1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is -36 in this series.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, May 1, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Even if those extra 4 shots they hit are all in the same game?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. YaoMingsSoulja

we have no one else....

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Rockets performance with Nene on the court in the last 3 postseasons:

2016-17: 113.7 ORTG, 99.4 DRTG | +14.3 Net rating

2017-18: 113.4 ORTG, 102.2 DRTG | +11.2 Net rating

2018-19: 119.6 ORTG, 109.2 DRTG | +10.4 Net rating

hakeem94, mastan and tycoonchip like this.
  4. YaoMingsSoulja

Nene can't play 30 min per game. I was surprised that he was a DNP in g2, I think he should definitely get minutes, but he's not replacing Capela.

D-rock likes this.
  5. BreakYoSelfFool

Its not good defense, its poor execution. Clint is not setting a pick and not cutting hard to the rim. He seems to always get caught unexpected. Lost count of how many lobs he has not even attempted for which end up turnovers. He doesn't work for the lob until it is already in the air. Half the time the defender sees the lob before or at the same time he does. He should cut to the rim the second he sees his defender turn towards Harden, but he just stands in 1 spot and allows them to play center field and guard against both lob and floater. If he were to cut hard the defender would have to choose to follow him giving Harden the ability to either complete the lob or use the space vacated by the defender. I understand being hesitant to do that versus Gobert, but he should be able to score over Draymond and such consistently when getting a running head start at the rim and getting a lob from Harden.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes if the refs do their job

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

It is clear that the intensity GSW brought in the first two games and the adjustments they made got the best of the Rockets. They were willing to risk fouling out. In short they were playing to win and we were playing not to loose. I didn’t see much difference in the way they played in game 1 vs. game 2. They won by a total margin of 10 points in two games. They hustled, they grabbed rebounds, they took risks. I think that embarrassing loss to the clippers really woke them up.

BasketMAD likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

It's definitely both, good defense from GSW and Capela not adapting. Since GSW is intentionally taking away the lob, they are essentially fronting the lob by getting between Capela and Harden. Pretty hard to grab a lob when there's a player between you and the ball. The Rockets adapted near the end with running the high PNR to give Capela some space to be able to catch the ball and finish.

GSW like Utah plays bigger than us and it's showing.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

You shut up.

Clint didn't say anything wrong. He responded to a question. He wasn't talking trash.

Ok, Clint is not Hakeem. I thought we all already knew that.

I swear, some of you people are acting like children.

The players are trying their best. Sometimes the other team is just better.

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Right, but if they are 42%-from-3 caliber players, we can’t afford them on the roster in the first place.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

I would put some measures on him so he remembers that he is a freak of nature and he needs to act like one

13. dmoneybangbang

I don't mind more Nene but we aren't winning without Capela playing well.

14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

lol if Curry wasn't shooting 30% from 3, these would be blowouts. These kinds of hypotheticals are totally useless, especially if the chances of them happening are slim.

RocketDream and chadyang like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s on coaching too, need to ****ing adjust but no: stubbornness in continuing the pick and roll as if the Warriors defend it like 29 teams in the league. It’s like 0-27 threes. That’s on strategy, preparation and ability to adjust. MDA and our leaders are just not good at that.

Can they watch some tape on how Harden destroyed them in 2015 with some midrange mixed in and then also figure out how to deal with Capela?? By the way, I’m even for starting Nene who is better at posting up and can get something done.

Jake Tower, Zergling and RocketsPower like this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

It is James Harden and Chris Paul job to create passes and lobs to Clint Capela.

James and Chris have been doing a poor job creating offense. At the same time Clint just needs to be like Ben Wallace on Rebounds out jumping Draymond. The virus must have drained Clint energy.

Kenneth Faried 12 points 8-12 rebounds off the bench is really missing, his energy, hustle. Rockets are being out rebounded, out hustled, have no athletic 6'9 Forward who is around the same age as Draymond than Kenneth. Nene is too old, can't move quickly either, laterally.

I don't care about Kenneth defense, Draymond is straight punking Capela. Kenneth is really missing.

Winning 4 out 5 has to be Miracle.

Jake Tower, D-rock and Zergling like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

After the Series is over, Mike Dantoni needs to replaced, he is totally different in the playoffs. With his rotations.

6 man rotation in Game 2, really? Running the risk Chris Paul getting injured in Game 5 again, 38 minutes is ridiculous.
    Chris Paul will get worn out, tired legs in the 4th, can't shoot 3s, Harden looking worn out in the 4th, too many minutes.

Seriously Daryl needs to research and find a Gregg Popovich type of coach, who knows how to develop talent and is in the rotation come playoffs.

Credit to R.C Buford for drafting Derrick White the Spurs went 7 games as a 7 seed against a 2 seed.

Zergling and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Handles

Handles Member

Capela needs to put his big boy pants on or else we don’t stand a chance. We’re getting killed on the boards. It’s not only capela though, everyone needs to BOX OUT.

Also, we can’t be turning the ball over so much.

Boards, turnovers, and capela underperforming.

D-rock likes this.
  19. basketballholic

You know what's actually funny???

It's these jokers calling Capela a p***y and a wuss.

I want all you guys that call me a Capela hater and idiot to understand something. This is your real Capela haters and idiots.

Capela is not a p***y. HE'S PLAYING HIS BUTT OFF OUT THERE!!!!

Capela is playing with the same desire, drive, and determination he's always played at that caused him to average 16/12 or whatever on extremely high efficiency this season.

So you idiots piling on Capela right now... you're just...... you're idiots.

Capela is a gamer. He's tough. He played through sickness. He's got high character, decent work ethic, plenty of passion, etc. etc. etc. He ain't sleep walking out there.

NONE OF THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

The problem is his skillset DOES NOT WORK AGAINST THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!

It never has.

It never will.

Against the Warriors you have to spread them out, you have to make Draymond defend a spot-up shooter, and you have to be able to switch everything, while being long and strong enough to defend the post.

Those skills are simply outside of Capela's skill set.

I've stated this clearly over and over for you numbskulls. And all you say is I'm an idiot and Clint hater.

All of you guys that piled on me over my Capela take even when I tried like you know what to explain it to you IN BASKETBALL TERMS.... you guys are the idiots and haters. All of you.

You want to pretend you know about basketball?????? Anybody that really knows basketball could see this coming. They already knew what I just stated. We cannot beat the Warriors running Capela out there against the Hampton 5.

If you didn't figure that out before now or if you still haven't figured it out by now and you were convinced or are still convinced we can beat a healthy Warriors team with Capela playing top 6 minutes.... then your are a basketball idiot, plain and simple.

Now here's what's going to happen. We will likely blow out the Warriors in game 3. Why? Because the NBA and the NBA officials know they owe us one. And they don't want to give us one in game 4 when we're down 0-3. So, most likely they're going to give Harden and Paul every call in game 3, the Warriors will recognize what's happening, they'll pull their guys, and the game will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter.

When that happens a bunch of you idiots will be right back on clutchfans because Capela went off and spewing about how we're going to beat them and what an idiot I am for saying we won't beat them with Capela against the Hampton 5.

Go right ahead.... idiots.

#39 basketballholic, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Clint is sinking into the quicksand. I could ignore him not scoring due to the defense and deal with it, but he's being outrebounded by Klay "Color me Badd" Thompson REPEATEDLY. He's not showing any signs of hustle or heart. Its maddening to see GS clean up the boards for putbacks and second chance points and Capela just looking around dazed. All that money for a lob catcher. SMH.

Jake Tower and RocketsPower like this.