1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i have no problem with shopping capella, but there is no way a frontline of faried and nene is going to get it done in the playoffs. we have to have some kind of rim protection at that point. GS would sweep us i have no doubt. most of our wins without clint have come against lottery teams. philly and denver embarrassed us.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with you Holic on importance of centers vs “Switchers.....interchangeable defenders”.....but I have
    a question for you. Can the Rockets trade Capela? I traded Capela in a trade thread to Kings to shed payroll, but forgot that I read Capela has some safe guards after signing his recent free agent deal.
    One being No trade clause. The other being a trade kicker.

I was researching going after Aaron Gordon (in the summer) prior to the end of last season. I read an article from
    the Orlando Sentinel in which the author claimed the Magic had to give Aaron Gordon a contract before entering free
    agency if they wished to trade him in the first year of the extension.

Once Gordon hit free agency July 1st, the Magic could match any deal offered to Aaron, but would lose some measures of control such as automatic “No-Trade” clause in the first year and 15% trade-kicker
    baked into the deal. He would have to ok the trade and then say whether he wanted to waive the trade kicker or not. I can’t find the article but I didn’t find the author confident in what he was saying......and
    it makes sense to me that the players and players union would fight for such measures. So that
    owners can’t just abuse them as mere assets.....at least in the first year. Players often have to
    relocate through free agency and don’t want to be up rooted so quickly.

Maybe a question for @BimaThug

3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s funny the threads that stick.
    David Locke ain’t tellin us S**T

Having said that I’m thinking maybe it’s time we trade EG and get something for him. Don’t like this knee injury I keep hearing about. We can’t risk not having him or anyone in his place for the playoffs. We could dodge a huge bullet if we get something for him and he ends up being injury riddled for the remainder of his contract.

swoosh1014 and Bids9 like this.
  5. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

You know something is gonna happen because there's been practically no leaked info concerning the Rockets. Most of our past dealings have materialized out of nowhere.

6. Garner

Garner Member

You think Morey would turn a deal for KD or AD because of PJ Tucker?

7. Wylo

Wylo Member

Is Gordon on the trade block? kinda suspicious

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

If I were Morey someone accusing me of being basketballholic would make me go ahead and reveal myself. **** it.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess other teams don't like it either :D:(

malakas and Zoplicone like this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Sore knee is legit.

11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

It has to be Gordon (or Paul). Valued higher than anyone else on the block because of their ability to create for themselves. GMs have to take into consideration that Harden makes players better. Tucker for instance wasn't the 3 point shooter he was before he became a Rocket, and he won't be the same if or when he's gone unless there's a James Harden on the next team.

Anyone who is traded will have to learn an entirely different system midseason after being accustomed to getting their open looks handed to them by the great James Harden.

This is why I don't think PJ Tucker is valued as high by other teams/GMs as he is by the Rockets and fans.

I believe Gordon, Paul or Capela will be traded. The team has to be upgraded and the only way is through those players.

Anyone else and i don't see a trade being anything else but a lateral move. But I hope I'm wrong.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Perhaps why he grew a beard to hide behind?

hakeem94 and BasketballMind like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Touché

Vivi likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

To be fair he didn’t offer Tucker for Butler (supposedly). I’m not saying that Morey wouldn’t include Tucker, but it’s not exactly crazy to think that he might not.

15. Garner

Garner Member

No, it is crazy.

To think we would turn down a deal to turn generational talents like KD or AD over a PJ Tucker is the definition of crazy.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

General soreness.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Gordon's contract is kind of team friendly as well. Makes him a bit more desirable as a trade piece. But his awful play hasn't really helped much...

18. sheb

sheb Member

He Gone

lionaire likes this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea this usually happens around trade deadline, so he wont get traded.

20. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

The sore knee doesn't help either