need to introduce yourself first since apparently I don't know basketball. Im being told by someone with such great knowledge and expertise

you want actual discussion, we can discuss. you want to talk that bs then you'll get that same energy back

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Exactly.... I know what championship Rockets basketball looks like. Its looking more and more like MDA cant provide that. You mad about someone proposing a alternative to MDA but refuse to accept or acknowledge his faults. I know what the heart of a champion looks like. Thats all you need to know. You dont need to know me, but if you want shameless twitch/twitter plug I'll be more than happy.

I dont need to talk no mess. Facts are facts. MDA need to step his game up by helping these players step their game up. There's no retort for that.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

the guy who just came around less than 3 years ago knows what championship Rockets basketball looks like. ok cool guy

you've been retorted from the beginning of this discussion and have yet to say anything with actual content. i don't need to know you. your posts say enough and not to burst your bubble but its certainly not what you're trying to preach

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You must love reading your writing dude, I mean seriously. You going to retort because you refuse to accept the facts. That this expiriement was a failure.

I have no bubble to burst. Calm yourself. He you go with your fake news if you are going to spread propaganda atleast provide the text. I said Ive been saying since the beginning a couple years ago i disagreed with that MDA signing. Ive been around way longer than that I dont have to explain nothing, you horribe debater lol. Dont let the join date fool you. This is a new name. Last one got lost in the forum transition. Ive been around Rockets basketball since before the championships.

And you are??? Just because you think you are a long time poster doesn't make you righ or give you the right to try and belittle anyone that has a difference of opinion than the insane notion of trying it again.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure does, especially coming from someone who is a nobody around here trying to tell someone they don't know basketball. gtfoh with that bs.

you don't like it? then don't try to portray yourself as that garbage ass dude in the first place and stick to actual basketball discussion. like i said you get the same energy you put out.

20. amaru

amaru Member

1) I’ve always felt D’Antoni was an overrated coach and I was against the hire from day one. That was all Les.

2) Tilman and Morey had nothing to do with how we ended up with MDA. That’s just revisionist history. MDA is here because Les Alexander wanted him. Period.

3) I have already listed other coaches I’d prefer over D’Antoni in other threads and I didn’t feel like repeating myself in this thread. But since you insist, if available I’d take JVG over D’Antoni in a heart beat. Doc unfortunately has one year left on his contract but I’d take him over Mike right now.

Ramo$e likes this.