1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors extra-salty over late calls in OT loss to T-Wolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by topfive, Mar 30, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26393907/warriors-furious-refs-ot-loss-wolves

Setting aside whether the calls were correct or not, I take issue with two things here:

1. The whole idea of the Warriors being irate about getting shafted by refs is ludicrous.

2. Many of the Warriors were acting like idiots:

* After Curry made his (admittedly amazing) 3-pointer, he and Iguodala were pointing directly at the ref who waved off KD's previous three and laughing.

* That was followed by on-court celebrating and dancing as if they'd just won the title.

* Iguodala sarcastically laughing and applauding the ref's last-second foul call that put KAT on the free-throw line to win the game.

* Post-game interviews where Kerr claimed he'd "never seen that call before" and where Curry said the game's MVP was Marat Kogut (one of the refs).

I hope the league takes some kind of action against these arrogant pricks.

I was also happy to see all of the above because it tells me that this team is over-confident and ripe to be knocked on their ass in the playoffs.

#1 topfive, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

They should have lost the game on technicals for taunting the ref in any case. Hard to feel sorry for them.

Curry and Iggy should absolutely be fined for their behavior after Curry's 3-pointer. That was out of control.

Deckard, Handles, ribbit and 15 others like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't get how anyone still thinks these guys' antics are cute, enjoyable, dismissable, forgivable, etc. They are the most annoying team in pro sports.... history?

Deckard, Handles, slothy420 and 23 others like this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

Compare those couple of questionable calls against the Wolves to the video in my sig. I think all of the Warriors would have a nervous breakdown if that happened to them. They might be the most talented team in history, but they're mentally soft (thus the blown 3-1 lead in the Finals against a far inferior team).

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I saw all that in the highlights last night and I was amazed they didn't get a tech. I've never seen anything like that, mocking the ref openly, pointing and laughing, Never seen anything quite like that.

What's worse is how they all complained about the refs and I remember when WE did it, CP3 and Harden, ESPN as a whole had discussions on whether our complaints were valid or not. Now maybe I'm not being fair since when we did it, not much was going on in the sports world and ESPN had to find something to put through their news cycle and now we have the NCAAB tourney, MLB season start, so more to talk about...

But man, this should be a bigger story in the NBA than it was.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

*remembers when Capela got a tech for dunking in a game against the Warriors*

*remembers Joey Crawford and Scott Foster handing out phantom techs to bench players on multiple occasions*

Warriors can't stop talking when they win, can't stop talking when they lose. They get all of the special treatment, all of the excuses, and all of the adoration. They are the sun and we (fans, players, refs) just revolve around them.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I said it in the other thread but i don't get why they got pissed about the foul on Towns when it's a similar contact that the one the refs called on Durant, aside that on Towns is more clear actually...and Kerr said something like "how in the hell that on KD is not basket and ft?" (and i actually think i read he said "it's a 3 and 1 everytime and/or in all the world" or something similar), now imagine what happened when they called a 3 and 1 for Harden against them -> "how in the hell that on Harden is 3 and 1?" lol

Anyway yeah, they're pathetic, Curry especially, acts like a serious man in front of cameras all the time and then you see him on the court doing things that even Dwight never did...and of course no T.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Curry stormed off the floor to the lockerroom before the game ended like an *******. He acted like he was performing a play or some ****.

9. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Curry throws mouthpiece at fan, smug AF, points at refs when he hits a big shot, storms off court = American hero and everything that is good and beautiful about the game.

Harden has a beard and shoots free throws = ultimate villain and the representation of the fact that the NBA is doomed and going to hell.

MC31B, slothy420, jcf and 15 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

The refs didn't even get anything egregiously wrong. The only play that they called incorrectly was Okogie's wierd hit/tap on Curry's ankle while he was shooting a three (that he made, so it'd have only been 1 more point anyways):

All the other calls were actually correct.

and yet the refs let them get away with this taunting crap:
    AND they continued taunting into the timeout and Curry had to be pulled back by Cousins apparently.

The Durant end-of-game foul:

The Durant "3 and 1":
    [​IMG]

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Consider how the Warriors handled a tough call and compared it to Harden. Warriors point and laugh, act like petulant children, whine, don't give their opponents credit, head to the locker room early, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is a tough call..a borderline call. A call that can definitely be justified. This is much different from a bad call.

This is an example of a bad call:

[​IMG]

Consider how Harden handled this. Durant gets away with 2 feet out of bounds in the front of the ref and assists Curry the potential game winning jumper. Harden is baffled, shrugs his shoulders, and calmly questions the ref. Instead of stewing, he channels this energy..becomes a human flamethrower and roasts the Warriors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The end.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They didn’t get a tech because Adam silver is basically in the Warriors pocket at this point. They’re the golden children, so they must be catered to.

14. jowman

jowman Member

No point complainig about these annoying cupcakes, not like we can actually get the refs to stop helping them. We need to stomp on them in the playoffs just demoralize and expose the for the crying frauds they are. I want to see their confidence completely destroyed and never recover like nick anderson. No more of these moral victories, role players gotta step up and help harden overcome the refs and their all star roster.

Winning a championship is number one, but sending these ****ers off the court crying and in disarray would be amazing. Used to think Steve Kerr was a nice guy but looks like an act, guy needs another punch in his face.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans aren’t the only ones who saw the robbery.

MC31B, SemisolidSnake, jcf and 14 others like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

That **** still makes my blood boil.

Handles, slothy420, s3ts and 10 others like this.
  17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

That 4-point play that was called off by Scott Foster is what made me a true believer of the conspiracy theories.

Handles, slothy420, s3ts and 10 others like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

triggered.. I erased that shet out of my memory

Sajan, Earnie Banks and hakeem94 like this.
  19. HookemHorns1250

Rasheed Wallace has to be watching these games and be like "I'd be kicked out of the league by acting like these guys."

clutchdabear and topfive like this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

What an entitled bunch of pricks

slothy420, s3ts, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.