1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House is playing a dangerous game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 8, 2019.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I was being sarcastic my man, lol.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont mind him not playing again the po's but its his first one. give him a break. he did good in the rs, and rockets didnt have much of a plan to replace ariza other than ennis. that was a dangerous move on rockets part. they really should've kept him.

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to say it but he plays and Shump sits so yes it would probably have been a loss

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shumpert was signed for defense in the playoffs
    House is not ready for the playoffs

Roc Paint, jcmoon, ak99999 and 6 others like this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously Shump showing Veteran leadership right now. House should have signed something before the playoffs because now he looks like he is going to be making bare minimum.

6. jowman

jowman Member

shump is contributing while house has been dogshit. always expected it to be the other way around. hopefully shumpert shows its not just a flash in the pan and can put up more than 1 good game as a rocket. also hoping house gets his mind right, proves to dantoni he's ready and then shows it on the court. we need all the help we can get.

ak99999, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t
    What good player ever complains about contracts in the middle of the season?
    Let me restate that
    What G league call up complains about money when called up to the league?

Morey was right to throw caution for a full evaluation

Fyreball, xiki and Vivi like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When the Rockets offered him guaranteed money he should have taken it. Playing in your first playoffs is a big enough challenge, doing so with your future on the line is quite the burden to take on.

I still like him and think he could help a lot moving forward, but his inexperience combined with the pressure is exposing him right now.

jcmoon and Denovo like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As is his hurt foot.

DD

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. Denovo

Denovo Member

To go from the G league to the NBA playoffs was way too big a step for him and for almost any player really. The game is too fast him right now and his inexperience has been exposed. He definitely shouldn’t be playing. We don’t have any room for error right now.

I still would resign him and see how much he can develop between this offseason and next postseason.

11. WarEagleRockets

Thats why I didnt see why most people were complaining about Shump playing........he's been in this situation plenty of times, he know what he's doing when he's on the court. Its real life not a 2K game.

sirbaihu, jcmoon and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Shump has been dog **** too. He has literally had one good game the entire playoffs. House had a few decent games in the last series.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Shump had a hot game last night, but even then I still prefer he does not play. His lack of attention to detail and him not switching at times really hurts us. I rather just go to a short rotation. I bet Shump will not shoot like this in game 4.

hakeem94 and RocketOrg like this.
  14. WarEagleRockets

Shump has intangibles and experience, communication is probably way more easier too.....If House isn't shooting lights out then he's useless honestly.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Shump would be fantastic if he can knock down the consistent 3. It's just theres only been a couple of games wheres he's hit more than 1 3.

House is still young and will learn. Needs a full regular season to be ready for the post season.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

House is built for the next Round; wait, Rox and he will be there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Coach made the right call. House has not been himself in huge moments neither in the playoffs not regular season. Product of his unusual career progression I think.

All good as long as we win. Shumpert played better than House has been playing.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Exactly this

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He'll probably make a little bit more than he would've had he taken the Rockets' offer. But he also cost himself hundreds of thousands with his time in the G-League, so it may wind up being a zero sum result. But there's no way he's getting a big offer from another team.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

His intangibles have not helped us until yesterday. Quite frankly I do not expect the story to repeat itself in game 4.