1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 2/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Well...that was a boring win. Boring in the sense that I think I wouldn't have minded just watching the highlights instead of the game. The Rockets let the Hawks play a little too comfortably but the disparity in talent and experience was too great, I think.

Good to see CP3 looking like the superstar of last season. 8-1 Assist to Turnover ratio is insane. And Faried hit another 3! His game is expanding in front of our eyes, and I hope he can keep it up.

James Harden had a chance to go for the streak in the face of all sportsmanship...and he refused. A fitting way to end an epic run. It's a blank slate now. No more streak, team is healthy. I hope to see the Rockets play future games with a little more focus than this one, but I doubt James will have a 0-11 night the rest of the season. I'm sure his neck was bothering him but I expect to see him back to normal next game.

The Hornets are next, and despite them having Kemba Walker I still believe the Rockets should get the easy W.

alethios, delta69er and BigShasta like this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Now we can forget about the 30-point streak and go for a the WINNING streak.

If Harden really wants to get back into MVP contention, he needs to lead to a head-turning winning streak that shows the 65-17 team of last year is still in there.

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

EPIC RUN JAMES, EPIC.

[​IMG]

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Good time to nitpick Harden's game when 99% of players wouldn't have played because of the injury.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If our own fans are actively rooting and celebrating that Harden's streak ended, what makes you think anything special Harden has done will get any respect from the casuals beside winning a ring? disgusting.

All these posters acting like harden was ball hoggin his way and screwing over the Rockets to extend his streak.

What is our overall record on this 32 game streak?

7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

All the Clutchfans whiners and crybabies throwing shade at Harden right now for the streak, remember he is the only reason the Rockets are still in the playoff picture in the brutal Western Conference.

Harden was balling out of his mind in December and January to keep the Rockets competetive and he deserves our absolute respect and admiration for what he has accomplished.

joshuaao, bro2044, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Trae Young has been playing really well since Christmas. He got off to a slow start and everybody was talking s**t, but he's basically been improving all season.

9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

For real....there are actually silly ass people who can't figure out that on his WORST night, he still scores 28. It's easy to slam Harden but I didn't see these others that people raved about last game stepping up. It's sad people want to get all over Jimmy but the team w/o him is a lottery team probably. I think there will be a day that people realize what we have with him and wish we still had him. JMO.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Can't believe far'weed' outrebounded capaela.

A win is a win

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's awesome streak ends.

35.0 PPG is still on and huge.

Get that, with 50 wins, without overexerting ;)

Lose some games, Bucks.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah - even on an off night he was right there at 28 points. Just make one of his 10 missed 3s or another floater and he's right there.

I'm glad he didn't force it at the end and just let this streak business go away

It signals that the team is now healthy and winning trumps everything- especially in playoffs

Nice boring win!!

#852 Tfor3, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Remlap, Houstunna and Patience like this.
  13. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Crazy right?

Rocket River

Patience likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Man this game was extremely boring and disappointing, yes we got the win but Atalanta is one of the worst teams in the league and the Rox made them look like a contender SMH.

First of all Harden should have sat this game out, atlanta is a bottom feeder if Harden doesnt feel 100% he shouldnt be on the floor. Dude tried his best lile the MVP he is had 5 assist, 4 rebs, a deflection every 3 plays but clearly something is bothering him he blanked all of his 3 pters.

Rox defense wasnt up to point, good thing Atlanta is sloppy AF and didnt convert on layups and wide open 3s otherwise this would be the worst loss of the season. Atlanta is like 23rd in 3 pt percentage ranking but tonight they made 17 of 38...49% of their 3s wtf dude.

Trae Young is a bust, looking like garbage compared to his peers Luka, Ayton, Bagley and Jaren Jackson. Tonight, he looked like a superstar and an incarnation of Steph Curry. 36 pts on 52% FG and 66% 3 pt are you kidding me? Dude shoots 40% FG qnd 31% 3 pt against every other team in the league!

We played Capela, Faried and Tucker at the same time to dominate rebs but Atlanta actually had 10 more rebs lol.

Really bad effort tonight thank god we played the scrubby Hawks any other team this would have been a 20 pt loss.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

This is exactly what happened

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We don't live in a vacuum. This game was trash. 30+ games you are going to have a stinker. this was the one. Harden should have rested; he was not right.

ISOBall likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You do know that him playing hurt the team and could've lost them the game, but congratulations, Harden. Thanks for playing injured instead of healing up and saving your energy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

Capella has been lazy since he came back from injury. I rather have a scrub on the team giving 100%.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Which is why I said the Rox made him look better than Curry what do you mean tip my hat?

If he shot like that every game then I would tip my hat but he shoots 31% before this game no hat tipping from me.