1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman says Rockets goal is to reach 50 wins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 20, 2019.

1. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

have... should HAVE
    “should’ve”

BeBreezy likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Such lofty goals ….. #NotImpressed.

Jontro likes this.
  3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this guy is a ****ing clown

MiddleMan and Jontro like this.
  5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

who guard leborn and kd? where is our small forward

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did he have to?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd say so.

If he wanted to state the team goal, to do that he would have to actually state the team goal.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why are the posters here so salty about a realistic goal, given the way the season has gone?

If it was the start of the season, sure, setting the bar at 50 seems underwhelming. But with the way the season is now, yes, 50 wins is a goal.

For all we know, Tilman is trying to light a fire under the players' asses - setting a "low" goal might cause us to overachieve.

YOLO likes this.
  9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

50 wins, a 1st round exist, and a tax saving season = WIN

10. gogispade

gogispade Member

"We'll be first seed till Christmas time."
    -EG

11. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Will tilman be happy when we get 50 wins but Capela hits his FTs?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s already stated that making the WCF is a goal...50 wins is the team goal for the regular season based off how the year has gone so far

I don’t see the problem

YOLO and BaselineFade like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Somebody telling Ego it depends on his fun level.

14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It’s called Tilman derangement syndrome. It’s the latest “thing” on Clutchfans. Now every phrase that leaves his mouth with be twisted to support the narrative.

You can hate him for being cheap, but this b****ing about a regular season goal tells me a lot about this sheepish mentality going around this site.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The full quote was: “If they want their paychecks to cash, they better win 50 games.”

(I kid)

joshuaao and J.R. like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen this quote in full context so maybe I'm missing something. I've just never heard anything other than the goal is WCF, so to now hear the goal is 50 wins is weird. I didn't interpret it as WCF is still implied, but without seeing it in context I suppose I can't say it is or isn't implied.

Edit

You know what. McMahon quoted it as "a" goal, not "the" goal, which is how I initially read it. So, my bad. Misleading thread title here.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I’d be mad if he said this at the beginning of the season. But have you seen our current record? 50 wins is an ambitious yet attainable goal. More than that would be a stretch unless we hit some ungodly hot streak.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I see them at about 47 wins. This team should have won like 55-60 this year smh.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Agreed. I told folks after last season 65 wins was sort of lightning in a bottle, but even with a dip they could be in the 55 win range with homecourt.

Injuries are always going to be a thing with a team this aged, and with CP3 as your 2nd star player, but I would have thought they'd put a roster together that can still sustain with him in and out of the lineup. With the current win rate they have now, yeah.. 47 to 50 wins would be target trajectory.

The big issue here though is that in a season where Harden is in video game god mode, 47 wins is a travesty. With him playing as good as he is at this high of an MVP level, 55 wins would be a given. 65 is a stretch without some lightning in the bottle, but 55 should have been relatively straight forward.

I love Morey, but he really really had a bad offseason & Tillman has only compacted those mistakes with cost cutting that will run the healthy players on this team down way too much going into the home stretch.

A first round exit and a pissed off Harden could really really alter the long term trajectory of this team moving forward. It doesn't take much to lose a superstar in his prime with leverage nowadays.

mfastx likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Tillman needs to shut up.

We even cant have a power forward... Pathetic.