1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Youth Taunt Native American Elder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 19, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yes there is. If they are harassing you by beating a drum in your face and yelling racist ****. You can try to dress this **** in culture or religion, but its really stupid to start making loud noises at a group of strangers without their consent.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

According to the Washington Times (I believe one of your trump approved media sources) and other conservatives digging for dirt, Phillips never called himself a Vietnam war vet, but rather a Vietnam War era vet and that he did serve in the military. But sure, keep attacking him to defend the disrespectful behavior of the students.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/21/nathan-phillips-vietnam-veteran-status-question/

https://www.conservativereview.com/...-war-veteran-never-fought-in-the-vietnam-war/

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Many people are saying, many people, saying. Derp.

5. CometsWin

You elect a white supremacist, stuff happens.

6. CometsWin

Is that breast milk? It won't help you now dude.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So with the latest information to come out, this is a story about a man who lied about being a Vietnam veteran that was encouraged to go over and get involved by another in his group who said

this turned out to all be lies, but it shows that the reason they came over was to join in with the hate group and antagonize the children waiting on their bus.

Once they got finished doing that, the guy who lied about being a Vietnam vet told the media

He went on to describe the children as reminiscent of people watching lynchings and said that despite being a Vietnam veteran, which he isn't, that it scared him.

Despite the DNC propaganda bot suggesting that Phillips never claimed to be a Vietnam vet....well

[​IMG]

Well, you just have to expect fake news to come from our resident bot, but fortunately we can prove him wrong easily enough.

cml750 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Whoa wait, he's not a veteran after all?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's not a Vietnam veteran, he was in the Marine Corps from 1972-1976 but he was never deployed to Vietnam.....but he felt that lying about it would boost his credibility, so that's what he did.

10. CometsWin

Blackface is blackface. It doesn't matter if you're at a Klan rally or a pep rally.

11. NewRoxFan

Phillips served in the military. Just not in Vietnam. That would still make him a veteran.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

a vet during Vietnam . not a Vietnam vet. He called himself a 'Vietnam Vet' multiple times. This is probably another cultural misunderstanding

cml750 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

Notice in the part of the video shown, the GROWN ADULT black Israelite protestors are shown to be far less aggressive towards the TEENAGERS than they really were. It's another example of bias....showing only what they want to show.

Why didn't they show the actual taunts bleeped out?

For Example: “Look at all these Dirty A** Crackers with red hats” “coon A** Ni*ger” “fa*gots” “dykes” “dirty animals”

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just a cultural misunderstanding.

15. NewRoxFan

All the reporting I read about the other group indicated they were yelling offensive things at the students including some of the words you types. That's why the lack of adult (or at least responsible adult) supervision was surprising and seemed to contribute to the problems the students had. The fact that the students were already having problems with one group should have guided the chaperones to collect the students and separate them from the other protesters.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

20190117_071455.jpg

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is indefensible. The media has to better than this.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. HTM

HTM Member

I don't really understand your preoccupation with the role of the chaperones, as if different group of young people of a different religion or skin color were being racially abused by a different hate group you would be talking about the parents contributing to the problem or asking "Yea, but where were their chaperones?" - it's a patently ridiculous line of thought.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

If the students were being abused by the other group (Black Hebrew Israelites) then chaperones should have stepped in. Don't know why this is such a difficult concept for you to understand. If one of my kids was on a school field trip, I'd expect chaperones to be there.

I'd also expect chaperones to make sure my kids behaved properly. Sure, I would own responsibility for how they act in public (as a parent, I have responsibility for how my kid acts) but I'd want the chaperone to help control how all the students act in public. Again, I don't understand how that is a foreign concept to you.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member