1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: I know exactly what we need to do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

This team didn't exactly clicked in the playoffs for whatever reason. My suspicion was locker room issues, but without being privy to information, it's just a good guess now.

2. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

The issue last night after 4 years of losses to the same team in every fashion imaginable is the fact that the team as a whole did not have any pride in their game.

The only people around the org showing any pride were the legends of old: Elie, Vernon, Dream, E - Elie especially.

MDA has got to go. This loss is for everyone, not just the players. When a coach can't challenge the deeper question for why one plays to his players, he's not it. Give me Doc Rivers or Phil Jackson. There are only a few coaches that I believe can coach Harden, mentally and spiritually.

This loss was disappointing not from a basketball but from a competition perspective. Everyone from Clutch City recognizes it. How they approached last night's game wasn't it.

Give me a team that will lay it all out in the biggest moments and not play it safe. Re: Harden's legacy moving forward, this could be the final nail at least in this chapter of the Warriors dynasty.

Whatever Harden's got cooking in his brain, it's gotta be to rethink his philosophy of the game and to influence Morey to get players who fit that.

Last night's comment whatever it is I'm afraid is either shortsighted or just straight up a mirage.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You win with stars, as Curry proved last night. The team with the best player won.

To be better, Harden should:
    -play faster, including pushing the pace and running on the break
    -play off-ball some to mix it up (and I don't mean watching cp3 or Gordon go 4-4 whole he stands at halfcourt)
    -drive more rather than shoot 3s. He's better at driving, finishing and dishing than he is at shooting 3s.
    -get in better shape so he isn't gassed at the end of series.
    -commit to more effort on d including fighting over picks sometimes.

He has the talent to do it imo.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think he is referring to PEDs and blood/urine transfusions. Good idea, man.

Harrisment and Spacemoth like this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man shut the **** up. I'm not listening to a word these clowns will spew all off season. Morey,Harden, MDA they love to talk and not back **** up

J.R., Falcao, MiddleMan and 1 other person like this.
  6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So, no Run It Back, Again??? :oops:

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Welcome Kevin durant

8. Mr Chuck Norris

farieds personal reasons for missing game 5 it had to be a reason.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look - Harden controls the team, he is the one walking it up the court dribbling for 20 seconds, he is the one with lazy passes, or trying to be fancy.

If he wanted to play differently he would, no one would stop him.

MDA wants to RUN the ball up and get a shot in under 7 seconds......that is not what Harden is doing.

The team is controlled by James Harden.

DD

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If he does happen to pass it off he just stands around. Very frustrating.

bmelo likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy

What was the supposed confession that Curry revealed? I heard it, but couldn't understand what the actual sentiment from harden was supposed to be.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That supposedly he doesn't like iso ball

likestohypeguy likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good. I hope he did. Screw MDA. He willingly kept playing Capela and Green despite obviously being the most detrimental aspects of the team. It’s like Bickerstaff continuing to play Brewer back in 2016.

Just brainless coaching and I’m sure Harden/Paul/Tucker/Gordon were pissed off about it.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

“I know what we need to do” translation? Wait til the Warriors are broken up because I’m not good enough to rise to the occasion.

Sorry James that is a pile of horseshit.

MiddleMan and ilovehtownbb like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our team was understaffed in the talent department. Harden isn't the one lacking talent or drive.

Only team wins. Only two teams make it to the finals. Being better than all of those other teams doesn't mean your team sucks and needs to give up. It means you have to keep tinkering until you get it right.

The CP3 isn't elite anymore at his age. He's good and doesn't let the pressure get to him to the point where he folds. But he can't carry the team for more than a spurt. That leaves us with only one all-star. Are supposedly third best player didn't show up to the series. Tucker is a solid role player but he is only one. Rivers did well at times.

But we were playing a team with several all-stars, and a whole group of solid role players. The best team won.

Their talent, our lack of talent, our role players not showing up, CP3 being old and what he is are why we lost. None of those things are Harden's fault. Houston is lucky to have him to build around. The main things we need are another star and CP3 to accept a spark-plug/veteran leader role with the team to work with our new star.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Narrator: James Harden does not know what we need to do.

I love Harden. We absolutely should continue to build around him. But his confidence is reflexive. It doesn't reflect any special insight.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hire Kobe Bryant as head coach

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I honestly think James Harden wants to shoot midrange more and do some post up moves.

Daryl Morey is the main culprit of never understanding the playoffs

There are spots on the floor for Playoff Basketball

Post Up
    Midrange
    3 Pointers
    Layups
    Assists
    Rebounds
    Steals

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

Yeah me too.