1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Frazier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 6, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Honestly, he is more trustworthy on the Lux Tax than anyone in the national media.

DD

Easy, Williamson, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Aside from Bima, Albert Nahmad and Eric Pincus on twitter are rock solid. And of course Bobby Marks.

saleem likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’m with @DaDakota wrt any Rockets situation, being the primary GoTo. He’ll either say he doesn’t know atm or be closer to 100% correct than any one else.

Was Bima the first to confirm that all of them were working with the wrong LT threshold number? Because they were all calculating Morey being $32k over ... well at least Marks was too, and I think Albert was as well. It was Bima’s passion for the Rockets (and quest to understand Morey’s thinking) that got to the bottom of it.

Mathloom and saleem like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need PF more than SF.

Tucker and House make that position talented and deep enough. Both can also play PF in certain match ups but their best position is SF.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wonder if the Wolves will give up Saric in a 3 way trade. Morey didn't have the assets for him at the trade deadline.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am glad the Rockets are "restocking the crops" with some young talent. But at the same time, keep in mind the Choizza & Frazier are *aggregatable salary* for trades in the summer. Like attach them to Eric Gordon......for say.....an opt-in and trade Jimmy Butler?

Like Morey said....."Trust the process." wait....where did that phrase originate?

[​IMG]

Vivi, D-rock, rockbox and 1 other person like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@saleem
    This is true, I was discussing the fact that the Rockets “may “ continue to skimp on finances this summer and lose House
    due to financial restrictions. The trading of Gordon for a team that can send back little to nothing would free up
    about $12 million. Enough to possibly re-sign House. I show House would be a Restricted Free Agent.....so the
    Rockets could negotiate a deal before free agency and avoid competing in an auction type scenario. Or see
    what the market sets; we saw what Ariza got last summer.

If Frazier can perform at a high level, perhaps the Rockets could shuffle money around in the hopes of moving on
    from Shump, Rivers and Gordon. If Gordon keeps shooting like he has for the last 3 weeks it’s hard to move on
    from him though. Wish he shot like this all year.....better late than never.

I’m more of a quantity over quality going with Harden/CP3 salary: a keeping Eric Gordon but losing Faried/House/GG....
    I would keep Faried/House/GG over Eric Gordon. Let Shump and Rivers walk this summer in but scenarios.

I was thinking earlier today about PF vs SF free agent. It may be the best route to go because SF options might
    be sketchy:
    SF list:
    Middleton (PO).....May not want to leave Bucks who finished with best record and was an all star**
    Bogdanvic (Pacers): I would love to see him in the Rockets system
    Ariza
    Oubre (RFA)
    Justin Holiday
    D Finley-Smith (RFA)
    Wayne Ellington
    Hezonja
    Temple
    then we get limited
    James Ennis: we saw how first go around went
    Gerald Green : how much brings GG back?

PF’s list:
    Tobias Harris
    Mirotic
    Thad Young
    Marcus Morris
    Markief Morris
    Aminu : I’m a fan of Aminu
    Harrison Barnes (PO): could play as our SF
    JaMychal Green
    DeMarre Carroll

How do you feel about JaKarr Sampson (Bulls) 3 gms:
    31 mins....23 pts/gm....8 rebs....1 ast...66 (FG%)...44% (3P%).....88% (FT%)........................4/9 (3PM/3PA).
    5/10 in 17/18 with Sac in 22 gms from 3: 50% (3P%): @saleem @D-rock

I see Gary Clark as more of a stretch-4 for the Rockets.

All-in-all I think the Rockets will be above the luxury tax next season.....i would have instructed my people
    to get us below the luxury tax this season as well, the way the season started.

saleem likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d

@saleem @D-rock
    Sorry for the previous ramble. How do you feel about JaKarr Sampson if he comes to the team cheap?
    Signing of Gerald Green/Faried/JaKarr Sampson to get us to around lux tax and then add House contract which
    would get us over the luxury tax. Possibly means we move Eric Gordon, but Frazier steps in and House/Tucker
    handle the SF spot.

JaKarr Sampson likes that pull up FT line shot. Played in 3 games only. Here he is against the 76ers squad with Embiid
    and Simmons in the footage.

Thought?

saleem likes this.
  9. saleem

I like him. Size, length, strength, quickness with confidence in his shot. He is the kind of a player that Morey should try to grab before someone else does. I would be surprised if the Bulls gave him up quickly.
    I love this video. Great work Apache!
    You should be a scout.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sampson is intriguing but prefer Aminu or Taurean Prince for this Rockets team.

Both longer and better 3 point shooters.

saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Still not ready to believe it until Woj reports it. ;)

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I noticed on drives he has a little Harden initiate contact- absorb the contact- put up a lay up- with control....of course
    small sample size. Harden would rub off on Sampson B-ball skill-wise. IMO.

Thank you saleem. See the same qualities of being a scout in you.

saleem likes this.
  13. saleem

No doubt about that, but they are harder to obtain, especially Aminu.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Bima was right …. those other sources just hadn't updated their info which I thought may have been the case to begin with.