1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. vick

vick Member

Lakers pull out of trade talks for Davis. Now maybe Rockets can make some trades.

Why not? likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know why we're talking about Kevin Huerter right now, but I can't believe this guy lasted till #19.

3. rocketseagles07

Lol exactly. We’ve also heard 6k rumors before the deadline and seen nothing happen. Chilllll F5 nation

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I would like to get Huerter & Prince but I don't see it happening.

5. basketballholic

We are shopping Capela. He's the centerpiece of deals we want to get done.

6. JayZ750

Yes, no way. Short of basically James Harden, it's not possible.

Hawks GM is looking at Trae/Huerter/Collins and draft picks and cap space from there.

They're way better positioned than the Lakers, absent Lebron and the random desire for players to go there, imo.

7. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

I’m with you. That’s the best offer Pelicans get RIGHT NOW to stay competitive. Now if they even want to do that is another question. I would also need some sort of “CP3 guarantee” AD signs long term. If they wait , a Tatum and Jaylen Brown headlined trade would be pretty hard to beat IMO.

8. JayZ750

I mean Huerter isn't a win now Klay Thompson. Bear in mind Klay came in one year older.. and the Warriors didn't win a ring till his 4th year... so kind of 5 years from now for Huerter. But still, Huerter has the exact same 3PA per 100 as Klay had his rookie year, but not as good a % (though still good).

I see different upside for Huerter, as in I can see a future where he puts the ball on the floor and creates.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He would be the Rockets perfect 3 man.

The offense would be even easier for Harden and Paul to run.

10. tmacfor35

Have you seen the Rockets play without him? Are the Knicks going to buy out DJ 100%?

11. tmacfor35

Huerter takes tougher shots than Thompson but that jumper is beautiful.

I would over compensate for him right now if the Hawks were stupid enough to let him go.

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I considered him untouchable but if the deal yields a center and an impact player than it should be fine. I just hope the Rockets aren't banking on DJ being bought out. Unless the deal is for Matthews and DJ... which I don't know how I feel about.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Unless DJ is bought out and coming here, a Capela trade would have to bring us one hell of a center. As you are alluding, we are a small, no-rim-protection team in his absence.

"Shopping Capela", to me, would be Morey's phone call to New Orleans: "Capela, EGO, three first rounders. OK, four. No? OK, good luck to you. Hey, did you hear what Magic Johnson said about you behind your back?"

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's so cute when he's lost in Fantasyland.

thekad likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Is Morey actually a confirmed clutch fans member. I always suspected as such. Cool

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

The reason Morey will not offer 1 First for expiring contract such as Ja Green, Morris, etc.

Nets, Knicks or Clippers will offer more money to them in summer. It is hard to become a bid winner.

17. basketballholic

Who cares about DJ. Your acct act we've got to have him to replace CC. While he'd be great on a minimum deal there's plenty of options if we move CC...including AD.

18. amaru

amaru Member

How likely is a salary cutting move in your opinion?

19. basketballholic

This last 11 games without Capela should tell you all you need to know about his importance. We replaced him with Faried and we're fixing to go 10-5 at least while giving away a couple games.

But you guys just refuse to see it.

SMH

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Your point is that Capela is not as important as James Harden?