1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Youth Taunt Native American Elder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Look: another video void of any context meant solely to denigrate white male Trump supporters.

Haven't seen this before!

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an outright lie....but I expect that sort of thing from you.

You are conflating 2 different events, the "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" was not the event that Antifa showed up to and started attacking people, that was a separate event with separate people.

What I've said is that those who are attacking others with racist rhetoric deserve to catch a beating for it. What I did not say is that people who are not attacking others with racist rhetoric should be branded Nazis and attacked. I'm not sure why you struggle to understand the difference between the two things.

If a group of white supremacists were saying the things that the black supremacists were at this ordeal in DC, I'd have supported giving them a beating for it too.

I know something that might change your opinion, you do know that the hate group was targeting the black kids in the group right? Most of the worst racist rhetoric was aimed directly at them. Think about that for a while and pretend it was said by white people and I'm sure you'll start to care about it.

I call people racist for supporting racist comments. What's sad is that you seem to have no problem with it. There's nothing I've said in this thread that is dishonest, I've just been debunking fake news and calling out people for supporting racism. @FranchiseBlade made it clear that he supports racism when it is directed at children wearing a hat he disagrees with so I called him out on it just like any decent person should have.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've watched several different videos as well and there are at least two different students that use the tomahawk chop motion. I would be happy to listen to any other explanations of what those students were doing.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How does this story play differently if those kids weren’t wearing the MAGA hats?

6. tallanvor

Carl has pushed two false stories so far in an attempt to label people he disagrees with politically as racist. These are high schoolers hes determined to destroy. Hes everything that we hate about the current political enviornment. Maybe this third one is real? Who wants to try and believe this guy? Btw, no author was willing to put their name to this disgusting nydn piece. Wonder why?

#586 tallanvor, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  7. tallanvor

They aren't approached by phillips.

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

As for the "lady" posting the 8 second clip:

You've been **WARNED**, since it cannot be posted here.

--https://twitter.com/roflinds/status/351161532274585601--

#588 Cohete Rojo, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would change the significance of telling the students to go back to Europe. It probably wouldn't even elicit the call for the kids to go back to Europe.

You also wouldn't have people desperately trying to make a false narrative where the students are heavenly angels beset on all sides by racist oppressors of the white man. But now because of their MAGA apparel folks will try and twist, manipulate, and change the presentation of the facts.

10. durvasa

Right. This video is consistent with what I wrote, and what you denied as happening. Did they or did they not gathering around him, jumping up and down? I already know you think they were doing nothing wrong. I’m just pointing out that someone in the middle of that could think they were actually mocking him in a disrespectful manner. Not saying that’s what they were all doing, just that one can sincerely perceive it that way.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The kids were doing their school cheer when that goofball barged in and disrupted them with his chanting and drumming, so the kids just rolled with it and started chanting along and even doing a tomahawk chop, having fun. This was characterized as them mocking him.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. durvasa

Yes. There’s a blurry line between “having fun” and mocking him or trivializing what he’s doing there. How you read what happened depends largely on your political sympathies.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

As they say, never attribute to ordinary confirmation bias what can more easily explained by a self-satisfying rally around a shibboleth.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

@Carl Herrera

Might I suggest you stop posting unverified tweets for the time being? You're not very good at it.

15. TheresTheDagger

16. TheresTheDagger

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dressing in all black is one thing, putting on black paint in the style of old school racist minstrel shows is indeed blackface. You can try to hide it under "school spirit" or "black out" but it appears at least one student used it as an opportunity to mock blacks - it's clear from the student on the right in the photo.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to hear from the Clark County kid and his teammates.

I'm fine with the explanation that they did it with innocent intentions. It seems pretty un-self aware, like when Princess Michael wore a blackamoor broach to dinner with Meghan Markle.

If I'm a black kid and I walk into that room unexpected, that would freak me the hell out and I would be uncomfortable and intimidated as hell.

If the Clark County kids expect it and are cool with it that's fine. If not and they spring it on them when they walk in the room it's in extremely poor taste.

White people dont get to tell black people what they are allowed to be offended by. If it intimidates or makes the guest team uncomfortable it is not ok. The white kids dont get to tell the black kids to lighten up

If they have "innocent blackout games" every time a predominantly black team comes in for a game, for instance, that innocent team spirit blackout isnt very innocent.

tldr; I believe they believe it is innocent. I think plenty of white people in the South thought lawn jockeys and little black sambo were just good innocent fun, too, until black people were empowered to make their opinion known in the 1960's. I'd like to hear confirmation from the people who might have cause to get upset upset before agreeing that it as innocent as they claim.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Covington Catholic defenders remind me of people who are gullible enough to believe Tilman Fertitta when he denied ever talking about the luxury tax in the summer. While an individual transaction may have been somewhat plausibly explained by reasons other than tax-cutting, the denial of cheapness gets less and less believable with each new instance that comes to light.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking they might want to double check on the name on line #8. Maybe #'s 17, 18, and 21, too. I think it's possible someone slipped a few aliases past their super high tech name locating algorithm.

I will bet any reasonable sum that you like that nothing ever is adjudicated against anybody due to the presence of their name on on that list. But i bet it sure stokes the sense of righteousness behind your indignation.

#600 Ottomaton, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019