1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/20/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is the kind of win championship teams win!

Remember guys, there is no such a thing as losing pretty.

Get the brooms ready cause we took their best shot (including the refs) and survived.

BigShasta, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clint can barely open his eyes in this post game show. It's amazing he can see anything and catch lobs. What the hell happened to his eyes!? I forgot it was 420 yesterday. Did Clint partake in the festivities?

ak99999, hakeem94, jcf and 1 other person like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I've grown to accept and love Gerald for who he is, a crazy player who plays horrible defense but will make big shots, at least i always know what's coming when he plays. When guys like Brewer, MCW and Shumpert came into the game i started hyperventilating.

Voltik, BigMaloe, saleem and 4 others like this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

Ok. What's up with Capela's eyes? Is he stoned for the interview?

DreamShook likes this.
  5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Most encouraging to me is that the team did pick up Jimmy when he was having a bad game....we need to play as a TEAM. There have been many,many times when I hoped for everything that someone would stand up to compliment Jmmy's scoring. Tonight the TEAM did stand up when he was having a bad night and he looked more like the player we all know.

BigShasta, hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Infection-forced bird box challenge.

Here’s hoping it clears up by next game

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  7. jcf

jcf Member

Yeah. Mitchell had more free throw attempts than Harden tonight and Harden was on the floor most of the game.

saleem likes this.
  8. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Testy win, Harden did great despite bad shooting, Gordon and Tucker are awesome, Capela should be more active on board and defending block, James could go back a little bit faster, just happy to have CP3

saleem likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Utah had the second best record since the all star break after us with the best defense and 3rd best offensive rating for a reason. They are borderline elite team at home. This was a huge win

BigShasta, hakeem94 and Roomba like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I also noted that he had an odd face when he went to the bench in the 3rd quarter and they showed him from close, looked like he was falling asleep...

DreamShook likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I forgot it was national weed day yesterday. Weed is legal in Switzerland, right? Is weed legal in Utah?

jcf likes this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I agree. The performance in the 4th, including nice defense on Mitchell, was impressive. He could have folded, but he didn't.

gifford1967 and saleem like this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Also, tip of the cap to Gerald Green. He gave us good minutes and hit some big shots.

Normally, I cringe whenever he checks into the game.

saleem, Remlap and BMoney like this.
  14. jcf

jcf Member

No idea. But his eyes are blood red. And his speech is slower than usual. I think they are celebrating the win.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clint's eyes were bloodshot BEFORE THE GAME! Rockets celebrated a win before the game started confirmation!

hakeem94, CCity Zero and jcf like this.
  16. delta69er

delta69er Member

That Jazz homecourt advantage is truly unreal. After the Snyder technical and the crowd started chanting "refs you suck", the Jazz got literally every call for the lightest touches.

The refs are human after all but hey, maybe we should start doing that at TC after crappy calls.

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

18. jcf

jcf Member

Is "polishing your bronze buddha" code?

19. Mr. Space City

Could you imagine sweeping the jazz at home? My dick getting hard just thinking about it.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The dude and the chick calling the game were beyond awful. They stunk it up, big time. The idiot b!tch never said an intelligent word the entire game. Why do we get these people? Why do we get the latest game? It worked out OK tonight, the game being late, because it had barely started when we got home from seeing Seth Myers at the Paramount Theatre (he was freakin' hilarious!). If Seth hadn't been so funny, I probably would have keeled over with a heart attack during the game. He helped my body bank some good vibes, and man, were they needed!

Voltik, luckyman76, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.