1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House Contract Options (I have grown to love LTS)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BreakYoSelfFool, Mar 6, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

GUYS I am sure this business will get squared away. The rockets will sign this guy because it shores up the bench scoring. You need a guy that can get a bucket or a rebound that has some length. That is going to be House. Face it we got some injuries coming our way in the playoffs. We need these support players to help the stars House is young and athletic we need this guy.

True Rocket likes this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

i dont give a damn about any of this contract BS. all i know this team is better with house, and house is better fit than an undersized shumpert who can't shoot. i just want this team to WIN at all costs. I just wish house had the same attitude. its not like anyone else offered him anything

3. BreakYoSelfFool

I don't think you should call him greedy for turning down an offer of the minimum salary. I actually think it is smart of him to wait until the offseason to negotiate a long term deal, unless he gets a great offer.

astros123 and J Sizzle like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is def greedy I mean he got cut from two previous teams what does he expect exactly? The max? Lol I can understand if he dominates GLeague scoring 50 pts a night that will definitely draw a lot of interest and he can get a big payday but he is playing like a scrub would be really surprised if he gets multiple offers in the offseason.

GLeague salary is 30k, NBA min is like 1.7M. The Rox offer is 3 years so thats like 5M total. If turning down 5M while you are making 30k because you want more isn't greedy then I dont know what is.

sirbaihu likes this.
  5. Vivid

Vivid Member

House has shown, even in a small sample size, that he can contribute on this team. Our big deadline acquisition hasn't had 5 minutes where you could say the same.
    Also, get out of here with calling a man "greedy" for negotiating his value. Not that he should care. I (along with many fellow clutchfans) have negotiated my salary multiple times in my career, each time positioning myself to better provide for my family.

Forget y'all for calling that "greedy." The companies that I've consulted for care little for my wellbeing outside of how I much I can profit them. And that's good on them! House should feel the same way and frankly do what's right by him and his family. I want House back, but have no problem with him trying to get his worth, even if it doesn't presently help the professional sports team that reside in the geographical location of my childhood. Just hope he is back for the playoffs and we are locked and loaded for a championship run.

joshuaao, Corrosion and astros123 like this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

What do you think he has done to be offered over the minimum?

Name 1 player who has parlayed what he has done into a contract above minimum.

7. biff17

biff17 Member

Why do you think he is worth more than a guy who was a rotational piece on a 65 win team?

He was offered more guaranteed money than Green how is that 50k looking to him and his family.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They can't offer him anything he is under contract to the Rockets.

DD

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

[QUOTE="Vivid, post: 12280360, member: 20093"] House has shown, even in a small sample size, that he can contribute on this team. Our big deadline acquisition hasn't had 5 minutes where you could say the same.
    Also, get out of here with calling a man "greedy" for negotiating his value. Not that he should care. I (along with many fellow clutchfans) have negotiated my salary multiple times in my career, each time positioning myself to better provide for my family.

Forget y'all for calling that "greedy." The companies that I've consulted for care little for my wellbeing outside of how I much I can profit them. And that's good on them! House should feel the same way and frankly do what's right by him and his family. I want House back, but have no problem with him trying to get his worth, even if it doesn't presently help the professional sports team that reside in the geographical location of my childhood. Just hope he is back for the playoffs and we are locked and loaded for a championship run.[/QUOTE]

but according to CF, House only played well because of james harden, and they can easily replace him/anyone can look good next to harden. We have seen time and time again that this is not the case this year alone. House is actually a good player that fits. He is valuable to US. There is nothing wrong with paying a fair price for something valuable. fukk this cheapskate front office.

ISOBall likes this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

but according to CF, House only played well because of james harden, and they can easily replace him/anyone can look good next to harden. We have seen time and time again that this is not the case this year alone. House is actually a good player that fits. He is valuable to US. There is nothing wrong with paying a fair price for something valuable. fukk this cheapskate front office.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

these life takes to the common job analogies are always a comic relief

and that "big deadline acquisition" has 7+ years of experience compared to what? oh yeah than less than an entire season still

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Heh heh "House finding his true value"
    Yeah, he found it all right.

Johnbutte likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks pretty replaced in reality. remind everyone again what the rockets record is when all of capela, cp3, harden, gordon play again. or maybe not since it doesn't fit this fake narrative of "omg the rockets absolutely need house"

people can whine and complain all they want about house. its not on the organization. they negotiated. upped their offer from a non guaranteed to fully guaranteed. he declined. that's on him alone. not on anyone else

sirbaihu likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wonder if both parties would be willing to split the difference and go 2 years at the minimum including this year. Having House at the minimum ahead of the offseason would be nice.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If I'm not mistaken. . . .
    pre-House Rockets: 9-9
    with-House Rockets: 16-9
    post-House Rockets: 16-7

with House: .640
    post-House: .696
    all-season: .621

The team has won more since House left. That's a fact. No opinions have been presented in this post.

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

**** 'em, if he doesn't wanna be part of this historic team in the making we don't need him.

lionaire and sirbaihu like this.
  17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Which is why I followed up that sentence with clarification...if he was just offered a Gary Clark-sized contract, that's just Morey and Fertitta being ultra-cheap.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude! You can def. donate money to Fertitta, up to like . . . millions of dollars! Sweet. Thank you for not being as cheap as they are.

19. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

It’s stupid.

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

nice post without any context.... "with house" was without cp3 and ego.

they have won games recently of course with their top 4 players healthy, no **** sherlock....

is shumpert producing anywhere near as much as house ? NO
    does shumpert fit both ends of the floor as well as house ? NO

why would we not want a player that clearly fits what we do better ?

we were undefeated without your darling faried as well, i guess that means we dont need him, right ? thats the kind of logic you guys are using.

in typical CF form, you all are gassed off some regular season wins and dont realize we will need everything we can get if we want to make a serious run for a title. we dont have minutes to waste on shumpert going against elite teams every night. we really need a good wing defender with some size off the bench.