1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's actually been running the offense a lot better than Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It's been going on long enough to say it. Anyone who's been paying attention knows it's true. Harden has had b2b 1 assist games, and is just a chucker at this point. It's worse than ever.

CP is actually valuing possessions and getting the team good looks from all over the court. Even without the ball, directing off it.

Harden isn't even slashing anymore.He's actually become super predictable. I truly believe he's been playing worse than 16-17 and 17-18 on offense for the past month or so.

It's not to say CP3 has been more valuable on offense, but he has been more effective on the entire team, and much better on defense.

CP3 seems to understand what Harden doesn't, this team shoots mostly 3s and the difference between an off-dribble 3 or a spot-up 3 is neglible no matter who shoots.

Idiots actually think Paul is done because he's taking offensive possessions off but this system is so gimmicky and the league is so bad defensively, they don't need him to slash or pull up from mid-range right now.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

We don’t get a lot of middle ground posters do we?

Anyways post stats to back up your opinion, you can’t just say crap and not give any evidence.

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01/gamelog/2019

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01/gamelog/2019

I mean seriously, have you seen how Harden possessions end lately?

But look at the +/-(TEAM POERFORMANCE) difference between then since CP3 has came back.

And the Rockets have been rolling a 70 win pace with Chris Paul on the court in the last 5.

This is prime Chris Paul in every facet except....aggression.

Not that I look at it, he's been better than Harden.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Lol harden is injured fool, he just tough it out and it’s clearly affecting his play

While cp0 was bowling with Mookie betts harden was busting his ass trying to help this team win

jcf, RocketRed84 and don grahamleone like this.
  6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Got the actual numbers from NBAWOWY.

Since Paul's return(8 games)

Paul on court: Rockets ORTG: 128 | DRTG: 116

+12 net rating

Paul on, Harden off: 132 ORTG | 117 DRTG

+15 net rating

Harden on: 116 ORTG, 112 DRTG

+4 net rating

Harden on, Paul off: 106 ORTG, 109 DRTG

-3 net rating(!!!!!!!!!!)

https://www.addmorefunds.com/nba-wowy/?query=yr0gghyfc6c

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

Jesus... please delete this lol

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I highly recommend everyone makes an account on NBAWOWY btw. It's an encrypted site, and easy o make one. Same old email password routine. No confirmation even needed.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

This matches my eye test. Harden has been incredible at scoring but hasn't done very well with his point guard duties (mainly sloppy passes, getting the ball stripped, etc.). CP3 has been amazing since returning as a point guard, taking care of the ball and setting everyone up

We'll need both at peak form come playoffs. Let's see what the team looks like when Clint is back and Harden can go back to throwing lobs. That completely changes our offense which is why I would love to get DJ if NY buys him out (and he chooses us).

Koperboy, gfab-babyboi and xaos like this.
  11. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I’ve noticed CP3 become lowkey frustrated with Harden a few plays. Then harden will throw up a random shot and it goes in.

CP3 is a true PG he likes movement.

However it’s not just on harden it’s on mike D also.

I don’t see this working 3 more years.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Harden is going to have to back off super Harden mode. He’s not a selfish player but there has to be a little bit of a high that comes along with the run he’s been on while having to carry this team and backing off of that will be tricky.

apollo33 likes this.
  13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I think the biggest gripe on Paul right now is his atrocious defense, not offense. He's not switching properly, he is not being aware of back cuts, the list goes on..it's just awful & an occasional swiping steal isn't going to fix the deeper issue thats going on. He is currently the worst defensive player we have on the floor.. I mean it's debatable that Green is worse, but still.. your max player who has a reputation as being defensively great, who has defensive accolades should not be in the discussion as worst defensive liability on the court and yet he is.

Our offense is fine, we are getting the points we need. I don't even know why people are whining about offense. What.. do you want 140 points a game? That fixes nothing, please, be realistic. We need to put in a lot of work on the defensive side, no one more than Chris Paul himself.

#13 Realjad, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    hakeem94 and 1Deep like this.
  14. smp

smp Member

Let's see what happens when Capela comes back. Harden can go back to dishing to someone who can actually score.

15. threepointshot3

That’s why this team is going down the toilet since Paul’s return. The Lin fan troll malvo is back

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

You cant be serious. Look, I dont agree with all of OP's points at all, im somewhere in the middle and I def KNOW FOR A FACT. Harden is a flat out better player than Paul.

BUT GOOD LORD, if you think he is our worst defensive player you have just not been paying attention.

17. 1Deep

1Deep Member

To be honest CP has been pretty bad defensively.

He just can't stay in front of anyone anymore and his size gets him killed when switched onto bigs in the paint.

You basically have a guy out there who can't guard anyone.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Where do I click to see the offensive/defensive/net ratings? I made an account and clicked your query but I can't find it.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He always had steadier handles than Harden but his decline in his ability to score cannot really keep defenses honest.

He is more than ever reliant on other players' 3 pters to go in.

Let's be honest here, you think Harden does not drive no more.

So what do you say about CP3's lack of driving?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member