1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the bright side of this loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

Which is really the only bright side I can actually think of following this game. The refs certainly put both teams in a position for someone to get seriously injured with their "just let em play" bullshit in the first half.

If I'm Morey, I'm lighting up the League tomorrow about this on behalf of any and all teams. Morey is smarter than me, though, so he'll probably wisely say nothing so as not to invoke even more ire from the refs going into the playoffs. But, man, this is a problem. It's like a dangerous street intersection where you know someone's going to have to die before they put in a traffic light.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

EG and House are catastrophic tonight
    The free throw lost from beard stopped my heart.:(

One thing I don't understand is
    Why is it that when we have a considerable lead, our players'performance on the Court seems to tell others that our lead is a resource that can be squandered????????
    When we have a clear lead, we become as if we don't care about anything and lose focus.
    There is a Chinese proverb that when frogs are boiled in warm water, we are always killed as slowly as frogs in warm water.

heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well if we beat OKC tonight and they lose to the Bucks they might get bumped to 7th seed and we play them anyway.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol qqit I'm confused u guys do knowneither way we was gonna play okc right in the first...play it out...slot of the teams would of won or lost to make it so....do a thought process. U know spurs gonna win tomorrow..so give thunder the lost tonite. That drops them.to 8th...tonite...then all gsw have to do is just beat the clippers. Which they would have... then they drop to the 8th. N okc to 7 by tie breaker that spurs own against them. So if we was 2 we would of played them anyways

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

damn fukk the rockets for that awful 4th quarter and letting the trash ass nuggets get what they want

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

House would've seen the ball more if he was shooting well. And he made some rookie mistakes on defense that cost us a few points. I really like the guy, but this was a poor game.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

4th seed, everything to play for and we CHOKED IT AWAY - you want to know how the playoffs are going to go......this game encapsulates it.

DD

9. sheb

sheb Member

Why is everyone so mad?

4th seed means Utah in round 1
    GS in round 2 when we are well rested
    Denver in conference finals

I would take that over

Thunder
    Nuggets
    GS

chievous minniefield and smp like this.
  10. DaDakota

4th seeds don't win rings.

DD

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

That’s the volatile nature of their style of play. It was no different last year. They closed it out fine. They lost the lead but got it back. 9-10 times harden hits that free throw. George hit a tough shot. The volatility of the 3 is nothing new though. Cmon, man up and get ready for the playoffs!!!!

hakeem94 and Patience like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you're another doomsayer who's convinced we have no shot? Nice.

When do we get bounced, DD? 1st round? 2nd round?

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True, but.......no excuses for losing this game with James, CP3, Clint, and Gordon healthy. Our stars choked when it mattered most.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. Madclownpacasum

Why did the coaching staff stop using Faried in the 4? It was working then with that big man line up!! And Really? Nene over Faried??? Maybe coaching staff like being outrebounded so much

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

6th seeds do.

hakeem94, RocketWalta and rocketman84 like this.
  16. sheb

sheb Member

We weren’t going to get home court against GS anyway

We only really lose home court to Denver if we make it to the finals, but that’s doesn’t matter as we own the Nuggets home and away

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Only one of the guys you listed choked. The rest of them did what they could.

18. DaDakota

Dunno, but we will get bounced, we don't have enough composure to win a chip.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Cavs got to the finals as the 4th seed last year.

Patience likes this.
  20. DaDakota

ONE time in history....ONCE........I think the rest of the champions have all be 3rd or higher seeds.

DD