1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets reach out to Wolves about Saric

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Bro you really living David Spade’s dream of saving time in life by abbreviating everything. What do you do with all the extra time you save?

Dacamel and Madmanmetz like this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Clutchfans duh

saleem and Dankstronaut like this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

you got me

Deckard likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Having traded for shumpert .

Once again , the biggest hole on our roster is a 3/4/5 .

I know saric isn't a 3 and D player , but he's at least a 3 shooter lol .

We have PJ as a small ball 4 and we aren't going to get better than that . I agree that green from MEM is a better fit , but it's gonna be a bit tough to put together the salary to trade for him at this point .

Saric could be had for Nene straight up (salary wise )

I have no idea why the wolves would do that though ( even if nene agreed to cheap ass buy out )

Saric's contract isn't bad at all .

We would need to entice them . Would you be willing to go all in an offer a 21 or 23 unprotected first ? Multiple picks but with protections ?

Saric has the ability to contribute now and the ability to develop . I like that .

Let's goooo for it

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Saric would be still a great get but i just can't see this happening now, i don't think a 2nd rounder would be enough to get him...maybe House and pick?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would have to be a future first. Would we deal our 2021 1st round pick for Saric? Is he enough of a needle mover? Would Morey be willing to give up that type of future flexibility?

At this point seems really unlikely I would say.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ant (Taj )is being shopped heavily, too. Once Jimmy left, he was not part of the plan. He's not as close to Wiggs and KAT.

He's an expiring, a GREAT backup or starter if necessary and sets better picks than most.

I'd prefer him over Saric for when the playoff games slows down and you need an easy bucket in the post.

The Wolves asking price may not be too high, knowing that he wants no part of the Minny movement.

But, Cyber knows Minny much more than I.

I'm only aware of the Jimmy drama before his departure and some locker room "no nos" :)

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

As always, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Invisible Fan, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yup, don't see it. Even if for the Wolves he's a bench player (which is probably what he would be for us too btw), he's talented, still young and on great contract, there's really no reason to move him for minor assets.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. justtxyank

Like Taj, always have. All of these moves now have the same problem which is that we don't really have necessary salary to get them. I can't even build a trade that gets to the necessary salary for Taj without including Eric Gordon.

I wonder if he would be a buyout candidate.

joshuaao likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm guessing we don't own any 1st or 2nd round picks till 2034.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. LilUziSquirt

LilUziSquirt Member

We can't match salaries for Gibson

Codman likes this.
  14. Codman

Minny wants picks for the future. It could get done, though unlikely. Minny plays hardball with Houston allegedly. Our offer for Jimmy was much better than Philly's.

I'm having anxiety today about the possibility of my friend being moved.

That part of this league sucks. It IS personal. Our bond isn't just a common circle. It's as deep as the cancer we both fought. NeNe is one of the strongest, most loyal friends I know.

15. Codman

Correct. You'd need a facilitator.

But we need one more big, and I haven't heard anything about NY releasing DJ. Only Wes

RocketsTerps and Deuce like this.
  16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im ready for morey to blow my f*cking mind today with a trade. fingers crossed we come out on top

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

We can't match salaries for Gibson even with a facilitator is the point. His $14 million is way above anything we could aggregate. We can barely cobble together enough to aggregate for Green now.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

When he suited up for the Knicks I felt like they were just going to ride him out for the season. I would love DJ here, but get that NYK still need some fans in the stands if only to watch the team lose. DJ does put a couple butts in the seats.

Codman likes this.
  19. justtxyank

Not only has he suited up, but Fizz apparently loves him as a mentor to the team and the Knicks have already told Jordan that they hope to keep him next year and are hoping he'll consider signing for the room MLE after they use their cap space.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd say the odds of another deal today is pretty low, other than some minor shuffling.

Love to be wrong about TF paying big lux tax bills, but it looks bad so far.