1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

CP3 is not a legit superstar anymore and he would not guarantee them any sort of relevance. He's an aging superstar who is probably just "good" now with the hopes that in big moments he plays big. They would have ZERO interest in him.

saleem, harold bingo and amaru like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

If Boston offers Tatum sure, we'll see if they do though. If not, i don't think Brown is better than Capela, maybe he has more potential but i just don'ìt see him become more than an elite role player, which is what Clint already is.

3. smokieethabear

If this happens the Warriors should just split into two teams and play for the NBA championship

topfive and amaru like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed, CP3 is only relevant for contending teams. Once NO loses/trades Davis, they are no longer contending.

Sajan and saleem like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's not a terrible trade package obviously (and we would definitely do it) but there's just so much more out there from other teams.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

gold.

this is why i love clutchfans

amaru likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

I don't know about Brown tbh. I just don't see a scenario in which Boston doesn't offer Tatum and players like Smart, Morris, etc. for Davis and that trumps anything the Rockets have to offer by a considerable margin.

But hey, you never know. It's worth Morey's phone call and he will do everything realistic to give us a chance.

Y2JT likes this.
  8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's an ultra long shot, but worth pursuing.

Anthony Davis is an absolute game changer when it comes to the Rockets and their window. He's 4-5 years younger than Harden, would alleviate a huge burden off of the backcourt.

You absolutely offer Capela, Gordon, 4 picks and see what happens. A team with Davis, Tucker, Harden, Chris Paul is a contender for the next 4 years.

Your best hope is that the Pelicans want to avoid the Lakers out of spite (and want someone to also have a chance to take down the Warriors).

Y2JT and mikol13 like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i mean, like i said i still don't expect us to get him for different reason, and one of those is that other teams on paper can outbid us, but at least we know the Rockets are ready to offer basically everything they can, not sure at least Ainge is ready to do the same.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Something tells me Brandon Ingram, KCP, and Lonzo will be Pelicans before Valentine's Day.

amaru likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

The Big Baller Brand will not be pleased!

Serious note: Would Ball's grade 3 ankle sprain hinder this?

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ha -this

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, if they offer Tatum we can definitely agree Boston has the edge here.

If they don't (and so far they didn't in other trade scenarios like for Kawhi) i don't think so, Morris is expiring, Smart is...ok i guess, nothing special though, i think we can agree with this, i'd take an unprotected pick over Smart anyday if i'm NOLA.

amaru likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Celtics have the best assets when you include players and picks. I wouldn't mind him going east if we can't get him.

-edit- just found out Celtics have to wait until summer due to weird CBA rules. but still still think they can create the best package.

saleem and Tfor3 like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Capela - Randle - Holiday - Ego Is not a horrible

Still I don't think NO would do it

Rocket River

saleem and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Would be great - but only if he signs long term here.

4 firsts is not all that valuable as the Rox would always be drafting at the botton of that round.

DD

18. Nook

Nook Member

I’d gladly give up Capela for Davis.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

That ankle will be fine by the time the Pelicans wake up and realize they completely blew their window with AD.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess so, even though i'm not sure...probably i'm a bit delusional, but like i said, if Boston is not willing to trade Tatum, i don't think they have necessarily that great package, and they would've to convince NOLA to wait till this summer anyway.

The Lakers can offer multiple young guys, personally i don't like any of them that much, but i guess if they're willing to move them all that's ovbiously better than what we can offer, espeically if they would also send pick/s to NOLA.