1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jussie Smollett attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Feb 14, 2019.

1. jcf

jcf Member

I'm not really arguing with you. I just think it is a tougher question than the usual one where someone invokes the First Amendment when it is really just an employer/employee issue. Those are DOA.

You are correct (imo) that if this is just viewed as another private actor issue, it will not impact FB or twitter.

That being said, given the market share of those companies, I think it becomes a more interesting question. We will see.

But, always fun discussing things with you!

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, they even kept the receipt for the rope and red hat! Ya know in case they had to return them.

King1 and dachuda86 like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently you think most are lying.

Jussie Smollett is a disturbed idiot who faked some hate crimes and got caught for it. He should go to jail.

And people should be patient and let facts come out. Yes. But you know what, you act like it's a problem with the "left" when the right jumps just as quick if not quicker.

And Jussie Smollett is not the poster boy that racism doesn't really exist and people who talk about it are making it up.

#203 Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

First, that is false. I think people with holes in their stories who don't cooperate with police and leave ropes around their necks for 45 minutes until police show up are lying.

Second, no one is claiming racism doesn't exist.

You are delusional.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How do you say his name I keep reading smelly-uttt . Probably from watching scrubs I guess

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Exactly the opposite, he is the poster boy that racism does really exist but not the way you would like it portrayed.

TheresTheDagger, King1 and dachuda86 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If this guy does not go to jail, does that not send the message that you can engage in these sorts of racist "Fake News" anti-social behaviors and get away with it?

Jussie Smollett Was Involved In Creating Racist Letter, Which Later Led To Attack, Sources Say

The two brothers involved in the Jussie Smollett attack told police that Smollett was behind creating a racist letter that was sent to the actor on the set of his show, “Empire,” according to two sources with first-hand knowledge of the investigation.

And when that letter did not get a “bigger reaction,” Smollett orchestrated the attack a week later with the two men–Ola and Abel Osundairo, sources said. Also Tuesday, sources said the two brothers were seen on a ride share video camera before being dropped off near the location of the attack.

2 Separate sources confirm to @tvbrad @SuzanneLeMignot

The brothers told police Jussie Smollett was involved in creating “threatening” letter. @cbschicago

- @CharlieDeMar

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Called it on page 1

Harrisment likes this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Are there statistics on actual hate crimes vs hoax hate crimes?

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Agreed with all you said here.

I think part of the issue today is the rise in hate crime hoaxes has begun to overshadow real hate crimes to the point that many people question hate crimes before they're investigated. It almost seems like the most high profile hate crimes from the last 3 years have come out as faked, while sadly many real hate crimes go unheard.

I'm beginning to think that the victims of real hate crimes go to the cops for help..victims of fake hate crimes go to the media/social media for attention.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Just out of curiosity, what kind of racism are you referencing here that you think actually exists?

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Basically he's saying black people can be racist too and do racist **** but those acts aren't typically thought of as racism unless a white person does it. Some truth to that.

I hope this desperate actor gets jail time if the allegations are true. Not sure what there is to debate and discuss about this one. Desperate actor being written off the show does a dumb media stunt to try to stay relevant. Oops, instead he ruined his career.

Harrisment, vlaurelio and mick fry like this.
  16. Senator

Senator Member

This isn't about staying relevant. This is about using a platform to ride a wave of anti-white sentiment pushed along by the national media. He was out for the blood of a very specific demographic - it is a hate crime.

mick fry and dachuda86 like this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think he means racism. There is but one kind. Jussie wanted to demonize whites who support to further his career with sympathy. He plays to a very specific fear amongst liberal leftists

mick fry likes this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Chicago police spokesman to @ABC on Smollett case: "We got information and we want to run (it) by him. If the opportunity is not taken [to come in], we’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.”

-@RobElgasABC7

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

LOL. I guess this is a good answer to my questioning why this is in the D&D. Lord almighty. Hate crime?! Who was the victim? lol...

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member