1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/20/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Well well, Mr. Mitchell...

Missed lots of freebies too.

I wonder if the Jazz fans are hating on him yet?

Harden had a bad night but contributed on defense and was a facilitator. Mitchell doesn’t have much besides scoring. That’s the difference between an all-star and a MVP

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No one cares. The narrative is to talk about James Harden. Nothing else matters.

luckyman76, D-rock and amaru like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Them making plays for washed up korver reduced a lot of anxiety I had for the first two quarters.

Their lack of offense when Mitchell is off is really doing them in

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

And the difference was harden was big in the clutch and Mitchell not so much

saleem, D-rock, Roomba and 1 other person like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I couldn't post during the game because of company spending the night watching it with us, but f**king Mauer!

F**king Mauer! :mad:

The Xanax many not work, so a couple of sleeping pills may be in my immediate future, cause I don't know if I'll be able to sleep, otherwise, I'm so freakin' pissed off. We played so badly that it should have been an easy win for Utah. Mauer and his team were so dirty and one sided that it should have been an easy win for Utah. Harden and Paul in foul trouble added to the mix and the Jazz at home? It should have been an easy win for Utah. Yet somehow, they lost. The basketball gods looked down, saw that Utah sucked, the refs sucked, and their crowd sucked and intervened. My significant other earlier today polished my special little bronze Buddha I've had for over 50 years and that may have made the difference, bless her.

Somehow, we pulled it off. Somehow, we can still sweep these infernal Jazzholes. Get the brooms ready, people.

[​IMG]

#2365 Deckard, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely...Jimmy was 3 of 6 in the 4th, 14 total points. With like 1:04 left and us up by one, he hits the 3 to put us up by 4. Admittedly, he had a bad night for 3 qtrs. BUT, he didn't quit and had a BIG hand in bringing it home in the 4th.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Halftime???

They were quitting before the first 2 minutes of 1st quarter!

Rocket River, CCity Zero and amaru like this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

????

The team that started this season in a hole isn't the same as the one that's currently 3-0 in the playoffs.

Remlap and Deckard like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

or it could’ve been like game 5 against GS where Harden shot like 5-18 and they still won

This team is much better defensively than last years?? Wow, the underrating of the 17-18 Rockets is out of hand right now.

saleem likes this.
  10. Remlap

Remlap Member

That's true.
    House sort of a non-factor, but those two 3's by Green were difference in the game

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

That salt lake?

It's your tears, Jazz fans. Delicious.

saleem, BMoney, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

Complain about the refs all night only to have the refs give you everything and you still lose on a wide open 3.

Jazz fans can eat an aids infested dick.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Can someone please post the pictures of the sad jazz fans must have been on the home feed???

D-rock likes this.
  14. SemisolidSnake

I transcribed it.

---

Michelle Margaux: Here with Austin Rivers. Austin, you guys FOUGHT for this game, and we know what the atmosphere was like here with this crowd, but what was the vibe like on the floor?
    Austin Rivers: We could barely hear each other. Uh, this crowd here, say what you want, but they bring it. This is the loudest crowd I think I've ever played in in my life. So, we just, we really just, we had to know each other's games. We communicated. We really brought it, man. The game wasn't pretty. It was an ugly game. Ya know, James didn't have his best game; we still believed in him. He made big shots down the stretch. It seemed like every single player stepped up tonight. It was a big team win for us.

MM:
    After dominating the first two games, what specifically did the Jazz show you tonight?
    AR: I think it's that they made shots. We played good defense the first two games, but a lot of it was that they just missed shots, and here they shoot the ball very well. So we're gonna have to clean up some things on defense, and then just continue to do what we're doing. We're up 3-0, so we've just gotta keep going.

MM:
    Ricky Rubio said at Jazz shoot around today that it is evident that the Rockets want it more. What kind of statement do you think you guys made tonight?
    AR: That we're, uh, (mild chuckling) A REALLY GOOD TEAM, you know what I mean? For us to be up 2-0 with all this momentum, we come in there, and we get their best shot. We got their best shot tonight, and we still handled business. And for us to get this win just says a lot about our team and our growth.

MM:
    Good job. Thank you.
    AR: Thank you. Appreciate it.

Houtho, Deuce, saleem and 13 others like this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This is why Harden is MVP; he had 3 bad shooting quarters..... but he stepped up in the 4th quarter to win us the game. I think it's a big sign of things to come for Harden in the playoffs.

saleem, dc rock, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly Giannis had a bad game too. 14 points, Blake killer him

But a wins a win

D-rock likes this.
  17. dannah

dannah Member

wow ! interesting stat, didn't even realise that

mike2k132 likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ok? Never said they were or even alluded to that. Let’s not start underrating last year’s team and act like there’s no way they would’ve pulled out a game like this. They would. Maybe u mean the 16-17 Rockets.

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with all of your post but sadly that prick Foster wasn’t on the crew today...we still have to look forward to him in the near future

D-rock and Deckard like this.
  20. stefanb

stefanb Member

He had a few weird moments like one where he threw the ball away right after he got a steal, the smiling after a 3 and losing his defender, giving up on fast break D. But maybe I'm being too hard on him. I am just shocked with the 3-20 shooting.

palmsnbananas likes this.