1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Geltzeiler) Source: Tilman feverishly cutting costs in all Facets of Rockets organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Mar 13, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh I know it was. you're alot better at tolerating the chicken littles than I am for sure. They've just been attempting to become too loud and the more quality that gets thrown back around here, the better off it will be.

kubli9 and steddinotayto like this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, if this is true, you just don't tell all departments to slash budgets including the basketball apparatus in the organization. Brings back the memory of the dot com burst days.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. lalala902102001

We all know Mr. Tilman's pocket is not as deep as some of the other owners in the NBA. We can only hope that he understands that the only way he can make money (out of the Rockets franchise) in the long term is if he's willing to spend money to keep a winning product on the floor.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a lot of false narratives being propagated on this board. The false "Tilman is cheap" narrative was strongly pushed by @Carl Herrera on here, and he did the same thing when we traded Patrick Patterson back in the day. Idk if he thinks it's funny or he just hates Landry's. Seriously, the "sources" for this fraud's tweet probably have their roots in a Clutchfans meme.

BaselineFade and amaru like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe it's naive to think of it this way but I'm not sure the "cost cutting" is going to be THAT direct. It could be reduction or elimination of open positions that are currently out there. It could be a reduction of staff in certain areas. It could be scaling back operational costs. Whatever it is, I don't think it's going to be outlandish or irregular when compared to other franchises. The confusing part is that this Tweet tried to sensationalize and paint Tilman in some kind of financial trouble (for whatever reason) because he's rumored to do what ALL businesses go through. It's almost as if @Carl Herrera slipped and revealed his Twitter handle.

YallMean likes this.
  7. biff17

biff17 Member

So what are these left and right cost cutting measures?

To say every move made this year as clearly cost cutting shows a clear bias.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

The second I see the rockets waive/trade a faried, rivers, pj, etc while bringing the payroll down under the cap and bringing in a stauskas and expect to save the rockets season in their places, I'll be the first to say wtf

I certainly am not going to go on some cheap tirade because Tilman and co refused to pay LT for a knight/chriss with a worse team and start year 1 of a repeater. When the org can obviously be smart about it and have a true contender as they are now and be under.

Must be extremely disappointing to the chicken littles that the rockets don't have a Billy King

biff17 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really enjoyed this post from Will on the journalist aspect. Thank you.

Will likes this.
  10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, but reading Tilman's response. He didn't say that memo wasn't sent. It's a bit odd way of saying someone is a fraud. He just needed to say that wasn't true.

11. amaru

amaru Member

A post this logical doesn’t belong in GARM! We want to whine about cheap Tilman!

12. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

As much as it pains me to say it, the game day atmosphere for Mavs games is so much greater than the Rockets' that it can't even be quantified. The fans show up and they are loud, even though they aren't a playoff team. All because their marketing team has their **** together. Everything, not involving basketball operations, about the Rockets organization is just so boring and uninspired. From the ugly ass logo and jerseys, to the empty seats, and corridors of the Toyota Center that feel more like being in a hospital than at an NBA game. It pisses me off!

RichieBanks likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

or it could be totally false.

Depends on what you want to believe.

Should you believe one random post from this guy?

amaru likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This sounds like bullshit....

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Rockets cutting costs.
    DM signs extension.
    Kay Dee out.
    House back.

Oh, my dear Rockets... what a roller coaster of emotions ... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

silly silly Rockets

Stardog75, joshuaao and BaselineFade like this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

How do we all know that Tillman's pockets are not feel as some owners or how he ranks among NBA owners?

Please tell me what you th I k his rank is among owners and how you came about those rankings.

Do you know the liquidity of all NBA owners?

Do you know the liquidity of Tillman?

17. amaru

amaru Member

I doubt he knows anything

18. amaru

amaru Member

Replying so this rational take show up again.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tilman responding directly to that Gelzeiler tweet was pretty boss.

And thanks @Clutch for the confirmations.

lilbird20 and BigMaloe like this.
  20. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Extremely concerning for to read a random tweet or concerning he runs a tight ship...?