1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 3/15/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Even if Fertitta said "F It! Let's pay some tax!", could the Rockets tear up his converted, minimum contract, and give House a multi year deal with the rest of this year's MLE, and escalate it in subsequent years? I genuinely don't know.

Only way I'd think they'll keep him, if he keeps playing like this.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If House keeps playing the way he has as a Rocket, re-signing him will take priority over Rivers and Faried.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

also his deers just lost to PHX lol

adw likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

On his current play he will get a big chunk of the MLE from someone.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. SORF

SORF Member

I don't think Harden quit, he was exhausted and couldn't run it down...Harden played 41 minutes. In other words, Harden's "mind was willing, but the body wasn't".

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Related to the Ackermann reference, why'd the Rockets get rid of Joel Blank?

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Why would they do that at this point? He’s still a restricted free agent in the offseason.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. SORF

SORF Member

Yes, 35 years of attending and watching the NBA in Houston!!!!!!! Many more years elsewhere.

I don't like James Harden having 4 or more TOs...tonight he had 6. That's too many.

#768 SORF, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He did it twice too. Shump threw the ball away trying to get the ball to House and House chased down the ball causing a missed sure layup on the other end.

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Gee, i dont disagree, but you'd really like to bring them all back. They all bring great energy, and at least for Rivers when healthy, some decent D.

I'm already on the, "Fertitta should stop whining and pay tax already" side, but damn, if you could lock up House with this year's unspent money, and worry about trying to keep Faried/Rivers with next year's cash, it'd make the offseason a lot easier for Morey. (Again, Paul is the Mother of all Expirings in the same year you'd hypothetically be worried about the Repeater kicking in. I.e., you could dump him and conceivably take back up to ~9 million less money.)

D-rock likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#winningplays

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I didn’t see it that way or maybe I did. To me this is just business. I’d like to hear Tilman’s side before I react. Both seem like good dudes at this point and they’ll work it out in the offseason.

13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Without Full Bird Rights. AIUI, the Rockets could only match an offer of something like 2.8 a year. It's not the typical they can match whatever another team chooses to offer and not run afoul of the Cap. Otherwise, sure, it'd be much less of a problem.

14. don grahamleone

I try to look at it from House’s point of view too. It sucks to be that good and think that luxury tax was the problem. Ultimately I get Tilmans view. He can pay him later and make up for this savings period. If he doesn’t then I don’t get Tilman. Winning has actual value towards the franchise that we don’t see as fans but I know it’s there.

D-rock, roslolian and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. don grahamleone

That’s all on Tilman. Talking about the elephant in the room isn’t someone else’s fault.

D-rock likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Of course I want all of them back. I was simply saying that if House keeps this up, the Rockets aren’t going to let the 25-year-old answer to their starting small forward problem walk out the door.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many points did PJ score tonight? Wondering?

18. don grahamleone

I don’t see it as a burn but I do see the business being personal from both people.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Gray_Jay likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Noice!

Mr. Space City likes this.