1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Wtf is this ****!

2. amaru

amaru Member

The reason Pat Bev and Harrell are looking so good is because they are well coached in L.A. The Rockets, on the other hand, are not well coached.

AuburnRocket and roslolian like this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Capela mentally soft in big game.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Those players chose to sign with other teams.

Let’s be honest though, Mike wouldn’t have played them anyway lol

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

One thing was settled. Last year's team was slightly better than this year's. But, it choked a little bit harder with the 0 - 27 3 point streak. And, CP3 might have made a difference. But, I still balk when I hear claims that we definitely would have won if CP3 played in game 6 / 7. There is no way that was a sure thing.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No, that is silly. He just signed a new contract. Morey has done a great job overall. We would still have a 50/50 club still if is wasn't for Morey. Plus he got us Jame Harden. This is a player/coach problem. Some stuff can be worked on in the off season like Capela, but Dantoni's coaching has never been great.

roslolian and amaru like this.
  7. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

What a season. Only the best team could beat them this year. Next year will be even better.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

You're one of the more levelheaded posters here. Who would you go after to replace MDA if you were in charge?

I still wonder if Kelvin Sampson would want to come back here if it meant the coach's chair. It'd be easy to pry him out of the UH deal. All it'd take is money, I think.

10. TheresTheDagger

This organization over the past 24 seasons has lost the right to be called Clutch City.

When you're down 2-3 at home, and the opposing team has lost its best player and its 2nd best player has zero points at half and is in foul trouble, you should be up by 20.

There was a point in the 2nd quarter where for 3 straight offensive possessions, James Harden never crossed half court...like he was exhausted or something. And after the 3rd possession? Harden let Klay blow by him for an easy layup.

Right there I knew we had lost.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Yep a leader....like an actual coach lol. It’ll never happen but how great would Pop be on our sidelines.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If a Mike Budenholzer can get the Bucks to elite status, the Rockets I think can get better with a lot of trades also.

I think Eric Gordon needs to be traded for a upgrade, too inconsistent never shows up in elimination games.

Jimmy Butler I don't think is the answer, Rockets really need to find a Klay Thompson type, a real sharpshooter 6'7 SF

A real backup PG is a huge must, like Malcolm Brogdon.

Anthony Davis is a dream player to trade for.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. amaru

amaru Member

Good question. Idk who’s even available on the coaching front.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

And you know thats up to the coach to find the crux of the problem and get it resolved. Dumbtoni is just too hands off, lets the inmates run the prison all the time thats why he never wins anything.

Kobe never liked giving the ball to Shaq but he did it anyway because PJ made him realize thats the right thing to do. And Shaq hated Kobe didnt want him to close games but again PJ made him realize thats the thing to do.

We need a coach like Budenholzer who knows analytics but can also give the players direction if needed. None of this systems coach BS it just seems to me "system coach" just means somebody who doesn't know how to make adjustments. IIRC Frank Vogel is the one Morey wanted before MDA got hired. Maybe see if that dude's still available.

Little Bit and amaru like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Please let it start with getting ride of Mike lol

17. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

I have deleted every thing since the last two minutes of the game. Live streams, nba news App. Just coming over here to throw away some of my rage. Won’t check in for a while.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully the Tilman corrects Alexander’s mistakes.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not even fun to watch that garbage. Their style is lazy, let me catch my breath ball. I'm done with these overpaid chokers when it comes to crunch time. I can find much more entertaining ways to spend my time. I'll just cherish the old school days when we played with the heart of Champions and it wasn't all about show me the money for a half ass perfotrmance during playoffs. I'm done with the NBA once and for all.

Smacktle likes this.
  20. mastan

mastan Member

It's too late to figure out... you had the best chance and you choked miserably.