1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Next 3 games will tell you.

saleem, chadyang and deb4rockets like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

OKC lost tonight, if we can get that 3rd seed and face spurs, kings or clippers in the first round, i would be a happy man

Elephant810 likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

If we win 2/3 games vs Boston/Toronto/Philly we’re in really good shape

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, those opponents sound better than Portland and OKC. Utah is scaring me too. We can't let them catch us, and I don't really want to play them either.

macan and rocketman84 like this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lose to Celtics n raptors 6seed
    Unlikely to catch jazz.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly no team scares me. The biggest obstacle for the Houston Rockets are the Houston Rockets. Was the case last year and is still the case now.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I mean, in a sense yeah, it comes down to playing great defense and making open shots. But the Rockets can still do that and lose to Golden State, and other teams too. I'm just hoping this isn't the best chance to win it all, but it may be due to giving away 2 1st round picks and the Knight contract to save money...it might be this year or bust.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

That's not going to happen - Warriors crumbling..

Us winning it all is possible - if our defense picks up.. Bucks will win the east over Toronto and will be a tough matchup for whoever faces them

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is such a drag that at the end of the day the only reason we didn't get a ring is because of the fact you mentioned. Sometimes we are going thru our own stuff I don't know if the Rockets really respect other teams to the degree the Warriors respect their competition

deb4rockets, hakeem94 and Cstyle42 like this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

So true. A lot of us inside are the Houston Rockets in the game of life as well.

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No Clippers for me. Too many ex Rockets that get all triggered when they play us

I know we would win but would not be surprised if they drag it out and play hard and dirty.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

They can win it all this year. A number of very good teams, no crazy dominant one.

Again, the #1 variable will be health, especially CP3. I believe the Rockets can tightened the screws in the playoffs and play good, solid defense. That and our high ranked offensive efficiency plus a bit of luck should do it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who knows. I mean Utah beat the Bucs last night and the Warriors aren't playing consistently great.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I know the Jazz are rolling and are a good team but I just don't think they match up well with us. OKC and Portland scare me much more. Add Denver to the list with Utah

Patience and Little Bit like this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I meant they could move up into spot 3 or 4 with the schedule they have left. We won't even play them before the playoffs start.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets probably have to finish 53-29 to wind up with the 3rd seed(maybe 2nd if Denver struggles down the stretch). And even that might not be enough depending on what Portland does. They've been on a roll lately.

cdxiong likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

I still think 3 seed is the best.
    Celtics need to sign and trade Irving next season.
    Lebron is problem for Lakers, Irving is for Celtics.

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I hope we play the best teams in all the rounds. I don't like these ESPN or Fox guys degrade our championship. I hope we get 8th seed and beat the GS Warriors in the first round. 30/30 will have have a segment of the Rockets on the ending of the Dynasty Warriors. Interviews with Michael Carter Williams, Melo, Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss, Danuel House and James Ennis. In the NFL you would want to play avoidance game unlike the Dummy Bears 2018, win against a inferior team to play against Super Bowl champion.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is true. I could see them easily sliding into 3rd. Easy schedule and they are rolling. Either way we are facing one of Utah, OKC or Portland round 1. 50/50 series.

20. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I can see Portland, OKC, Utah all finish around 52-30 record. We have to shooting for a 15-5 or 16-4 finish.