1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the ****ing point of Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, May 1, 2019.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lou+Beverly+Harrell laugh their ass off at CP and Rockets now.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

the dude yer calling a Lin fan joined in 2009... thats hella-foresight to join the fansite before Lin was even in the NBA...

I'm so sick of people discounting opposing views by saying the other person is just a LOF...

Otoh... yer on a Rockets website disrespecting our player...

RocketDream likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Yep CP3 did not perform to the level he needs to play in the first 2 games. now its time for him to play all out

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If he were averaging 1 TO per game we would be at least 1-1. Yes I'd like to see him be more aggressive hitting 3's and getting open from mid range, but we can live with his 18 points on 14 shots plus good defense. What we can't live with is a backcourt player averaging 4 TO's when he is not dominating the ball, not getting FT's and barely trying to create shots for himself. Harden averages 5 TO's and he handles the ball and attacks defenders more than any human on the planet.

I posted twice before this series and in the regular season about how Chris Paul does NOT look like he has another gear for the playoffs. I was assured I don't have to be worried and that he is saving himself for the Warriors. It's looking like he just doesn't have more than this. Statistics dictate he will have a big game, but his baseline is not good right now. He's also missed rotations on defense regularly and given up technical fouls unnecessarily. He would argue he's always been this emotional and aggressive during games, but we all know that he has had it more under control for the majority of his career. More emotion and less level-headed PG play is a terrible combo.

At the moment he is barely more useful to us overall than Patrick Beverley would be. I'm also tired of his body language and childish anger. There is a point where passion and competitiveness turns into an ego trip. From a psychological stand point, he is clearly feeling insecure about what he perceives to be a possible decline in his game. He needs to get his swag up and enjoy going at the Warriors. He doesn't seem to appreciate the opportunity to be here. He started the series looking like someone owes him something. He ain't earned **** this season.

He should be preparing to have the 4-5 best games of his life. Protect the ball and take 3's with conviction. That's all he has to improve on.

5. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Aaron Brooks showed us that..

6. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

That's was the heart an grit...

bballjunkie likes this.
  7. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

There is nothing wrong with CP3, he just needs to demand the ball a bit more and run the offense more when Harden is out there. Right now Harden is isoing everything which obvious does not work in the postseason l.

This has to do with the coaching tbh, Mike needs to properly coach the team.

I would also like to see more Green out there.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Exactly. Paul is turning it over way to much which something extremely foreign for him. He has always been impeccable with the ball but he is for some reason being careless.

I do feel he will eventually bounce back but it’ll have o be game 3 if we still have any hope.

Mathloom likes this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Iso ballhog system doesnt utilize second playmaker. Matter of fact it only utilizes one lob threat and 3 stand still shooters. We would be better off playing with Danny Green than CP in this system. Why are we so stubborn and force something thats not utilizing our guys...

10. Caprah

Caprah Member

Paul looks slow with the bal, can’t shoot and turns it over faster then a Fatman at a buffet bar.

11. Caprah

Caprah Member

S
    So how do you explain his poor play when he has it? Moron trying to blame harden for Paul’s decline. Go back to ur Lin site

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

No rhythm? No confidence? What has Lin to do with that? I dont even know if Lin is NBA talent yet alone Im fan of him lol

13. rockets13champs

CP3 a year older and less aggressive offensively. I remember a year ago, he was a legit number 2 scorer for us

14. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I blame dantoni too. His carefree mentality approach to coaching gives his players a sense of entitlement. Dantoni just stands there and watch as cp3 is being complete garbage for a majority of the game, and does nothing. Occasionally subs in green or rivers, and that's about it. No timeouts, no accountability. It reflects on the players as well, by how lackadaisical he's is. And yeah that crap makes it look like he's a genius in the regular season because we get wins, but he's getting exposed right now.

15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

And why isn’t CP boxing out? It’s his fault we damn near broke a record for giving up offensive rebounds. Cp was the one missing rotations leading to wide open 3’s. CP should never defer to one of the greatest scorers in nba history. CP has also killed D House’s game and caused him to become unplayable. CP must have done something to affect Harden’s floater and 3 point percentage. He also was the reason why PJ and Clint combined for 4 points in game 1.

We really gave GS a challenge when we had had Trez, Lou, and Bev. That looked like a championship team. I can’t believe Morey would break that up. So dumb.

CP has ruined everything.

16. dwhite

dwhite Member

For who.....Iman freaking Shumpert??? This team sucks depth wise and we are now paying the price. Yet, all I ever hear is how wonderful and underrated Morey is.

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looks like a shell of his former self

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

That goes for the whole team.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Morey is so overrated on this board. He is a stat guy, not a basketball guy. His formula doesn't produce elite "teams."

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  20. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Anyone that knows basketball knows this is more than a Cp3 issue against the defending champions.

BaselineFade likes this.