1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm -this- close to saying F the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My bad, I meant the Curry tweet. Respect to Gobert for having the balls to call out the inconsistency.

2. dischead

dischead Member

I already did last year when the f'd us over in game 7. Yeah we missed a ton of three's but if they called the fouls on Harden we still could of won.

Also the advertising on the jerseys in the nail in the coffin for me. It's all about $$$, If they think they can get more money from Warriors winning, Warriors will win.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am skipping this series. See you next season?

4. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

I’m right there with you. NFL isn’t much better at all but it’s the only other sport I watch. Being a Dolphins fan doesn’t make it any easier anyway since they suck. At least The Rockets are a contender which makes this rigged **** that much more infuriating.

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

5000 GARM posts later..........

THIS time I'm done!!!!!!!

Quit lyin'.

daywalker02 and ramotadab like this.
  6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That was near my exact same thinking during the in-season gsw game where Durant got the steal while out of bounds. Then James pulls the miracle 3 then I'm reeled back in. They're good enough to give me hope despite the screwjobs.

Voltik, Gray_Jay, JW86 and 1 other person like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bricking tons of long range shots is tough to watch, I am still watching.

I am all for abolishing 90 percent of refereeing and all Free throws. Let us revolutionize this.
    Never liked FTs and it slows down the flow.

If you hurt someone bad, automatic ejection.

Harden and other stars have to resort to other means to score than drawing fouls.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is the only team I follow with passion. It happens to play in a league that appears to be led by corrupt leadership at the top, the blatant corruption of the Association that often goes all the way down to the refs that do the most important games, as we saw today. If this continues through this series to insure Silver gets the team he clearly wants to play for the title? Chris Paul is president of the Players Association. I would call a meeting of the leadership and seriously discuss demanding Silver step down and the worst officials fired by boycotting next season until that happens.

Of course, that’s just me.

9. rockets13champs

As a life long rocket fan for almost 25 years I’ve seen it all. But draymond is not wrong here. If we wanna be the most elite we need to think like them. The farther u advance the more your going to complain about reffing. There is NEVER a close game where reffing isn’t questionable the only thing to stop the refs is making the shots. We cannot always complain about the refs. Sometimes you can’t do anything about a bad call, u just gotta play thru it. It’s part of the game. Refs missed calls on both sides. Don’t act like harden and Paul don’t flop and try to sell calls. When players tend to sell calls a lot most refs won’t call it when u actually get fouled. Draymond is right reffing isn’t an exact science

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

11. LUK3

LUK3 Member

i hate basketball.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stars have been over reliant on calls from the refs.......so it seemed refs control big part of games.

You have to get away from this.

By either stop creating superstars or limiting ref calls in games. I think fans would prefer latter.

People said MLB and NFL are different, well, I dun watch them enough.

But I know their score is vastly lower than NBA score.

If you have that many possessions to score, at least 60-80 field goal attempts a game, there is more controversial stuff to happen.

#32 daywalker02, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Donkey and Klay laughed like this last year around the basket during the game knowing Games 6&7 were rigged for them. That's why he's laughing. Calls both ways my azz. More than 20 point difference in Game 7 and the game this year. Go run back and tell me what game plan accounts for you spotting the other team 20+ points at the start of every game. This will lead to players getting hurt on BOTH teams. Rockets are not going to go silently. I hope the NBA likes what they get in the end.

14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

**** tha NBA I'm done, I will continue to support the Rocket's best way I can though. WAY to much **** in my life as it is.

15. sungjina

sungjina Member

It's absolutely disgusting. I don't even know why I bother watching sometimes.

The NBA is like a cult. Dare to speak out and you are silenced with a fine. Even Gobert, who has nothing to do with this and is just calling it like it is, will most likely get done. This league rivals the WWE in scripted entertainment.

Miami_Rockets and bballjunkie like this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The refs literally went to MDA and Harden at half and admitted 3-4 bad no-calls on those close outs. That isn’t one or two calls or guys flopping; that’s literally points off the board and quite a few of them. In a game between two high-quality teams, 2-3 points might make a difference...this is probably 8-12 points if not more because of adjustments that had to be made.

Sorry, not buying Draymond’s reasoning on this one. He certainly didn’t have a problem crying and whining and everything else after getting ejected from the Finals 3 years ago. All he’s doing is trolling the Rockets and hoping to get a mental edge by triggering the Rockets into doing something stupid.

If the table’s has been turned in this one, you can guarantee that Draymond would have been acting crazy and the entire Dubs team would have been pointing at the refs as they did in Minnesota not too long ago.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Game of Zones and Game of Crazies.

18. smp

smp Member

Yeah. Same here. The NBA ruined the game for me last year in the playoffs. It will never be the same.

Tonight I quit watching after the 3rd quarter and set the DVR. If we would have won I would watch the rest of it. Otherwise no point. I’m not wasting my time on rigged games vs GS anymore.

A team of 4 allstars and rigged referees isn’t fun to watch.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

No lie. After WCF and this ****, I'm on the edge. Poor officiating has knocked the NBA down to 3rd in my book and they're about to be out of it. My time is pretty precious as it is. It's like Ant Man said in Avengers: Endgame

They even LOOK like bad guys

I'll still have to take stock even if we can pull this out and still win the championship.

My only hope is that Tilman puts the hit on these scumbags.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

BS BS BS

I watched the Kings vs Lakers series again from the Webber O’Neal Kobe days. It’s just as sickening now as it was then.

BS It’s awful to see someone try so hard and not get a fair shake.

CCity Zero and rockets13champs like this.