1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis being investigated for rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BALLhog 247 365, Mar 30, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The trade wasn't that bad

iconoclastic and Nook like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is a Mavs.

That's all the evidence we need.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Because he is the type of guy that would invite a neighbor over to his apartment and then hold her down and rape her.

You are using logic.... some people do not use logic.... sometimes people hire their brother to be their agent... sometimes people do really reckless things.

malakas likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Wow..... the Mavs were DESPERATE.

The optics for the Mavericks are great.... Cuban lets his executives and low level employees play grab ass with all females in the organization. The Mavs get busted... and then trades for a dude accused of raping his neighbor.

Great job Cuban.... what is next for the Mavericks? Maybe they can let all fans with a criminal record for sexual assault get buy one and get one free beers or maybe have spousal abuse night at a home game next year.

Doncic better get on it, he has been in Dallas for almost a year and I haven’t heard of any harassment claims yet.

CometsWin, BeBreezy and Lawlruschang like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

What's the problem with him hiring his brother as his agent? The guy is an NBAPA certified agent. It is any worse than hiring some other random agent?

6. Nook

Nook Member

No idea if he raped her... but if he ever committed to paying her $68,000; then he is a damn fool.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Mavs knew and still traded for him, after going trough all that sexual assault stuff? I guess talent always wins out.

Williamson likes this.
  8. eman

eman Contributing Member

In my experience, there’s not much good happens after midnight in the big city.

CometsWin, BigShasta and Nook like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

so as a guy these days, someone at sometime years later can make something up about you (not saying its the case here --but innocent until guilty) and you are treated guilty. This can't keep continuing.

macho GRANDE and Bearded13 like this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

How do you rape someone with a torn acl?

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That’s seems really werid. I’ll wait for more info to past judgement.

Bearded13 likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You can still walk and run with a torn ACL, you just can't make elite athletic moves. Hell Rajon Rondo played finished a whole quarter without realizing he tore his. Kristaps was also seen walking around that night. He drank tequila with his friends and brothers that night as well and was reported home that whole rest of the week.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Who are his clients?

His brother. That is it.

How long has he been an agent?

Not long.

Why would hiring some random agent be a good idea either?

He could hire an established and pedigreed agent.

Usually hiring inexperienced family members to broker deals worth tens of millions of dollars isn’t a good idea.

Hopefully it works out for him.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There goes his 100 mil.

16. Major

Major Member

He did. He had a well-known and pedigreed primary agent (Andy Miller) - the brother was just working with him. Guess how well that worked out? That established agent is now under FBI investigation for bribery and fraud:

http://sportsagentblog.com/2017/12/06/nba-agent-andy-miller-gives-up-certification-amidst-fbi-probe/

So when that guy withdrew from being an agent, his brother took over full-time. You're a 20 yr old kid from Latvia that went with the proven pedigreed guy who turned out to be a criminal. What would you do next?

raining threes and Astrodome like this.
  17. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

just dont believe that story at all hours after his injury come on now lets kinda be realistic

18. Nook

Nook Member

I never would have hired Miller, he has had criminal issues for twenty years.

Further, I sure wouldn’t have hired my inexperienced brother to be my agent.

Then again I don’t invite female neighbors into my home at 2 am or supposedly agree to pay them $68,000 after being accused of rape by them.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Couldn't have happened to a 1st class organization. Start Nowitzki so they can tank some more and most importantly to the Mavs break Michael Jordan's point records. Not playing Doncic in the 4th quarter lately so they can lose some more. If the allegation is true, I wonder how long Adam Silver is going to suspend him?!?!?!?

20. Nook

Nook Member

He may be proven innocent.... if that is the case, he will get paid.

raining threes likes this.