1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

The whole game, especially the 2nd half, had a surreal energy. KD going down had more of a devastating impact on our psyche than it did for the warriors. suddenly we were supposed to win, expected to win, and just couldn't handle the pressure. I swear, if KD had stayed in the game, we win that game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The point about a finals matchup is correct. I don't think we look good enough to beat the Bucks or Raptors...but damn, I'd like the chance.

Warriors have eliminated this team for almost 5 years in a row now...you'd think they'd have some pride.

To think if they lose this series now and KD doesn't play you know how silly the "If CP3 didn't get hurt..." excuse looks? It will **** on CP3s and Harden's and MDA's entire legacy. Morey may as well blow the team up if they lose this series.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Maybe nobody told you but this is a Houston Rockets fan forum. Go troll on reddit.

Deckard and HP3 like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You hate to say it, but that final 8 minutes had shades of Game 6 against SA written all over it. I don't understand how you go out and dominate for 91.75 games, and then do THAT in the most important quarter of your season. It's mind-boggling honestly. Still absolutely love the man, and have all the faith in the world that he's going to lead us to a championship, but there's no denying that tonight really hurt.

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

And here we go with the people blaming Harden for us losing. Harden shoots too much. Harden doesn't shoot enough. Harden should do this and Harden should do that. You couldn't make it up on this forum.

The guy gets 31 points, shoots well, gets 8 assists, gets 4 steals and 1 block.... yet people are quick to blame him. We literally do not deserve Harden.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea,Im kinda getting flashbacks to two years ago where its just Harden gassing himself out while no one else can contribute. Well at least Tucker will. Gordon(whos been great)is really inconsistent. And Clint.....man....Clint is just wow, he got abused today. I didnt see any effort from him at all on the offensive glass.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

Honestly that's when I'd like to see CP3 be more cerebral and get James the ball instead of just barring in the paint.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They still have 2 all stars who can easily get them 30 points a game. It's not the end of the world if Durant misses a few games. Now.... if Harden gets injured for us, that's a whole different story.

Vivi likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am more worried about Cp3 and Capela. Cp3 's lack of intensity is a big concern. He outmaneuvered the Warriors on a few plays using his head and a lil hustle but his game is diminished, he and James are not on the same page. They are not helping each other. Capela needs to box out and block shots and rebound

ak99999, everyday eddie and HP3 like this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

sorry not buying the harden's fault angle.

he was the only reason we were in it.

ryano2009 likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

That's the problem, he doesn't even know..just own up to not doing what it takes to win.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm pretty much done with Clint. Maybe this team is in his head, he wasn't this bad against Utah and they have better bigs.

At this point you have to throw in Faried and see if he gives you more. I'm tired of guards getting rebounds over this guy and challenging him in the post because he won't go up and dunk it, and laying the ball up with him standing right there.

He looks lost and scared.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

CP3 degrade too much.

The dude even cant get 30pts any more.

160m dollars... SMFH.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Better luck next year

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Luck is good enough.

We just cant stop choking

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I agree, he probably should've done more at the end but considering the fact he was being double teamed, his teammates should've stepped up.

Its ****ing ridiculous that the guy has to do everything for this team.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm a bit torn on this but overall i think i'm more in this field, i was disappointed in James 4th quarter, but overall he played a great game, made basically zero mistakes and like you said without him we're down 20 to start the last quarter. Should've do more in the last minutes? Sure, but other players being absolute trash for all the game, not just in the last minutes well, i'd say they were the/a bigger reason why we lost.

HP3 likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

Should’ve played Nene until his bones turned into dust.

At least he could make a shot and rebound

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am telling you this stuff looks more like WWe all the time. Their spirit is down (GS) that bench is getting shorter and shorter. I hate to keep mentioning this but notice how James took his foot off the gas when KD got hurt. This stuff is not an accident. Draymond should have been thrown out. I don't think the refs would allow Lebron James to talk to them the way Draymond does. The Media will indict Cp3 James and MDA and maybeeeeeeeee Clint tomorrow then on Friday The Rox will demolish these chumps in game 6 setting up for a finale at Oracle which we will win. Its the end of a n era for thew Warriors where they will retool in the summer and Our team is headed to the Finals you can book it.

hakeem94, Crashlanded19 and BigShasta like this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

CHOKE CITY

hakeem94 likes this.