1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/30/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

Honestly, I'd like to see the Rockets come out like a baseball batter that's struck out for days and just made an error in the field that cost another run: looking to absolutely murder the ball.

The Rockets have just played a bunch of games where their own performance has been well below their capability. They should be mad at themselves. Furthermore, they've been disrespected by the refs and the other team. Endangered even. I want them to come out wild, playing as physical as they can get with untamed energy and not a small bit of madness. Trying to hit the first decent pitch not out of the park but out of the damn stadium.

Now, as a baseball player, I've experienced this plenty of times, and I will be the first one to point out that this is a terrible way to legitimately bat. This is not the mindset to take into important at-bats at the end of games, because you're almost certainly striking out or doing something unimpressive during that at-bat. Your fundamentals go out the window, your patience is shot, and you're thinking myopically about fixing your own problem, and it's not going to end well, probably. You may not play your cleanest basketball in that state of mind, either.

HOWEVER, that fire burning in you IS important. That's pure motivation right there. That drives you in ways calm, rational play simply can't do. And it drives your teammates, too. You may strike out trying to kill the ball, but your teammates will notice how passionate you were about helping the team. They won't let that go to waste.

The Rockets have no fire. They consistently don't. They need it. Badly. They don't need to play this next game with even more precision and cleverness and subtlety. They need to take Draymond Green's arm off when they wrench a rebound away from him. They need to make a foul feel like a foul. They need to dunk to kill. They need to downright scare the Warriors. They need that inner fire more than they need this win. And if what happened last year and last game doesn't spark it, I don't know what will.

Don't go beat them, James, Chris, Clint, and company. Kill them.

Deckard, Voltik, heypartner and 5 others like this.
  2. Kyotou

Kyotou Member

Really there is no other way for harden to land with his full weight on those jump shots. If he does, he would roll his ankle because they are not giving him the space to land straight down. It’s better to fall on your butt to break your fall than land on Clay or Green’s foot with the full weight of his body.

heypartner and jboslett like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Avoid Nba reddit, please. there are some cancerous attacks on Harden. U think u find chowderz annoying imagine a sht ton of him there

4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

who is game 2 ref?

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This is how I feel . A win is almost* irrelevant.

I would feel just as satisfied if we dealt a serious injury to one of their better players .

I know this is bad , and violent . But those assholes make me feel this way . I have a feeling that a lot of rockets fans are near their breaking point . I can't stand to watch these divas get their way again .... something needs to change something HAS to change .

Maybe the world just isn't fair and the golden boys can continue to walk down the path the nba carves out so nicely for them . But , I say we go down swinging .

I'd like to see nene "dive for a loose ball" right into kerr's back

6. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

Chris Paul needs to keep his emotions in check and not get ejected.

7. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

I don't understand why the Rockets don't start Gerald Green and have him put his legs under Curry or Durant and keep doing it till they get injured.

If Green picks up fouls, gets ejected or suspended in the meanwhile, oh well it's not like he's some huge loss. Harden and CP3 should tell him they'll pay for any fines he'll get because of it.

This is the ONLY way to stop this BS that the Warriors are doing on defense.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Harden needs to get his floater going. Its a great weapon but I feel like he forgot how to shoot it because of Gobert.

Go back to it James it should be your go to move and it will open up everything for you!

heypartner, HP3 and BamBam like this.
  9. TheSource

TheSource Member

If I wake up and see Scott Foster as a ref for tonight’s game I refuse to watch

desihooper and hakeem94 like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

It's time to go digital. A 4th ref only inserts additional drama. I don't think the refs are capable of making this many judgement calls at this speed. The game is still good either way, but I am for change.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm dreading this game. Not because we may lose it but because how bad the officials might be in this game.

Game 6, 7 of the last series and game 1 of this series has seriously put me off watching future playoff games. Like you reaching a breaking point where you see the Warriors get every single key decision that changes the game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I agree. It seems like he's forgot how to use it. It was deadly in the regular season. He literally missed a wide open floater in the 2nd half in game 1.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

of course, but then how would they ever manipulate the outcomes of the games?

DwangBoy likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep seems like gobert threw him out of rhytm on the floater...perhaps hell get it back as the series continues

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

There should be a review system where a team is allowed 2 review calls per quarter for things like shooting fouls.

Vivi, BigMaloe, waytookrzy079 and 3 others like this.
  17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

What I did notice in the final quarter Harden was way more aggressive attacking the rim. I hope he continues to do that in game 2.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hmmm.. that is a nice idea

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can relate to your feelings, believe me. I've always hated violent players but dang, the way our guys have refrained from just punching some of those Warriors amazes me. I bet they are boiling inside like a tea kettle ready to blow.

Tonight our guys need to fight for this win and unleash that fury on them like madmen. Rebound, rebound, pounding and fighting for each and every board. Get that ball moving, get Clint involved, look for the shots, play as a "team", and quit slowing it all down to ISO, ISO, ISO and let their defense adjust. Focus on making shots and not drawing fouls, fight to the end and never give up. Let's go Rockets!!!!

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint has been the biggest disappointment so far

I'll give him a partial pass for the jazz series , but he really needs to kick it up a notch .

Great players can contribute even if it's a bad matchup . And I don't think GS is such a bad matchup .

If green is just too strong for him Clint might have to deliver a little elbow to the back of the head while he is crashing the boards . Make donkey think twice .... or better yet cause him to lose his temper

deb4rockets likes this.