1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, I didn't miss seeing it. I just figured I would hear a short synopsis on fox news. The last one I heard was that turley doesn't think there was collusion because "If you were a KGB spymaster, would you really collude with Donald Trump and put yourself one tweet away from destruction, on perhaps the most secret operation in its recent history?". As compelling as that argument is...

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is the beauty of twiiter. Having a detailed opinion is hard to fit in a 140 character message.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my point to @NewRoxFan was not about the merits of either man's arguments but rather about the widespread tendency of some folks here to question the credibility of posters' sources in ad hominem fashion. I don't really care about either of these guys' arguments in this particular case. To me it seemed @NewRoxFan was committing an Argumentum ad Tribeium fallacy

#6703 Os Trigonum, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Oh I understand.

While I agree that not all sources are equal, my point was more in response to what actually is or isn't likely true from a procedure stand point. I don't even know who the person he cited is. I know who Dershowitz is because at one time he was a credible constitutional attorney and I have met him a number of times over the last 20 years. For all his absurdity, Dershowitz is quite bright.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The reason I heard on TV I believe from someone associated with the NY AG office is that there’s no reason to spend tax payer dollars on resources to bring state charges if he’s already spending the rest of his life in prison on fed charges.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's usually the case with the typical criminal stuff and it makes sense. But here you are talking about a traitor that you're afraid will be pardoned at the federal level by the President. So why take chances? Are budgetary concerns really more important?

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think any objective person would come out and say Dersh is a bad attorney. Getting OJ the verdict he got was quite a difficult task for any lawyer to pull off. He knows his way around the law.

Where a "according to Dersh" quote here or on Twitter falls short is in regards to his opinion on the Trump/GOP/Russia matter given his own personal compromised role in the matter even from 2 or 3 degrees away... (per his relationship with Jeff Epstein). That makes him a bias legal opinion and he's going to maneuver where he can to give the most favorable legal view possible.

What is obvious and should be noted is Dershowitz's need for Trump investigations to not be in a position to affect him which they almost certainly are leading to with the Epstein connection to Trump which leads to Dersh.

But I do think his opinion should be taken note of because its typically the best legal defense of Trump... which doesn't say alot about Trump defense in pretty much anything.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So the news released in advance of Michael Cohen's testimony to the TDS afflicted House Democrats is that he has today been officially disbarred from the New York Bar

Michael Cohen has been disbarred

President Trump’s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen has been disbarred.

The decision, which follows his felony conviction for lying under oath, was announced in documents released Tuesday by Manhattan’s Appellate Division, First Department and the Attorney Grievance Committee.

Cohen could not be immediately reached for comment.​

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pretty predictable and not really relevant.

No Worries likes this.
  11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I assumed that happened as soon as he was convicted. But thanks for the heads up Sparty.

12. NewRoxFan

So, I guess he can't be trump's personal lawyer any longer?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, Mueller still hard at work...

No Worries likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lol, let enter this tweet I just received.

15. NewRoxFan

I know this was a popular trump defender talking point... shot down.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. mick fry

mick fry Member

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

Nice job playing into Jewish stereotypes with the large nose..... the son of a Holocaust survivor, but cannot escape all of it I guess.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

More like the Pinocchio stereotypes. But virtue signalling bonus points to you for invoking the race card when there was no legitimate basis for doing so.

20. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

Yea, the two noses are so similar. :rolleyes: Face it, your cartoonist has a bit of bigotry showing the Jew with the big nose.