1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TBJr7, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So it's looking like we have to decide between keeping House long term or preserving MLE for a buyout candidate.

Frankly, I don't have a problem competing for buyout candidates with the minimum. Who else is going to offer 25+ minutes on a Western team with homecourt advantage? If it's a guard or C that gets bought out, I'm not that interested anyway. We're a very good offer and even having $1m more to offer doesn't necessarily mean we will get whoever we want.

IMO House is worth our remaining MLE for this year and next. What's not worth it anymore is having Eric Gordon when we have Rivers, House, Green, Ennis and Knight who can all back up Harden and Paul. We need to use Gordon to upgrade at forward while preserving or heavily protecting our picks. For now, let Morey negotiate. If House's agent lets up, great.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I see no reason not to lock House up on a reasonable contract. He’s shown what he can do, he’s young, he plays well in his role in the system, he has good size, there’s just not much downside. Pay the man!

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Good point!
    I'd give House 3-years 9 million. Nothing is sure in the buyout market. Look at last year.
    I don't let House become free agent in the hot market in July. Divac is "crazy", he could give House 1-year 8 million contract. Tilman won't be a bid winner.

Rivers could be hot too. With Paul and Knight in the book, Tilman could give up bidding.

Mathloom, saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good to know. In that case, I hope Morey signs Willie. He did decent in Miami a couple of years ago.

MC31B and saleem like this.
  5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

If House was sent back to G League tomorrow,
    Going forward, the players all over the world would consider Tilman as a cheap guy. It's only 8 million taxable payroll at this moment. Is Tilman cheaper than Dan Gilbert, who paid 210+ luxury taxes in 4 years?

IMO, House is highly likely to sign today.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Danuel House is giving us everything we hoped James Ennis would. He is giving us low-key Iguodala calibre minutes at SG/SF/PF.

Lock him up with Gary Clark. Solid role-players at worst.

8. jboslett

jboslett Member

Really have grown to like this kid. Can do a bit of everything and plays really hard.

The post above referencing EG getting moved for help at the 3/4 seems spot on given our new found depth at the guard spot. If it doesn’t happen, one has to conclude we’re going to make our postseason run playing lots of small ball.

Mathloom, don grahamleone and topfive like this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

RudyTBag, jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like, say, 99% likely?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How much time do the Rockets have to complete a deal? It would be terrible to see House continuing on a 2 way status.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you want to save the MLE for the buyout market, then you have to ask the obvious question: Who will potentially be available that are better than House and can be signed with the MLE?

mario elie, Deckard and RudyTBag like this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The last several years have proven that having SOME MLE money doesn't mean jack with most buyout guys, so I'm with you. The only time money seemed to matter was with Greg Monroe last year but that was for like $7million.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Now that you mention it, I bet the Kings would love to give House 6m/2yrs right now. They are looking for depth on the wing. Who knows that kind of thing might be a risk. But I do believe House might give us a hometown/homegrown discount.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We might need the MLE to sign Rivers next season...but I am against using the MLE this season as there would be buyouts that occur after the trade deadline.

I think DH should get a contract above the min but not for the whole MLE amount.

We should tap into a little bit.

I think he signs. He loves it here and wants to be here.

We can still get under the tax...and or upgrade with health and at the trade deadline.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Holic secured the 1st seed long time ago, now hes coasting in order to get to the playoffs healthy and rested.

topfive likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fool.........holic is Kaiser Soz....er, BigBum.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A jacked 6-7, 25 year old wing that shoots the three, defends and gets to the free throw line? Has a step back? Can finish with either hand and through contact?

Those types just aren’t available. Gotta hold onto him at all reasonable costs. 3-4 years would be great.

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Danuel House news please.

Very nervous and anxious fan over here..

Os Trigonum and RudyTBag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.