1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout targets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, the Rockets do NOT want Lopez to be bought out because he would go to GS or the Lakers.

The truth is, from what I have heard in Chicago, Lopez doesn't want to lose any money and the Bulls ownership isn't going to pay someone to not work.

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

If Ariza got bought out... I think we'd have to do it, but Idk how you can justify him long-term...

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

ariza is not getting bought out

JuNx likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

One of the two Houston-area high schools I went to. :)

JVL713 and Nook like this.
  5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Maybe not, but I don't understand why he wouldn't request it... He would get to sign and maybe start with a better/contending team. All he has to do is ask for it, and most gm's of non-contending teams will want to please agents and let veterans go for some good faith in return...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what's not to understand? he wanted to get paid what he felt he deserves. he did and he's somehow supposed to want to give that money back? Now that part I don't understand based on his mo

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You still get paid in a BUYout... It just removes him from their team and cap situation, and since they aren't winning it this year it makes sense. If he knows he's going to sign for the vet minimum they can take that cost out of the buyout and save some money (like they did with Melo). Why are you trolling all of my posts right now?...

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what? you get bought out because a player agrees to take less money than what their deal is. there comes an agreement where an amount is forfeited. Did you really think a buyout meant you still get paid the exact same amount?? That would literally defeat the purpose of the whole entire concept.

trolling your posts? you're posting misinformation. don't be offended when it gets corrected

#1088 YOLO, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    malakas likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

and in revenge he will ruin their tanking. He's playing some of the best bball of his carreer the last few weeks.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

No... I did not think that...

I said: "You still get paid in a BUYout... It just removes him from their team and cap situation, and since they aren't winning it this year it makes sense. If he knows he's going to sign for the vet minimum they can take that cost out of the buyout and save some money (like they did with Melo). Why are you trolling all of my posts right now?..."

I know how a buyout works... Good gosh man...

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol no it doesn't sound like you know how it works.

like i said why in the world would ariza who left to get paid a lot more money, just decide to agree to get paid less and forfeit millions. Getting bought out before an nba season is not the same as getting bought out with a month left in the season. Sounds pretty simple but you can carry on believing what you want

12. Nook

Nook Member

The Bulls are stupid.

They have a coach TRYING to win and a President and owner that loves "the effort".

That organization is just bad.

Smacktle, malakas, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

The Bulls do not want to pay players to go home.

14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

It is almost Knickerbocker level at this juncture.

xiki likes this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Is anyone else hoping that no other big names are bought out?

A) it clears space for us to sign House long term immediately.
    B) It lessens the chance that GSW improves. They seem to be more vulnerable than normal even if it's just the regular season.
    C) It stops us from enduring more heartbreak when a player we overrate chooses the Thunder to be their 15th man.

#1095 treyk3, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Smacktle, fattz and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL. Truth!

Smacktle and treyk3 like this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao yea I just read u guys back n forth
    That guy is clueless how buy outs work lmao. Note never listen to that guy lol.

Ok now from a opinion from a guy that actually watches n follows basket to answer ur question.

The reason why ariza wont ask is not because he doesnt want to. It's because Washington would have no incentive to buy him out. They like ariza then they traded to get him. It would be counterproductive to but him our. They still wanna compete. N ariza ainr the type to pout so it's no blow back.

Ir would really just have to be a solid by Washington since like I said they gave up assets to get him...cause the really like him

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i know you're known for countless grammatical errors in your posts but by "that guy" sure hope you mean't the person you replied to. If not, then you would be in the same boat he's in

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If I’m not mistaken each player buyout is negotiated. A player/team can decide on the amount to buyout the contract. If the player still wants all his money due he can accept a buyout at his full amount less whatever team pays to pick him up. But if that player really wants out and the team isn’t inclined to do said player/agent any favors the player can agree to take less in order to move on to another team.

So I think Ariza in this argument could still get all his money if his team agrees to just do him/his agent a solid and to let him play for a contender.

Lots of teams do it and its why the buyout market is intriguing to Morey. Teams let players go because they’re going to have to pay them anyway and good enough players usually don’t fit the tanking approach to their team.

Just my understanding to add clarity /or more confusion

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is where getting bought out at the beginning of a season which was melo's case and ariza getting bought out now with a month left in the season is different. ariza likely isn't going to make up the difference of giving up millions in that time span. and again he left with a priority to get those millions extra