1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Danuel House must have been studying under MCW while on the Rockets.

hongxingli likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not with those percentages he's been putting up since returning to the G League.

Remember the free agent market will also be saturated with good young talent... So betting on himself may not garner much more of an offer than what the Rockets are giving him now. Especially without him having much, as body of work goes.

We get it, you get hard ons for these scrub dudes like Patrick Patterson that get minutes off the bench for teams that don't do much in the playoffs. You can root for him when he signs a minimum deal with Toronto or OKC.

Btw Morey never overpaid for those guys I mentioned... that was the point. He's been pretty consistent with his motto of "we don't pay Chandler Parsons' we find them".

#162 FLASH21, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    roslolian likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe no Harden on the Vipers has something to do with it, too. His fit on the main roster is probably better than any other team he will ever play on. Fit is so important.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and dragonwill like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i guess it depends on how much one values House. But given that we are supposed to be in "win-now" mode. And given that we lack depth at precisely the position House plays. It's really hard for me to understand why were are doing this. We've made so many more consequential moves at the expense of our future under the justification that we are going all out to win this year. and yet, that doesn't seem to apply when one considers our trade deadline moves and this ridiculous House situation. This is the most annoyed i've been with our front office in many many years.

How are you in win-now mode when you bring back a worse team, don't make any significant moves to improve the team, and relegate what little talent and depth you have to the G-league just to protect their asset value. Meanwhile we give picks away left and right, and overpay injury prone players on the downside of their careers. It's really hard to know what to make of Morey's moves over the last year. very disappointing.

Richie_Rich, joshuaao and RyanB like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, but they are talking out of both sides of their mouths. we are in win-now mode, but we don't need House? if we are not serious about winning now, why did we teather ourselves to a 35 yr old Chris Paul?

kjayp and RyanB like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

To be fair, I said this before Tillman told a bunch of BS.

I think we are serious about winning, but not going "all in" until we get a shot at someone better than Gordon.

Richie_Rich and RyanB like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We aren’t even fully healthy yet.

Let’s see the squad healthy first before we start giving out contracts we don’t need too.

RyanB likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Or it could have something to do with not playing professional basketball for 2 months

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He likes the attention his money brings him. Even his huge donations come with a price. Just ask the Hofheize family.

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is based on 22 games or w/e bro you know what "small sample size" means right? His performance on the G League shows his play as a starter in the NBA is likely an abberation than an indication of his real skill.

I'm saying he is not a G League scrub but neither is he a starting Forward caliber in the NBA because a starting SF wouldn't struggle in the G League Harden or no Harden.

fattz likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's no proof that House is "the key" to solving the Rox's woes if he was that good he wouldn't struggle in the fricking G League.

12. fattz

fattz Member

He was smart not to play because his value can only go down from this point. Much like we are talking about now. He will never look better than he did with Harden. As an above average to average role player he will not look as good as real game time because he is being asked to do more than his “Rocket’s main Roster role” in the G league. We witnessed him in real time and he fits. Not sure I need to see more. He is a slightly above minimum wage player, IMO, because of his fit with our franchise player.

Either it works or not and he works.

He is VERY replaceable, Though.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but if you think about it shining in the G League should be easier than playing in the NBA even if its with Harden so I have no clue why he is suddenly struggling. Maybe he is out of shape after not playing for 2+ months lol

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Then why have we not replaced him ?

I think your last sentence is the obvious answer . But I'm worried that he may not find his form or "get back in shape" super quickly ... which is why the longer this went on the less hopeful I was that he could come back and help u

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he doesnt help us then highly likely no other NBA team will make him an offer so the Rox can keep him around long term like they planned.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah but he's not helping us win games / stay healthy right now .

How many of those nights that he was out could he have helped us ? How many of those nights would one more solid player have been the edge and we win ?

I understand that this course we've taken is probably the best to keep him long term ... but that's because we've tanked his value now that he's not playing .

If House was playing .... even with the fit discussion we've had ... if he produced well enough , some other team might have outbid us for him

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

But he is not, so no team is outbidding us for him, really that's the ebd of the story. A few losses here and there is small compared to getting a productive talent locked for multiple years given the teams financial situation.

As for how many wins House could've given us I mean don't lose your perspective analysts already say you are a star if you affect 5+ wins on your team. Are you saying House is a superstar? If not then clearly his win/loss impact isn't high.

fattz likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I guess we will see .

There is no guarantee we are going to lock him up for multiple years on the cheap .

A star being worth 5 wins is kinda pulled out of nowhere... and it depends on who you are replacing .

Harden is worth like 20 wins lol .

A few losses here or there could make a big difference . Also having a solid rotation guy who can play the 3/4 means less wear on PJ and maybe he would have never gone into such a deep shooting slump .

You might be right . In the grand scheme of things maybe it's better to keep House next year at the expense of half a season this year .... but you never know how House will play in the future . He could never regain this form he's shown . On the other hand ... he WAS in a groove and he was playing well and with a good fit .

Nothing is permanent in the NBA . **** can change on a dime ... and we threw away something that was working for what ?

19. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I honestly don't know who's gonna come out on top here.

House has looked terrible since returning to RGV. He gave up a starting spot on a contender in his hometown over a contract dispute. Will other teams be willing to put up with a "headcase" based on a very limited sample size? Pretty risky bet to make.

On the other hand, Houston is trying to "run it back" and is dying for wing depth. The team looked best with House in the lineup and has sputtered since (though I'd attribute this more to Capela's injury). Is the front office willing to risk playoff seeding and team chemistry in order to strong-arm House into a long-term deal at the minimum?

If I'm Harden, I'd be pissed off that you are asking me to shoulder such an obscene burden when there is a rotation-worthy player available to us. At some point, I'd go up to Daryl and ask that he resolves this.

I just hope it doesn't take a losing streak for both sides to be willing to come back to the table to negotiate.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

maybe the plan all along was to send House back to the D league - while telling people we were gonna be aggressive at the trade line...

then just use the trade deadline to get below lux tax - but tell people we're gonna be aggressive in the buy out market... but then dont offer anything substantial...

Then... convert House to his cheap 1 year min contract and sign some other scrub to a cheaper 2 way contract...

and say "Hey look we converted House - cause we're 'all in' and focused on a successful post season run!" ..that way it looks like the FO did something post all-star break...

...smh...