1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/28/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How that hasn't been broadcast by the Rockets day and night leading up to this series is beyond me.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

I see Capela is back to being completely useless against the Warriors. DeMarcus Cousins going down with an injury is the worst thing that could've happened since they won't be playing any centers that Capela can abuse. Bogut played just 5 minutes.

We have to go back to the Tuckwagon lineup that was successful last year. We're going to suck at rebounding but guess what? We're not much better when Clint is on the court.

Tucker, House, Gordon, Harden, Paul is what I'd go with

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Think about this, the Worriers win by 4 points, which was aided in part by 3 technical fouls on CP3 and Dantoni. If the officiating wasn’t so horrible they never get techs and the Rockets get at least double digit more free throws. The Rockets probably should’ve won this game by 10+ points. Basically, the refs decided this game from the get-go and it was always going to be a GS win. This game was the poster child for why the NBA is rigged.

4. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Totally agree. I don’t see Capela being effective in this series.

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

You sure about that? This is now front page news...

6. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

It's really hard to think otherwise right now. The NBA and the refs had a long time to think about how to officiate the matchup. This is what they came up with? Makes me think the NBA is pwned. Notice I didn't say 'rigged' but said 'pwned.' Think about that Silver.

DeadGato, snowconeman22 and Plowman like this.
  7. gogispade

gogispade Member

Post game interview.. Harden looks down

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Not the first time for that either.

9. farhen

farhen Member

rivers over house. Hassle and toughness can't beat that

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Refs were horrible. Both ways, but they made more destruction to our team. With that being said we ain't winning jack with everyone else besides Harden CP EG playing subpar. Capela and Tucker combined for 4 points? Are you kidding me? Outrebounded by 12 against team with Bogut playing 5 min? That's some serious issuses that we can control. We played like **** mostly... We could've steal this game too if it wasn't for refs but we got to start with our issues. Warriors look mad vulnerable. Let's steal one away and handle business home

deb4rockets and waytookrzy079 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I FEEL JUSTIFIED
    Cause I am amongst the selected few, if not the only one who considered rockets last years LEGIT NBA CHAMPS.

deb4rockets and waytookrzy079 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stop the nonsense..... when refs add you 93 points every damn series you gotta be on another level

snowconeman22 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is the GOAT in my Book
    no other player in history singlehandedly beats team consisting of 5 allstars, 2 mvps

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

respect man but klay was more blatant and egregious than that first foul in NY...like A LOT more

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

pippendagimp and Jake Tower like this.
  16. Voltik

Voltik Member

It wouldn’t have meant as much at that time, probably during the summer. This previous game, most of the media was astounded at the officiating so it was a better time to bring it out. Even then it will get overlooked since there is about 1 off day between games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what if morey does the talkshow circuit today :D

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I don’t think it’ll be overlooked this time. It was one of the few times I actually watched SportsCenter last night. They talked about it quite a bit - that those were legit fouls - minus the last shot of the game. Refs also admitted to D’Antoni and Harden at halftime that they missed the call.

Especially now that the report is out from last season’s series - no way this gets overlooked now.

I won’t hold my breath for different officiating results next game tho.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Voltik

Voltik Member

Yeah hope he goes all out but before the fine that he is destined to receive, so it doesn’t result in multiple fines or him not willing to receive another fine.

This is much worse than the Saints game but less impactful overall, but maybe approaching it in a similar way now that the media is finally acknowledging it.

I don’t get how that many fouls were blatantly missed in a hyped up series with the refs acknowledging it at the half, but continue to not call it in the 2nd half. The NBA, maybe with Warriors complaints before this series, definitely had a plan not to call it since it was consistent in the game.

20. basketballholic

Bingo. Instead of b****ing, create the same play the other way and challenge ther officials to call it both ways. We should have picked a Curry 3-ball to close out and drop him. Should have done it after the second no-call after having a reasonable, controlled discussion with the officials about it. Then if they call you and don't call the Warriors you have better basis for bias with the league office.

You never know. They may have let those close outs go both ways and then Kerr and Green end up with a tech plus an extra missed 3-ball or two.

Our approach to bias officiating is ineffective and even detrimental to our success.

BigShasta likes this.