1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

And now they're going to magically all love each other now that the playoffs start? Nah, their internal discord is real.

Some of those guys just don't like the others. In the past few years, this was a well-oiled machine. This year's version is rusty and creaky. They still might win it all because they have the best talent by far, but we've all seen great teams crash and burn when something was affecting them in their own locker room.

RyanB and waytookrzy079 like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really good stuff here @Nook. Totally agree.

RyanB, snowconeman22 and Nook like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'll give you that one. They might be pretty tough. I can't imagine them winning, though.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think some people take a perverse pride in being the one who was "right" about how bad we are.

When we lose, they're rewarded for their "we suck" mentality.

When we win, they just keep quiet.

Remlap, jordnnnn, RyanB and 7 others like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If you think Harden lost the MVP after the OKC loss you are naive. Anything short of an 81pt game and Giannis has that award locked down.

Giannis had it locked down for a while now.

amaru, mikol13, RyanB and 6 others like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It is very disturbing that we couldn’t close it out in the 4th. We could have had a number 2 seed and possibly given Golden State in the first round.
    Instead we’re probably going to play the toughest first round opponent.

They brought a lot of Rockets fans down. Hopefully they are still as confident as ever.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I'm really interested to see how GSW will perform once adversity hits in the playoffs. Sure you can go through adversity over a long 82-game season. But now, it's the playoffs where just about every game, every possession counts.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I also think he summed up the loss very well, @Deuce. It's a really excellent post from @Nook, and better than any other I've seen on how we lost the game and what led to it. What I want to know today is, how do we overcome the mistakes we made? Mistakes we've made before during this season, as he pointed out? Can we overcome them? While we can't get back the games we lost earlier that we had in our hands and gave away, leading to last night being as important as it was, can we still get it together? I tend to be an optimist when it comes to the Rockets. Always have been, which has led numerous knocks on my optimistic head. What do you think, Deuce? Will we get to the WC Finals? I still think we can. Am I being crazy?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Just looking at the game.

The Thunder got lucky at the end of the game.

Multiple missed open shots by the Rockets and the Thunder struggling to find good looks and hitting them.

Execution is the name of the game.

Houston is the better team and will dismantle OKC quickly in the playoffs.

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Two consecutive losses to OKC after blowing up huge leads tells me OKC is executing much better than the Rockets in the pivotal 4th quarter. In other words. We ain't getting done in "winning time". While it's true that players play, I going to lay the blame on the coaching staff here.

amaru, smoothie_king and hakeem94 like this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The ball needs to be in Chris Paul's hands late in games.

He has shown in the past that when the game is on the line, he knows how to finish teams.

Spurs in GM 7, Jazz in GM5, Warriors in GM 4/5. I would much prefer him over Harden in those scenarios.

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It's about match ups and OKC can switch every thing and even if Steven Adams gets Mis match, they're quick enough with help defense!

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Totally agree with Paul controlling the games in the 4th quarter. It's up to MDA to talk to both Harden and CP3 and explain what's needed to close out games, especially in instances when the Rockets have a big lead.

Minimize the possibilities of choking goes a long way to winning these games.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Chris also needs to be out there early in 4th quarter imo, yesterday OKC had all their starting 5 on the court and we were matching up with Rivers and House with Chris on the bench until the last 4/5 minutes, meanwhile the meltdown was already underway, James was struggling, Gordon was completely lost...i just think we should have all our best players out there when the game in on the line or the moment requires it.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The rebound edge for OKC was huge especially since they got 14 more rebounds. It's tough to talk about rebounds when harden got double double as did capaela.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

We need give the damn ball to CP3 in clutch time.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah the difference in a 1point game can be as simple as the fact that PG13 played 5 more min than JH13 and broadie played a few min more than CP3. but this is just one drop in the bucket of piss for bzdelik's clusterfuk of a coaching performance last nite

Vivi likes this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Going out sad

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Hate the feeling that your seed controlled by other teams.

amaru likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lesson of this game:

When you have 3pts lead late of game, give the damn ball to CP3.

Hakeemtheking likes this.