1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. MD_in_Training

Did I say those phrases were war cries? Did you pass third grade reading comprehension?

What I said is that sports are basically to satisfy innate human desire for conflict and this is reflected in the typical behaviors that we see during games such as chants (war cries), jerseys, face paint etc. unfortunately a subset of people will go too far with these emotions of antagonism and use racist or other derogatory terms which are culturally or politically inappropriate.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, some guys are using their fandome to hide behind and act like jerks/douches.

3. MD_in_Training

For sure. They’re probably individuals that would have used these remarks in many situations and their outlet in this case just happened to be a sporting event.

However I do think everyone can find themselves thinking or doing things that they otherwise wouldn’t if they are placed in a high emotion situation like a competitive sport. I have found myself thinking irrationally hateful things (like I hope they get injured) towards the Warriors when we play them but I catch the thoughts and remind myself that it is just sports.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

westbrook 2
    racists/bigots 0

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

IB4 the culturally clueless ask what’s wrong with calling him boy?

7. PhiSlammaJamma

The stadium should be empty by next week.

I'd like to see the fans banned for 2 lifetimes just in case they pull some of that Jon Snow shiot.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I personally don't see an issue with it. Russ is clearly male, therefore, calling him a "boy" aligns with his gender identification.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and malakas like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Americans are only culturally sensitive when it comes to black issues (which is understandable given its history). More than 90% of people here are clueless about prejudice or saying insensitive things against many other minority groups.

sushimaster likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

Calling a black man a “boy” is extremely offensive. More evidence back up Westbrook, Mitchell, Felton and Patterson.

Despite how some people want to bury the past with revisionist history, racism was (and continues to be) ingrained in our society.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I wonder how they caught that guy from almost a year ago.

I remember when I was in college in the 90's, me and a friend snuck down to better seats late at a Rockets-Jazz game. Of course I stuck out like a sore thumb wearing a Vernon Maxwell jersey and fans let me hear it, but I remember a security guard coming up to us a little later and saying we couldn't sit there because the seats belonged to such-and-such family, season ticket holders he knew by name.

I was like, man... they know everybody here.

I wonder if they had additional video or just recognized this dude's voice lol.

Deckard and Easy like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Probably a season ticket holder.....wouldn't be hard to match up video with the seat, if they were there all the time.

Good for the Jazz FINALLY doing this.

DD

Easy and sushimaster like this.
  13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Russell must be a student of my favorite British poet, and let loose a Freudian slip:

This Be The Verse
    BY PHILIP LARKIN
    They **** you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****ed up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
    Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I agree that both fans, the husband and wife, should both be equally punished, Russell Westbrook should not have threatened to "**** them up". All three were in the wrong. No player should ever be allowed to threaten to beat up a fan Man or Woman. The fact that security at the arena stood there and even let that escalate to that point is a serious issue. From the video you can clearly see a guard standing doing nothing. This definitely has been an ongoing issue for years and the league/ ownership of the Jazz has let this go on for far too long. Both Westbrook and the fans involved should have been ejected for that sort of behavior.

15. jayland

jayland Member

The fan was assuming Westbrook’s gender identification and got it wrong like the gamestop maam incident? :p

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. solid

solid Contributing Member

The fan claims he said, "why don't you go ice your knees?" If that is true, then this is a tempest in a teapot. Is it? What Westbrook said is undisputed and absolutely inappropriate. I don't know if this incident is really what it appears to be or another hysterical overreaction.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's a dude, in a wig, and with way too tight clothes on. On the real do you know if that guy was just trolling or what?

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I was thinking this dude was trash and deserved it. I just assumed the media account would have given his side if he had one.

Then I saw this video

I can see Westbrook and his extreme ego getting worked up over him talking about icing his knees. He’s such an arrogant diva

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

?? The fan flat out admits that was just the beginning...then it escalated to "not safe for work" banter...like, oh, maybe something about getting on your knees like you're used to.