1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Harden shot 22 three pointers tonight.

Only one time the whole season he had shot more than 22 threes, that’s the GSW game, he shot 23 threes but that game is OT..

He had score 61, 57, 58 this season and none of those game he shot more than 20 threes.

This is forking ridiculous of chasing for “legacy”.

hakeem94 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I disagree with the Tucker being overrated, he is just getting old. But I agree on Shumpert.

3. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Nobody trolling I can tell you cant hoop by the way you think

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

In the 2 second halves against the Timberwolves, we have been destroyed by a combined score of 124-82

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

This is why signing Morris and bringing back house is key. Shumpert once he gets more in synch will help as well. Morris is big but he has the foot speed to defend a lot of different positions

#865 riko, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    cerophilik likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Harden is playing amazing, no question. But to be honest, too often our offense devolves into watching him dribble down the shot clock only to try and make a move with 5 seconds or less left that has an unbelievable level of difficulty. In the 3rd quarter, he must have gone three or four minutes of just going one on one over and over again, only passing it out on occasion to either get the ball back immediately or passing out with like 2 seconds left in the shot clock and putting others in a borderline impossible situation when it came to scoring.

I am noticing that Harden just seems to trust his teammates less this season. There are times where PJ's man doubles him and when PJ slides out for an open 3, Harden waits till PJ's defender returns to him rather than make a quick pass for an open three point shot. He doesnt pass to Gordon very often, or to Green. I really feel the best stretch of bball we played all season came after that first Dallas loss on Dec 8th, and during that time the ball rotation was really good. At some point after the Warriors game our offense reverted back to watching James play hero ball, and I hope this team adjusts after the all star break.

7. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Man depressing Clark and Harty are not nba players at this point and we are asking these guys to possibly play minutes because tilman is cheap

I won’t take Austin rivers slander on my watch. Without rivers we lose to the thunder on Christmas and lose to the warriors in oracle.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Says the troll with multiple ids. How original put a harden avatar so no one suspects you’re agenda. You are a troll who comes here to rag on harden probaly with multiple different accounts . You’re agenda is all to obvious. Welcome to ignore.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Another really bad loss. Rockets are being killed in the paint. Opponents are getting easy high percentage shots, dominating the boards while the Rockets are launching 35 footers at a very low percentage. Along with playing crappy defense, it is a formula for losing.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

40 Million $ contract got the locker room all out of wack. Probably waiting for playoffs to turn it "on"

11. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

well yea, but he's not on the court so Im counting what im watching now. Just like I know it will be different again once Clint is back. I thought it would be CP3 that would be what Harden needed, but CP3 just doesnt want to score. Clint makes it easier for Harden in every part of our game style.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It isn't just against the Wolves. How many times have we come out of the 3rd quarter and looked all awful this season?

Nook and HP3 like this.
  13. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Multiple ids? Man you dumb I don't have time for **** like that get out your feelings. I'm here to talk basketball with real rockets fan and you not one of them

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea
    No decent back up center or wing defender.

I’m tired of Eric Gordon
    Just watching him on every play I get like that Jackie Chan meme.

[​IMG]
    Every time
    And when he makes a shot I’m like
    [​IMG] finally a miracle

hakeem94 and RocketsFido like this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Would you trust Gordon and Paul of this season to run the plays and let Harden stand out for the 3pt?

I certainly wouldn't.

adw likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Stop using plus minus for one game, good god.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Clint can't come back any sooner.

In the meanwhile, Morey better hire some butler & maids to clean his house. Don't want him taking out the garbage and cutting his hand open like Ryno did or fall down the stairs like Wall did.

Tilman's too cheap to do it so Cp3 better chip in. Warp our only competent center in bubble wrap until he's fully healthy.

18. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I'm getting BOB vibes from him this year.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I honestly have no clue what Mike is saying to the team when we're up at half-time. A lot of the times we've looked lazy, and we seem to have less focus.

#879 aliadiere25, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Crashlanded19 and adw like this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Without CC, that became his thing to get it going.

Again, this game was lost on rebounding and defense like most other losses. Our offense was about slightly less than ok.

Nook likes this.