1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Bucks extend Bledsoe - 4 years, 70 million

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

amaru likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bledsoe is a nice player, nothing spectacular...I think when you are making these deals you have to ask how tradeable is the player.

Bledsoe won't have that 'potential' tag on him anymore going into his 30s so it seems a bit of a risk...but they are the best team in the NBA right now so it's hard for them to want to break up anything.

s3ts, ghettocheeze and BigShasta like this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Probably an overpay, but it’s Milwaukee...who else are you going to get come there. Might as well use it in on a guy that seems to fit and enjoys playing there.

Didn’t realize he was already 29 though.

BigMaloe, today, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

He killed LA

tinman likes this.
  5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just for context, the contract is $10 less than Ryan Anderson contract and under likely a higher salary cap. Decent deal, even if over pay, likely not by more than $5M.

ramotadab and roslolian like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

His problem has been staying on the floor.

As a 2 way player he's easily worth this if he stays healthy.

jowman, hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

I saw this as soon as I woke up and thought that I was still dreaming smh.
    Great deal and with his agent being Rich Paul it was unexpected.
    He has been the second best player of the team, and Bud has been working hard to stomp the stupid out of him. Dumbsoe has shown up much fewer times than last year.
    I thought he would have gotten about 20mil. I am happy with this.

Now got to let go Middleton and Brogdon. Absolutely NO to what they will be looking for in FA.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your team doing so great, just enjoy the ride.

malakas likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what whas it? , cant understand this part ,can you elaborate pls

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

You'd rather have Bledsoe over a Middleton? I could see that, but the Bucks need some offense if both Middleton and Brogdon are both gone, in your scenario.

Do the Bucks have the ability to throw the max at Klay, this offseason? Honestly, I could see a Bledsoe / Klay / Giannis combination terrorize the East for years to come.

malakas likes this.
  11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I hate this move.

This is the kind of move that causes teams to lose their superstar 2 years down the road because they locked up all their cap on role-players instead of chasing that 2nd superstar to go along with Antetokounmpo.

Now, the Bucks will also have to max-out Middleton, possibly Mirotic, and pay Lopez too.

We see this time and time again in the NBA.

This is why Anthony Davis wants out because the Pelicans overpaid Solomon Hill, E'Twaun Moore, and maxed out Jrue Holiday.

12. malakas

malakas Member

I can only post that here where everyone is neutral, otherwise I will be attacked by Brogdon fanboys. If he was to be paid 11-12 mil per I would be fine with that, but it seems he will be getting 15+. That to me is a borderline horrible contract not to mention I don't like his style of play in the first place. He has horrible vision and is selfish. Those good % he got, is because he only takes shots when he is sure he can make them.

I have said it before but now it's already March. Middleton can not play in Bud's system. He needs his isos with those turnaround midrange jumpers and pound the ball. It is almost time for the playoffs and there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I like him but no way he is worth the max contract he is looking for. That's a certified albatross contract.
    Yes they can pay Klay if they let go of Middleton but fat chance that Klay will want to come there.
    Bledsoe has been playing superb defence all season long and has been improving his bball iq. You can see how Bud is affecting him. But Middleton can't adjust and I don't think he will ever be able to. He looks much better on paper than reality.

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Teletovic is luxury tax free
    Projected
    Current = 87 + 16 = 103m
    Miritic 15
    Brogdon 18
    Middleton add 10
    Lopez 7
    Dump snell -11
    Roster charge 1
    Total 140 million

#13 BigBum, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The rockets just gave 40 mil to cp3 sometimes you just got to go for it.

malakas likes this.
  15. Major

Major Member

But the Pelicans weren't the best team in the NBA at the time. The other way to get your superstar to leave is to dismantle the team immediately after they've become really, really good.

Zoplicone likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

It is already too late for that. They wasted all their chances with Kidd being the GM giving away first rounders for MCWs and drafting Thon Makers.
    Now they have no more good picks to give away in trades and there is no good recruiter in the team. Not to mention that it is located in one of the least desired markets where it is freezing cold and there have been many racistic incidents.
    So what if GA leaves in two years? Let's make the ECF in the meanwhile.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

You pay the Point God, not the "Drew Bledsoe" character who got punked by Scary Terry in Boston.

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

40% of CP3 pay

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is good reasoning, but the difference with Milwaukee and New Orleans is, Milwaukee is actually a contender. New Orleans was never that.

This year is experimental - they were never supposed to be this good, as the top spots were reserved for Boston, Philly and Toronto at the start of the season. If they make the ECF or make the Finals or win the title, I can see Giannis definitely staying even if they do go on to lock down their role players and have no money for a second star.

If it was a similar perfect storm in NO, Davis would probably have stayed.

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Why extend an injury prone guy when you have Middleton to sign this summer?