1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh yea i forgot the dumb n one foul at the end. He ****ed up there. But he wasnt the only one at the end of this one that was dumb

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm you do how he got a free run to the rim in the first place right. PJ went for the charge. he could of got it but didn't this time.

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Oh, I agree. MDA starts the game with no center and all you see are layups and dunks and the Rockets down early by double digits. Then he decides to play a center but picks the worst one out of the 3 by playing Chriss. Finally rights the ship with Nene at center and Clark playing at his correct position playing good defense and rebounding. Then down the stretch no Center again and Clark sits on the bench while the Rockets struggle to rebound and defend the paint. Absolutely mind boggling.

hakeem94, Zergling, chadyang and 4 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man that was really awful...i totally agree.

hakeem94, D-rock and mike2k132 like this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

With all thats happened....still we doing better then what people thought we was gonna do. This whole season is house money to me..so not to down. Gettem saturday. N get to the playoff healthy. N im good

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

So glad we brought Jeff B back. He truly saved us from getting scored on 75 points in 4th quarter instead of 46

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Nets now 4-1 in overtime games.........us 1-3

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know what I meant. A real backup center with Clint being out, and even after that. Nene and Clark aren't the answer.

Remlap likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

pretty irrelevant today. If we had our full line up, i might agree with you

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sort of how I feel. If we can stay afloat and push for a top 4 seed then I like our chances for a deep run. No team can lose that many starters and key pieces and be asked to secure Ws and yet because of Harden's greatness we have.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

When have you seen me use a plus minus stat for one game? I mean, I feel like he's the same as last year. And are you gonna blame Dantoni for House? Gary......man, idk guys, alot of people like Gary, I do too, but if you are relying on him to win use games, then this stretch will be rough.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Just make a crazy shot? Harden was just making the right reads out there. He was being doubled and dudes couldnt hit their shots, its fine, it happens. Dantoni has his issues, but offense is not one of them. DEFENSE, is the thing we need to talk about, cause this is ridiculous. Its bad and we are in the 20s in defensive efficiency.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

STOP PLAYING MARQUESE CHRISS!

HE'S BEEN TERRIBLE EVERY SINGLE MINUTE HE'S BEEN ON THE FLOOR!

Deuce, hakeem94, chadyang and 5 others like this.
  14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You're describing what Harden is doing. So again, D'Antoni--instead of being an actual coach and drawing up plays and making defensive substitutions when necessary--just relies on Harden to make the right plays? Hmm, okay.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Perfectly put .

Why not start Nene , see what he can give you , keep Clark at his natural spot that whole time , and give Hartenstein a shot .

These are decisions that 90% of CF would make ... they are no brainers !!

MDA tried to get too cute and outsmarted himself

chadyang and PeterKingX like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep Experiment over. Think we gotta go get lopez now. Like today

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA is clueless idiot.

Starting Nene brought us a win last game.

Then he benched Nene and started Clark...SMH.

lw17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

We dont need to draw up plays all the damn time, we have system that puts on Harden/Paul in the position to make the right reads, we are top 2-3 in offensive efficiency, there is nothing wrong with the offense. We have man differnt types of screen and rolls to run but it is upon Harden to make the right play. Thats not asking to much of him. Good lord, look at our roster. LOL defensive substitutions, whos this stud defender you got in mind huh??? Doing that has produced historically good offenses, they cant stop what we are doing. Not to say we dont have plays, we do.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I actually thought he had the right general idea but implemented it wrong...like i been saying if gonna go small 5 tucker 4 green 3 harden 2 gordan 1 rivers

20. macan

macan Member

joe chee > chriss