1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Youth Taunt Native American Elder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 19, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, you don't 'got it'. Nothing you said was accurate.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

As a combat vet, I always am told by veterans in non combat roles that all servicemembers are all equally important and deserving of praise for their service.

If Phillips stated that he was a "recon ranger", that would be a lie and he deserves some scrutiny. He never stated he served in Vietnam though. He kinda snaked his way with tricky wording.

There is no "recon ranger" billet in the Marine Corps anyways. We have Recon Marines but they changed that to MARSOC.

3. HTM

HTM Member

I’m not a vet and you can tell me. Would you think it’s wrong to allow people to believe you were an actual Vietnam Veteran when in reality you were a Vietnam “era” Veteran? That seems really bad to me.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Whether or not he was a Vietnam Vet doesn't change the fact that he did nothing wrong in the situation with the teens.

I don't want to harp on it, but he was a fridge mechanic so we all know that is bad and that is one stink that won't wash off of him ever. So it is okay to give him grief for that at any time.

5. HTM

HTM Member

Correct. Just a separate and aside thing stemming from this regarding service and how it is represented/ allowed to be represented.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

At least he’s not a cracker fridge mechanic, am I right?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, it was a mistake I'm sure he wasn't really too urgent to correct. He let the media run with "Vietnam vet". He absolutely should have corrected the media. He's probably not going to be recieving much sympathy from other vets because of this and rightfully so. You don't snake your way into making people believe you are a combat vet without making yourself look like an ass. He really made people lose the benefit of the doubt with him because of that.

In the context of the actual protest poo flinging, it's irellevent because I'm sure the maga kids would have no idea if he was a vet or not. The offensive part was mimicking his cultural chants which has nothing to do with his serivce.

This is a situation where all sides have blame and baggage. The "Black Isrealites" are probably the most to blame for this controversy as they instigated it .

#767 fchowd0311, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    RayRay10 likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

nope, still not right.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I weep for the children of LA Unified.

I will say a prayer for them...

...by marching on them and yelling and banging a drum in their faces.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Singing a song of peace next to them while playing a song of love and peace isn't really a bad thing. Even if you use words like "banging a drum in their faces". LOL

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's what the thread was initially about before it was proven to be fake news and that Nathan Phillips was nothing but a liar who showed up to mess with children in support of a hate group.

@FranchiseBlade made it clear yesterday that he's a big supporter of racism directed at children if they wear hats he doesn't support. In fact, he thinks they deserved it.

cml750 likes this.
  12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Summary of the girl who posted the 8 second context-less video, and here is the archived version of a tweet she earlier deleted.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

its from an April Vogue article hes in

'“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips continued, his voice breaking. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

According to CNN's transcripts he did twice. and the chyron says it too. I guess they could of misinterpreted him

Its not just the lying about the military career. Its lying about the event.

The kid who got called racist by the entire country and was doxxed, you know who could of helped him? You know who knew the whole truth before the long video came out? Phillips. Phillips could of said that the kid did nothing but stand still and smile. Phillips could of clarified that he approached the kid and got in the kid's face. Phillips could of said to stop harassing the kid. Would of helped the kid tremendously. You know what Phillips did with all his press time? He just lied a bunch about how angry he claims the kids were.

What an ass.

cml750 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Violence is wrong towards anyone. Towards the student who smirked at Phillips. Towards the other students who mocked Phillips. Doxxing people is wrong.

Its a shame any and all of this happened and could of and should have been avoided with a simple apology. Instead, it became a political battle, then escalated into much worse. All because a man in Shows how much more we as a society need to grow.
    Yes... the kid smirks at him, while others around him mock him with chants and tomahawk chops. And Phillips should have done what? Your desire to continue the politicization of this and hatred towards Phillips just keeps this going. If a responsible adult there had headed this off... if someone would have gone up to Phillips and the students and gotten some quick apologies and this would have never been an issue.

But no... folks dug in their heels, folks escalated the issue to make a few political points. Political PR firms get involved. The president gets involved. People getting doxxed, people threaten violence. People investigating the school's past and Phillip's past. More hatred.

Simple apologies.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oh, we get it. You don't like him and that's fair. He was fridge mechanic so he deserves hate.

But as horrible as it is that he was a fridge mechanic, he didn't do anything wrong on the steps in Washington DC. You seem desperate to change the subject away from that.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are so angry that the kids didn't do anything wrong that you are grasping for straws. Pathetic.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This Phillips guy is an actor. Cool video actually if you mute the skrillex.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dachuda86 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Hmmm. I guess we will see about that when one is elected.

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Member

Only he did not "step in between" the hate group and the Covington kids. Phillip's group walked right into the middle of the Covingting kids and started beating his drum right in the face of the poor kid who is now apparently the poster child for white supremacy as far as the left is concerned. The kid did nothing but stare at Phillips's who was acting like an idiot. If his intention was to get between the hate group and the Covington kids he and his group would have moved in between the two groups. Instead, he and his group went right into the middle of the Covington group basically ignoring the hate group. Phillip's groups actions actually escalated the situation. Add to that he has changed his story multiple times and lied about his service and it adds up to him being a very poor representative of native Americans. The Covington kids showed great constraint throughout the whole ordeal. If someone had got in my face like Phillips did with this kid when I was that age I am not sure I could have had that much restraint. The worst thing this kid did was smirk at a guy acting like a complete idiot. The media should be ashamed of themselves for pushing fake news yet again and anyone who still acts like these kids were to blame should take a long hard look in the mirror.

dachuda86 and Bobbythegreat like this.