1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 2/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Will replace ;)

DreamShook likes this.
  2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Jimmy had a horrible night from 3 BUT, I'm not totally sure we would have won sitting him in the 4th. As bad as things were, there are not 28 points sitting on the bench in even 2 players. May not be popular but people are dreaming that we are better with Jimmy off the floor. LOL.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not a great overall performance by the Rockets, but they got the job done on a night when Harden was not himself(yet he still scored 28). And Trae Young was hitting shots that would impress Stephen Curry.

Now comes a critical B2B. With a tough 3-game stretch coming up, they need to take care of business against Charlotte and Miami.

bro2044 likes this.
  4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Harden would have had to double his current streak of 30 point games to beat out Wilt for #1 all time, so I really don't care that it ended tbh

bro2044, Rox11 and Rock Block like this.
  5. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Harden was showing by not shooting that last shot but he still gotta change his ways

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah Rox defense so bad it made Young look better than Curry

HP3 likes this.
  7. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Faried acquisition may make up for the absolutely horrific offseason. I was always a fan of his because of his hustle and energy. He brings it every game. Love it. Honestly, Rivers reminds me of a church league player.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

That sure didn't look like Harden only caring about the streak. He had a bad game, but he easily could've gone for a last shot. Let the concerns be over. We got the W, Harden could've forced 30 and didn't.

Let's all be done with it.

9. MONON

MONON Member

They have a playa in Young. He has the quickest release I've seen in a long time. Not glad the streak is over, but Harden can relax now & play his normal game with CP3 back in the lineup.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Now that Harden's streak is over, I would like to see a Rockets win streak going.

Nothing too greedy, just a 17-game win streak like last year to finish the season strong.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the beginning of the game was amazing and I think The Rockets looked good when Harden was on the bench. The start of the 4th was terrible without Harden though. Can't blame Harden for the start of the 4th.

adw likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's a lie, almost every three was from 5 feet beyond the 3 point line.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

It belongs to both categories
    so basicaly yes

14. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Hahahahahaha

Credit to u/DeerOnTheRocks on Reddit. He is very talented!

DreamQuake and Swiss Roll like this.
  15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Ahh yes, the contested, off-balence, turnaround, fade-away 3, the Rockets need to learn how to not give up these easy shots :mad::mad::mad:

amaru likes this.
  16. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I actually enjoy our wins more when Harden plays well, but it was becoming a troubling trend in the past 5-6 games when he was just forcing bad shots on way too many possessions. He was pressing on offense way too much, I feel like the game comes more naturally to Harden when he isn't forcing it on offense & he just picks apart the D in numerous ways like a surgeon. I'm sort of glad the streak is over & now Harden can go back to finding mismatches on D & making them pay rather than forcing bad/tough shots just to get his points.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Some Clutchfan members are more excited about Harden’s failure to score 30 than the Rockets winning lol

o_Oo_Oo_O

18. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

How does this one look for the STREAK [​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

The new streak. . . . . WINS!!!
    Let's DO IT

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, the dude was crossing over and swishing 3-pointers from 30 feet away. When a guy is making shots like that, you tip your hat to him. And then promptly double team him and get the ball out of his hands which the Rockets wisely did.

BigMaloe, Remlap and Os Trigonum like this.