1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the bright side of this loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

personally im mad because i want the nuggets to pay for tanking, and now that probably will not happen. obviously beating the warriors would be a monumental task while they will have a fairly easy path to the conference finals.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

This is going on the 24th season of being good, but not great since we last won anything meaningful. I'm not sure right now I can stand to read a thread about "bright sides".

How about lets ****ing win upcoming big games eh? THAT'S the bright side.

3. macan

macan Member

on a brighter note, CP3 would have fresher legs if we play worriers in the 2nd round..

bballjunkie likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bright side???

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Denovo

Denovo Member

You’re nitpicking. The fact that he didn’t see the ball is my point. House’s performance had very little impact on this game. His role isn’t big enough or defined enough for the blame to shift to him lol. That’s like blaming Green, Rivers or Nene for a loss lol.

We had the game under control up 15. It was thrown away by Gordon... a starter who forgot how to play basketball all together. I don’t even know why House is even being brought up honestly.

heypartner, hakeem94 and slothy420 like this.
  6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Our stars choked? Lol!! CP3, Harden, and Capela weren’t the problem. The lack of production from the bench and Gordon was the issue, as was our PF Tucker who scored a whopping 3 points while taking up 30 minutes of play.

I don’t know if Faried is injured but we desperately need scoring from the 4 position to win in the playoffs. We can’t win a series without sny production from Tucker unless Faried is on the floor hitting shots. It’s not enough to have Tucker on the floor for most of the game as just a defender. He hustles his ass off but the star players willl still get their points, just like tonight, and it makes it easier opponents to key on Harden when they don’t have to worry about Tucker scoring.

As for Gordon, he just needs to step up or sit on the bench. Dude is way too streaky.

7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

If we beat them they would most likely have been the 8th seed and playing the Warriors. There was no up side to this loss.

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This! Everyone healthy, we beat everyone.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

House was garbage tonight. Quit trying to find gimmick excuses for him. Why would he see the ball more when it was brick house all night

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Bricks? Ok .. so single out Rivers, Tucker, Gordon, and Harden then..

Or do you just dislike House? Lol.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

James not only missed the free throw to keep it a tie but also lost the mvp raise since we lost that game. N like I said before media is short sighted and they will remember Harden last game of the season.
    Would have been 40 point 10 rebs n 3 assist but over time prob 45 10 and 5

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

What does anyone else have to do with this. House was terrible tonight.

Funny how people have to drag others to defends their beloved when they have 0 to do with holding the actual player accountable. Hof’s are rediculous. Pure comedy when they rush to his rescue and pull every gimmick out of the hat to defend him in whatever way they can

13. Denovo

Denovo Member

And My point wasn’t that he needed the ball more. My point was that he didn’t see the ball enough for his performance to even matter as far as the outcome of the game. It’s not a gimmick it’s context. It’s 4 shots lol. It’s not like he went 0-12 in a game 7.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sure it did. 4 shots is 12 pts. That certainly can matter in a 1 pt game. What are you even talking about

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And Ego was gawd awful tonight.

DD

Denovo likes this.
  16. Denovo

Denovo Member

Think a little more rationally here lol. How impactful was House’s 0-4 shooting? One shot a quarter? We had a 15 point lead.

His performance wasn’t “terrible” or “garbage” that’s a gross exaggeration. His performance was very irrelevant to this game. If anything he was just a longer body to throw at PG.

I’m not a “HOF”. I don’t know what agenda your trying to push. I’m just confused as to why he’s the scapegoat when he played such a small role.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’m thinking just fine. You just have tunnel vision which is obviously something you can’t see. How you think someone who played half the game was very irrelevant is nonsense.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

God I really wish we had reliable role players, Eric Gordon is about as reliable as Gerald Green at this point.

Chris Paul and Harden are both streaky shooters, none of the other guys can shoot on a consistent basis. This might be a short playoffs if we slump, or might be a great one if we streak. Cannot win like this.

19. HROZ

HROZ Member

Hopefully Faried is in the rotation. After this disaster.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are transparent, you are just tired of people that are fans of House and want to b**** about them. Sure go ahead.....0-4 was pretty bad, but PGeorge sure didn't shoot well on him....and he should have been in there on the last shot by George....House is a good defender.....for the most part....and is not undersized.

Not to mention he helps with our rebounding issues.

DD

Denovo likes this.