1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: I know exactly what we need to do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

against actual contenders, no it’s not possible...it’s possible for Curry tho who only showed up for 3 quarters all series

actually, they do mean a damn thing...Harden played very well in this series, that’s a fact...and no, the only inconsequential point he scored was that final 3...all his other points came when we were up or it was a 1 or 2 possession game so try again...like I said, we are killing him because he didn’t drop 20 in the 4th instead of 12

GS has more talent than us, period...they also have the coaching advantage...their role players step up in big moments and make big plays...can’t say the same for most of ours

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden is just not that smart, his answers are always that he needs to look at the tape and he's not sure why this or that happened like not shooting enough in game 5.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

the sad part of this is Harden HAS a post game, and it was his most effective weapon from 2012-13 till about midway through 14-15. He just refuses to use it.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Analytics say best shots are layups, FTs, and threes...so there you go.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Don't give a **** about what analytics have to say when we've been used to mop the floor up for the last 4 seasons using the "Layups and 3's" Moreyball bullsh!t.

lw17 and Bearded13 like this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I never argued that he didn’t play well in the series. That’s where you shifted the argument. I also never argued that the have more talent than us overall. That’s where you shifted the argument. Looking at hardens box scores doesn’t take in to account AT ALL that he wilts in big moments late in close games. The bulk of his points in tonight’s 4th didn’t come until gs had taken the lead. THAT MATTERS. A box score can’t show you this.

You cannot put all the blame on our role players. Were they as good as gs’s Tonight no. But the fact remains that the game was extremely close late in the fourth. These are the times when marque players take over and do the bulk of the work. Curry did that. Harden becomes less aggressive than he was at earlier points in the game. It’s undeniable and inexcusable.

everyday eddie and Vivi like this.
  7. Mr. Space City

Fixed ;)

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

the difference here is Kawhi literally fell into our lap with that pick and everybody including their Grandmother for those 5 minutes thought for sure we were taking Kawhi. I thought we were taking Kawhi, he fit nice at the time. His shot was a work in progress but his form has always been solid.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree.

I think we've taken this moreyball crap too far. Games aren't played on chalkboards.

There were moments where the Warriors were bricking and cold where a few easy 2 pointers would have kept the scoreboard moving.

Hakeemtheking, lw17 and BigggReddd like this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Harden is his own animal, two fat white boys can't tell the money-maker what to do in his own home.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This has always been Morey's biggest draft blunder.

No Hindsight, I was here on the board when we picked Morris...everyone here wanted Kawhi. It was a pretty obvious decision...but again...Moreball, stretch the floor. Gotta get that stretch four...

BigggReddd likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Yup. I was a lurker for quite a while before making an account, but I do remember the next day scrolling through clutchfans reading people asking why we didn't pick Kawhi. And I had the same exact question. I couldn't tell you that I knew he was going to be a superstar, or even an allstar because I'd be lying. But I thought for sure he'd be a solid piece going forward.

13. Buck Turgidson

Good thing there's plenty of time for that. Again.

lw17 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Everyone though coming into the league that he'd immediately be a useful player because of his defense, no one knew he could shoot though.

Thing is Morey has been searching for a starting level stretch four for a while now. MARCUS Morris wasn't a bad prospect, he's certainly had himself a nice career...but yeah, Morey has desperately been trying to get one and overpaid Ryno just to fill his dreams of having the perfect stretch four. Should have tried to nab Porzingis...

So now enters MDA...MDA never really cared for bigs and MDA is more than happy to just play a SF at the four spot, Tucker...Ariza...before then Marion...MDA is the perfect coach for Moreyball

I feel like if we weren't so obsessed on threes threes threes Kawhi gets drafted there but at the time the knock on Kawhi was...can't shoot...so that means can't be a rocket.

BigggReddd likes this.
  15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm currently on the fence of wanting to totally clean the house of all names in the front office and the roster with the exception of Harden and PJ and retooling from there. When you think about it critically and with a neutral stance, Morey seems to have done far more harm than good.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

my argument from the jump was that he does not have the talent necessary to win a title...that Harden plus a bunch of role players like it’s been for the majority of his time here is not enough...I didn’t shift anything

it was only a 5 point game heading into the 4th so miss me with that...9 of his 12 points came when we had the lead or it was a 1 or 2 possession game...he scored the basket that brought us within 3 with less than a minute left...like I said, I guess he should’ve dropped 20 in the 4th instead...

u can’t put all the blame on Harden, especially when he was the best or 2nd best player in this entire series...

congrats to Curry for showing up for 3 out of the 25 quarters that were played...I wish Harden could play like straight trash for the 1st 4 game of a series and most of game 5, and then go scoreless in the 1st half of game 6, but still win the series...such a luxury to be playing on a stacked team...something Harden never has

RichieBanks likes this.
  17. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Wow lots of panic sellers in this thread...

18. Buck Turgidson

You're not wrong, and that's who I wanted instead of either boring Morris (who I watched too much of at Kansas)...

but if they draft Kawhi, does the Harden trade ever happen? Butterfly effect and all...what if the Spurs trade for James, etc...?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If what SAS says is true, that Fertitta said Morey/MDA are tied at the hip...honestly I wouldn't be mad about it.

Not much we can do here going forward. CP3 and Capela have terrible contracts. Forget big name guys like Butler, we won't even be able to get role players like Randle, Mirotic, Bogdanovic...all guys I think that could help the Rockets out. I mean if Durant goes to the Knicks it at least opens the west back up but I don't see how we improve. Don't even have draft picks.

Being rational about it, I think this group gets one more go, a few minor adds. Hopefully we fill out our bench more and hopefully Durant goes to the Knicks. If he doesn't then we are screwed and should blow it up because we're never getting past that team.

Portland and Denver don't really scare me that much moving forward. The Clippers scare me more than those two teams moving forward. Portland is as good as they are going to get too. Same for the Thunder. The East is probably going to be the more competitive conference if Durant goes there. That's about the only hope we have...and oh how easier we would have made that decision if we eliminated them.

#159 JayGoogle, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    everyday eddie and BigggReddd like this.
  20. rockets13champs

Harden gonna cry in parking lot and call KD