1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Front Office is a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Jan 16, 2019.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

1. Ok cool we agree on that. The trade deadline isn't until next month, trades in December/January don't usually happen, teams tend to hold off until the deadline.
    2. If you really think we were offering 4 years worth of first rounders for a 6 month rental then there's not much more I can say. It's 4 first rounders! I'm not gonna bother with a point 3 or 4 because this is really the definitive thing isn't it. You're refusing to believe we would extend Butler because you've decided Tilman is cheap, but the fact we even tried to trade for him kinda proves the opposite.

MorningZippo, roslolian and jojolover like this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

In summer, I am completely against Paul contract, and acquiring Knight and Chriss
    Now I am completely against shutting down House.

3. Sanity2disChaos

Sign House dumbass.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you're overlooking that 2 of the 4 first round picks were just to dump our toxic contracts. and it has nothing to do with tilman being cheap, as i mentioned -- in your scenario of our signing butler to a max next summer, four players under contract (JH/CP3/CC/JB) alone would be making $125M in salary. that is a guarantee for hundreds of millions in repeater tax down the line, which no nba franchise not even the warriors are going to pay.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Op is a amateur. Bro healthy clint cp3 n harden is gonba win u a **** load of games. They have a great core. Like only 5 teams have that

roslolian likes this.
  6. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

wait..how did u know we were getting a undersized PF on the vets min? this is def MOARAY

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The offseason was a disaster (MCW, Melo, Ennis, Knight/Chriss). But finding Clark, House, Rivers, and now Faried on the clearance rack shows that they're still doing their due diligence. All hope is not lost yet.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Credit where credit is due- getting Faried on a minimum deal is excellent.

IvanLCPM, BaselineFade, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Morey is killing it at Nordstrom Rack. Rivers, Faried, Clark, House (on layaway).
    We still have Chriss and Knight (17M) and our first round pick to use. I think a playmaking 4 is our next target if we can get House back on the roster. If not, another wing.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Its Bazemore bro. Thats the move.

roslolian likes this.
  11. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I doubt it since he is due 18M next year. TF doesn't want to pay the Repeater Tax unless we win the Chip or if its a superstar. It has to be someone that has 1 year left on the deal.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Whats chriss knight making again oh yea

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Its the same tax u already paying with knight n chriss

roslolian likes this.
  14. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

TF doesn't want to pay the repeater tax next season. He is on the record saying that so Morey has to find a good player on a expiring.

15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I see you dont understand what tax line means and contracts you can offer.

CP3s signing for less doesnt change the amount of money we can give Free Agents we dont have rights too since we are already over the limit.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

While it's true cp3's alotted cap space wasn't that much, let's not ignore his fat contract is a virtual elephant in the room when Maori asks Tilman to sign a little extra for someone else.

Progressive luxury taxes hits the bottom line hard.

17. Mr. Space City

i see you don't understand that CP3 taking significantly less would give them more room in that "limit"

i'm sure morey wishes he could've got cp3 for like $20 million a year rather than $35 million and have that $15 million to work with.

shiiiid, if chris paul really wanted to **** up that warriors dynasty he could've signed a 1 year deal for the MLE.

#137 Mr. Space City, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  18. Game7

Game7 Member

We already did, dumbass. Now he wants an NBA payday. Give him a candy bar and a minimum contract.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He wouldnt have 15M to play with once you are over the "limit" as you say you are only allowed exceptions and vet min deals. That's the whole point of having a salary cap in the first place! It doesn't matter how much over the cap you get if you reduce being over the cap from 20M to 5M the limitations you have stays the same you just pay less money. Thats why the other dude is saying it doesn't matter if you paid Cp3 20M or 40M in terms of capspace the only difference would be if you let him walk entirely THEN the Rox would have maybe 5M to spend since they will be under the cap but you lose the exceptions which means you actually spend less. Of course Morey would want Cp3 to cost less since he would save Tillman money which would make him look good.

Please read up on how the salary cap works before you start complaining about stuff you don't understand.

MorningZippo and RocketToVegas like this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly this 1000%. The people here don't know TF. I am certainly not a fan. He is only in this for a chip to drive up the valuation another $1B and use the leverage it buys. He wants premium assets and stars. He wants Butler and was enamored with the idea of turning that Ryno contract into Butler. He wants to win but is going to look at every contract on that roster. This is why Ariza was never in the picture at $15M but was he ever offered a different deal? This situation should have been resolved much sooner but now will be in two weeks one way or another. Those picks could have helped us last year and we are doing the same thing again I fear. We cannot keep carrying an anchor and expecting James to bail us out. The House thing is BS and will get done but this aggressive contract play with someone bailing you out every night at the 3 and basically canceling the Ariza effect is ridiculous. That kid has earned a contract with us and we should be grateful for the gems we have found without 1st round picks. Give me a solid consistent contributing player that will grow over pipe dreams every day of the week.